Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Terence Ross projections

so, the way he has played so far this season, and the way he has been utilized, are you guys happy with the progression of terence's game?

further, who do you guys see him resembling so far in his young career?

i PERSONALLY, see lots of similarities in his game with a former great raptor, Morris Peterson. he plays good defence, he's a good spot up shooter, he's VERY GOOD curling off screens and moving off the ball, and he seems like he has a good IQ. with his finishing ability and superior athleticism, i think he has a good chance to be better than mo pete, but along the same path.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    wow u compared him to MP3 what he ever do to u? lol

vCash
    He looks real solid, I believe if he wasnt playing behind Derozan and starting he would be putting up big numbers (for a rookie) and getting a lot more attention....Next year Derozan plays the 3 Ross at the 2 and AA as the 6th man

vCash
    i like what i see so far.. i still think he needs to get a lot more comfortable with his handle and i think he needs to get stronger with the ball. there are times where he comes off the screen and the shot isn't there but he shoots it anyway cause he isn't confident in his handling IMO. his defense has been very good, decent on the glass, i love the way he closes out on shooters, and his jumper is nicee.

overall i am happy with him and i see him following a similar development path to that of our very own ed davis.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    i like the OP's comparison to Morris Peterson. a more athletic version. i can buy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    yes, but can he ring it up from downtown? That's an MP3 download, from Parry Sound, Ontario.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    he really needs to know when to stop and pop compared to continuing to drive to the rim. he comes off screens and tries to shoot it too often when he is also a great finisher at the rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i like the OP's comparison to Morris Peterson. a more athletic version. i can buy that.
    First guy that came to mind when I read the thread title too. One thing I always thought about MoPete was that he had some untapped talent but seemed to settle for a being a complimentary player. If Ross develops a similar skill-set with more of a take charge mentality, he could be a very good player in this league.

vCash
    If we get a legitimate SF, I am hoping that Ross will be our future starting Shooting Guard.

Then we can trade Derozan for a first round pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    yes, but can he ring it up from downtown? That's an MP3 download, from Parry Sound, Ontario.
    ahh the good ol days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    If we get a legitimate SF, I am hoping that Ross will be our future starting Shooting Guard.

Then we can trade Derozan for a first round pick.
    unless your getting a top 5 pick or something, thatd be pointless because derozan has turned into a great player and keeps getting better

vCash
    Derozan isn't worth a top 5 pick...

But on the topic, I think he can be a solid starter, just needs get more of a slashing mentality. Haven't watched any games recently though so I've never seen him play since he's gotten more mins.

vCash
    I like him, a lot.

Great transition player and a good shooter/defender. He can definitely improve on many facets of his game though (which he will of course - kid has tremendous basketball IQ). Needs to get stronger, better his handles this offseason in order to really go at opposing wingers next season, and improve on an half-court offense that leaves much to be desired. So far, all he's shown me is some good slashing and the ability to cut through screens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Derozan isn't worth a top 5 pick...

But on the topic, I think he can be a solid starter, just needs get more of a slashing mentality. Haven't watched any games recently though so I've never seen him play since he's gotten more mins.
    He's actually shooting the ball really well lately.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    Haha classic. I miss Chuck.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast