Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Terence Ross projections

so, the way he has played so far this season, and the way he has been utilized, are you guys happy with the progression of terence's game?

further, who do you guys see him resembling so far in his young career?

i PERSONALLY, see lots of similarities in his game with a former great raptor, Morris Peterson. he plays good defence, he's a good spot up shooter, he's VERY GOOD curling off screens and moving off the ball, and he seems like he has a good IQ. with his finishing ability and superior athleticism, i think he has a good chance to be better than mo pete, but along the same path.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    wow u compared him to MP3 what he ever do to u? lol

vCash
    He looks real solid, I believe if he wasnt playing behind Derozan and starting he would be putting up big numbers (for a rookie) and getting a lot more attention....Next year Derozan plays the 3 Ross at the 2 and AA as the 6th man

vCash
    i like what i see so far.. i still think he needs to get a lot more comfortable with his handle and i think he needs to get stronger with the ball. there are times where he comes off the screen and the shot isn't there but he shoots it anyway cause he isn't confident in his handling IMO. his defense has been very good, decent on the glass, i love the way he closes out on shooters, and his jumper is nicee.

overall i am happy with him and i see him following a similar development path to that of our very own ed davis.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    i like the OP's comparison to Morris Peterson. a more athletic version. i can buy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i like the OP's comparison to Morris Peterson. a more athletic version. i can buy that.
    First guy that came to mind when I read the thread title too. One thing I always thought about MoPete was that he had some untapped talent but seemed to settle for a being a complimentary player. If Ross develops a similar skill-set with more of a take charge mentality, he could be a very good player in this league.

vCash

mo pete was alright i guess. but nothing special really.. not saying i think he will be an all star but im expecting more from ross ...

I see him more as a richard jeffreson type in his eary years with the nets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    mo pete was alright i guess. but nothing special really.. not saying i think he will be an all star but im expecting more from ross ...

I like that comparison

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash

well so am i!

if Morris Peterson was a better athlete he would have been a much better player.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    well so am i!

if Morris Peterson was a better athlete he would have been a much better player.
    you mean like if we combined mo pete and derozan together we would have the perfect wing player ?

for real though mo pete was way way too inconsistent for my liking. he was always a guy who went off for one game and disapeared for 4.

vCash
    you mean like if we combined mo pete and derozan together we would have the perfect wing player ?

for real though mo pete was way way too inconsistent for my liking. he was always a guy who went off for one game and disapeared for 4.
    Those 4 games were probably a 4 game western road trip. mo only scored at home. check his career numbers

vCash

but it is much more plausible. i think mo pete in his prime was all around better than richard jefferson. jefferson's 3pt numbers in his first five years in the league are HORRENDOUS. jefferson had the luxury of playing with guys like Jkidd and Kmart. mo pete had who? aside from VC, who happened to be injured most of the time, no one else made his game easier for him.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    yes, but can he ring it up from downtown? That's an MP3 download, from Parry Sound, Ontario.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    yes, but can he ring it up from downtown? That's an MP3 download, from Parry Sound, Ontario.
    ahh the good ol days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    Haha classic. I miss Chuck.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast