Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    just wondering, what exactly about dorell wright's game do you guys like? aside from his 3pt shooting, he doesnt bring much else to the table.

i'm yet to witness any of his 'excellent defensive skills' and for a player who is 6'9, he doesnt rebound the ball very well..... in 38 minutes per game in his career year (which he hasnt come close to sniffing since or ever for that matter), he only grabbed 5.3 boards a game.

he shoots a good 3 pt PCT, but overall from the field in the last 3 yrs has only shot 42.3, 42.2, and 35.3 this season.

the only real comparisons i see between these two players right now, is that they both have zero handles, and they are both black. thats about it. if anything, dorell wright is a MUCH worse comparison than mo pete.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Those 4 games were probably a 4 game western road trip. mo only scored at home. check his career numbers
    most players play better at home than on the road though. only elite players see very little drop-off if any. mo's highest point home/away differential was the 04 season. he avged 15.1 at home and 10 flat on the road. 12.5PPG that season. every other season saw a 3 pt differential or less.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    just wondering, what exactly about dorell wright's game do you guys like? aside from his 3pt shooting, he doesnt bring much else to the table.

i'm yet to witness any of his 'excellent defensive skills' and for a player who is 6'9, he doesnt rebound the ball very well..... in 38 minutes per game in his career year (which he hasnt come close to sniffing since or ever for that matter), he only grabbed 5.3 boards a game.

he shoots a good 3 pt PCT, but overall from the field in the last 3 yrs has only shot 42.3, 42.2, and 35.3 this season.

the only real comparisons i see between these two players right now, is that they both have zero handles, and they are both black. thats about it. if anything, dorell wright is a MUCH worse comparison than mo pete.
    I am not saying wright is a good comparison but he is a willing passer, defender and actually has improved his rebounding since his so-called "career" year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsumadchat View Post
    most players play better at home than on the road though. only elite players see very little drop-off if any. mo's highest point home/away differential was the 04 season. he avged 15.1 at home and 10 flat on the road. 12.5PPG that season. every other season saw a 3 pt differential or less.
    i dont like at PPG, I look at FG%. I remember there was always a difference. He was very consistent in his "in-consistency"

vCash
    I am not saying wright is a good comparison but he is a willing passer, defender and actually has improved his rebounding since his so-called "career" year.
    but it was a 'career year'. i just dont see him putting together those kind of numbers and productivity again, or getting an opportunity to put up 14 shots/game again. however, i did just look again and his rebounding for this season has gotten better and his rate is definitely higher since he is only playing about 21MPG.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    i dont like at PPG, I look at FG%. I remember there was always a difference. He was very consistent in his "in-consistency"
    that is correct. in his first three years with the raps he was almost identical home/away, with one year actually shooting better on the road. over the last 4 years with the raps, he shot worse on the road than home with 2 of those years having a 9% drop-off in efficiency.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    have you guys all forgotten how average and inconsistent mo pete was

if ross is going to be mo pete versian 2.0 ... trade him now!!!
    offensively, yes. but i always thought he was undervalued on the defensive end. that could be selective memory though.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Terrence Ross can become a Michael Finley type player, maybe better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Geez you guys are ridiculous minus the Dorrel Wright comparison, while were @ it let's say he Michael Jordan with a better three point shot I mean they both play SG right?
    Does that mean you like my Dorrell Wright comparison?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanreidchiu View Post
    Terrence Ross can become a Michael Finley type player, maybe better
    He's more Eddie Jones than Finley IMO.

vCash
    i sure as **** hope he's better than Dorell Wright...

vCash
    I was thinking more of Dorrell Wright's prime numbers being Terrence Ross' peak numbers over a stretch of like 3-5 years.

vCash
    remember when andrea was gonna become dirk? and demar was gonna become vince? and jose was gonna become nash? now ross is gonna become tmac?

idk why raps fans continue to get their hopes way too high on our young players.

ross becoming a dorell wright type player (decent rebounder, very good defender, excellent shooter) is a very realistic expectation for ross and idk why people would be unhappy with that.

if you think he is gonna be a tmac caliber all star you are just gonna be disappointed in a few years when he is not that player. i like his game but he has a looooooooooong way to go. tmac was the scoring champion twice for gods sake.

i think his potential is higher than dorell wright's but he will be closer to wright than tmac.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He's more Eddie Jones than Finley IMO.
    agreed.. eddie jones is a good comparison

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    remember when andrea was gonna become dirk? and demar was gonna become vince? and jose was gonna become nash? now ross is gonna become tmac?

idk why raps fans continue to get their hopes way too high on our young players.

ross becoming a dorell wright type player (decent rebounder, very good defender, excellent shooter) is a very realistic expectation for ross and idk why people would be unhappy with that.

if you think he is gonna be a tmac caliber all star you are just gonna be disappointed in a few years when he is not that player. i like his game but he has a looooooooooong way to go. tmac was the scoring champion twice for gods sake.

i think his potential is higher than dorell wright's but he will be closer to wright than tmac.
    Lol. You might as well add when people thought Davis was the next O'Neal.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast