Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    1. Knicks are probably top 3 in depth. Every player on the roster can play and contribute meaningfully in any NBA rotation.

ALSO: The Knicks scouts have been doing a great job of finding talent.
    Who else is in the top 3?

Yes they have! The Nets have too but it's their star players and coach not living to their potential ahhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Woody deserves some credit, D'Antoni's offensive sets are still $$$ when adjusted for the roster, but we really can't understate the impact of having Jason Kidd on the team.

He's the definition of a player/coach.

Our play without Jason Kidd is actually visible.
    I actually posted something similar to this repeatedly in the NBA forum and maybe here in the off-season - Kidd and Camby would make a HUGE difference to the team. Everyone overlooked it. Hurts seeing my favorite player of all time on the Knicks but still rooting for him (except against us). That (almost) 4 point play last game was surreal.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    Mike woodson just improved mike dantoni's offense by slowing it down to cut turnovers, but the way to find the ball to open shooters and the pnr's are pretty much the same. Dantoni is a genius but woody is smart copycat

It's party time!

vCash
    Gotta agree with Anji on this one.

Anji is online now The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Pau Gasol returned to the Los Angeles Lakers' lineup after missing eight games due to knee tendinitis. Gasol had 10 points, nine rebounds, five assists and four blocks in the Lakers' win over the Bobcats.

"I don't find (playing with Howard) tough," Gasol said. "It's more the system right now that makes it tough at times, because (D'Antoni) wants four guys to be spread and one interior guy and it's a guard-oriented system, so that makes it tough.

"I think there's enough looks for both of us. But again, it's not a system that you post up a lot, so we'll see. We've just got to figure it out, but if you've got two great post-up players, you've got to utilize it."

"It's Pau who has to expand his game, and he'll expand out in the corner threes and he needs to take a couple, and we'll get him in the post when we can," D'Antoni said, emphasizing those last three words.

Via Sam Amick/USA Today
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    The Offense is not D'Antoni. Sure he may have kept some things, but the ball moves very well and the team has great three point shooters, it's not surprising that they'd shoot that well.
    Also, Melo runs way more iso plays than a Mike D ever would implement. Kidd and Felton also play alot more off the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post

and people defended this guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post

and people defended this guy?
    Lmao, yo is that for real?

Mike d is an asssssssssssss.

Give him wilt chamberlin, and he'll stick him out side the arch to spread the floor and shoot threes.....

vCash
    Did the coach really say Pau needs to step AWAY from the paint and camp out on the 3 point line? Pau Gasol?

I can't stand stubborn Mike D. He refuses to change his system even when the ship is sinking.
    The Knicks are back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    Who else is in the top 3?

Yes they have! The Nets have too but it's their star players and coach not living to their potential ahhhh.

I actually posted something similar to this repeatedly in the NBA forum and maybe here in the off-season - Kidd and Camby would make a HUGE difference to the team. Everyone overlooked it. Hurts seeing my favorite player of all time on the Knicks but still rooting for him (except against us). That (almost) 4 point play last game was surreal.
    In regard to the Nets (and I have had the opportunity to watch much this year) it just seems deron is not right. He's playing through injury and for how it sounds he won't be 100% until next year. It kinda sound like Melo last year. I know people also laugh at all us knicks fan who kept saying you need time to work out chemistry and figure out missing pieces but its true. Small slump for the Nets but I got a feeling there will be Knicks nets playoff series which would be cool.

vCash
    that laker team is built for the triangle...........Mike is a fool. I guess Nash has to save his butt...........

Mike prior to Nash...........failure
    Mike with Nash...........60 win team cant get to finals
    Mike after Nash..........major failure

Mike with amazing talent in Amare, Melo, Kobe, Howard, Gasol, still a failure, now thats pathetic.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    How long before Mike wants Howard to start shooting 3's?

vCash
    I think you're gonna really see this team's offense take off when you swap Brewer out of the lineup. I think we're gonna have a trade at some point. If for a moment.... just a moment and I'm not saying this is EVER going to happen... what I am saying is as an example....

Brewer brings everything we want on the court minus a consistent 3pt shot.... Imagine IF instead of Brewer you had on of the following:

1. Gerald Wallace
    2. a HEALTHY Wilson Chandler

Basically you get virtually the same defense and rebounding but with better offense. Shumpert doesn't provide the rebounding aspect... Amare changes the entire offensive scheme by sliding Melo back into the 3 spot.

I don't know what it would take but I feel like some trade will need to be made to balance out the roster. Its a shame that Chandler is hurt and has the contract that he does. I hope basketball minds reading this understand I'm not crapping on Brewer, the dude has been great. I just forsee the storm coming and just thinking ahead as to what the BEST piece would be on the court.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    I think you're gonna really see this team's offense take off when you swap Brewer out of the lineup. I think we're gonna have a trade at some point. If for a moment.... just a moment and I'm not saying this is EVER going to happen... what I am saying is as an example....

Brewer brings everything we want on the court minus a consistent 3pt shot.... Imagine IF instead of Brewer you had on of the following:

1. Gerald Wallace
    2. a HEALTHY Wilson Chandler

Basically you get virtually the same defense and rebounding but with better offense. Shumpert doesn't provide the rebounding aspect... Amare changes the entire offensive scheme by sliding Melo back into the 3 spot.

I don't know what it would take but I feel like some trade will need to be made to balance out the roster. Its a shame that Chandler is hurt and has the contract that he does. I hope basketball minds reading this understand I'm not crapping on Brewer, the dude has been great. I just forsee the storm coming and just thinking ahead as to what the BEST piece would be on the court.
    Brewer is being streched beyond his capabilities right now. Playing too many minutes and can't focus on his role. We don't need super scorers at every position. Shump will come back and Brewer will get a reduced role and by virtue he will become alot more efficient.

We need Brew vs Miami

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    I still don't get what the Lakers were thinking. Passing over Jax for this clown
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    Brewer is being streched beyond his capabilities right now. Playing too many minutes and can't focus on his role. We don't need super scorers at every position. Shump will come back and Brewer will get a reduced role and by virtue he will become alot more efficient.

We need Brew vs Miami
    This might seem like a RIDICULOUS idea and I'm gonna hide behind a chair when I say this because I think people might throw bricks at me....

I wouldn't mind trading Shumpert, Copeland, Brewer, Camby in some combination if it got us

Kawhi Leanord from San Antonio

or

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist from Bobcats

or

Paul George from Indiana

OR and I will continue to stand by this as much as people get annoyed with it:

You trade Amare for Josh Smith in ATL. That is the deal that HAS to happen at some point. Smith does EVERYTHING Brewer does and more & makes us better rebounding and defensively and still lets Melo play PF.

PG Felton
    SG Kidd
    SF Smith
    PF Melo
    C Chandler

boom roster is balanced and good to go.
    Last edited by rhymeratic; 12-20-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast