Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Exclamation Ray Felton: Lin deserves ovation

NEW YORK -- Will New York Knicks fans greet Jeremy Lin with a warm reception or will they shower him with boos?

It's one of the more interesting dynamics surrounding Lin's return to Madison Square Garden on Monday night.Raymond Felton -- who was brought in to replace Lin and is one of the driving forces behind the Knicks' 18-5 start -- knows where he stands on the issue.

He wants the Garden faithful to cheer Lin.

"They should. By all means, I hope they do," Felton said. "They should give him a standing ovation when he comes back here, without a doubt."

"I think they're going to give him a heck of an ovation. I'd be shocked if it was anything else," added Steve Novak, one of Lin's closest friends on the Knicks. "Unless everybody changed their mind and hates him, he's one of those guys that people are going to remember for his time here. It wasn't a very long time, but it was special. He played unbelievably well. I think there will be a movie about it one day."
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...emy-lin-warmly

Move if necessary...

Lol @ Novak, a movie about it? Drag...

vCash
    I could see it being a documentary type thing. That **** was cray.

vCash
    At least all my Asian friends don't have to pretend to be Knicks fans anymore.

I kid. I kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I could see it being a documentary type thing. That **** was cray.
    A documentary I could see, but not like an actual movie lol.

vCash
    Due to all the hoopla following people really forgot how freakin' unbelievable that Linsanity period was. We have never seen anything like it and probably will never see it again. A motion picture would probably be corny as hell but you better believe they will have some 30 for 30 type production.

I really have no idea how were going to treat him at the Garden, but I do think the New Yorkers who became 'Lin fans' and weren't really Knicks fans will be out in full effect rooting for Lin.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Applaud the guy but don't worship him for 20 or 25 games last season.

vCash
    I think its pretty cool of Felton to say that too.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think its pretty cool of Felton to say that too.
    Yea, he is definitely a class act.

vCash
    I'll be booing from my couch and cheering for Toney Douglas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    I'll be booing from my couch and cheering for Toney Douglas
    Haha! Indeed go Toney.

As for Lin, some warm applause at the get-go and from there he is the enemy. Boo if necessary.

vCash
    Boo a guy who went behind the Knicks back and tried to hold them hostage for more millions? His ego got really big for a guy who had a 20 game hot streak. That streak doesn't make you Magic Johnson. I think he needed a reality check, and this season is giving him one. I say boo the heck out of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Boo a guy who went behind the Knicks back and tried to hold them hostage for more millions? His ego got really big for a guy who had a 20 game hot streak. That streak doesn't make you Magic Johnson. I think he needed a reality check, and this season is giving him one. I say boo the heck out of him.
    You cant blame Lin for wanting to get paid. He probably knew that he would never get another chance to get money like that.

vCash
    I'm happy with the team we have now, but Lin deserves a very big round of applause and a standing ovation. What he did for us fans was so huge, he gave us something to cheer for, something to have hope for. He took a lot of the bad media coverage we was getting away from the team when we needed it. I have no beef with Lin, although I'm happy with Felton, I will never forget Linsanity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    You cant blame Lin for wanting to get paid. He probably knew that he would never get another chance to get money like that.
    Cheering a kid who grows that kind of ego after 20 games is something that would really puzzle me.

vCash
    someone needs to lay douglas out on a screen... how the hell could someone in the NBA play as terrible as he did last season and still be in the league... i hate dwtdd aka tony douglas....
    GO NY GO NY GO

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast