Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Remember when the Mets were interesting in acquiring Pestano.. that lasted 2 hours. We have to keep Parnell to have some experience in 2013's bullpen
    #oneatatime

vCash
    The Dodgers are the organization that you can get something above average for dealing Parnell because I am convinced they have lost their f-ing minds over the last few months. The Dodgers are like a woman with their husband's credit card, charge charge charge because those 25 Coach purses look dynamite with these 25 pairs of shoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What could we really get for Parnell anyway?

Joc Pederson is probably a pipe dream imo.

Parnell is not a dominant reliever by any stretch and the Dodgers have closing options already.

I would rather just keep him in hopes that one day he can develop into our closer.
    Why is he a pipedream? He is about 2 years away and the Dodger outfield is loaded for the long term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Why is he a pipedream? He is about 2 years away and the Dodger outfield is loaded for the long term.
    Because i very much doubt they give up their 2nd best OF spec for what basically will be a setup man.

If they didn't have League and Jensen i would say yeah its a possibility but not when they have two solid backend cogs to that pen.

vCash
    They've been known to do stupider things. Don't forget who our GM is lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    I like Ethier better than Justin Upton.
    This statement is very disturbing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    This statement is very disturbing
    Even if I am wrong and you are right, you are seriously over reacting.

"Very disturbing"???? Wow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What could we really get for Parnell anyway?

Joc Pederson is probably a pipe dream imo.

Parnell is not a dominant reliever by any stretch and the Dodgers have closing options already.

I would rather just keep him in hopes that one day he can develop into our closer.
    Why is Joc a pipedream? He's not very highly ranked but he has decent potential. There's a reason why he wasn't drafted until the 11th round only 2 yrs ago. He's far from being a guaranteed good MLB OFer.

An already established RP flame thrower coming off a good season is definitely a fair trade for a decent project OFer with no MLB experience, especially when the team getting the RP is in a win now mode.

In fact, there's a great chance we end up losing that trade but something i would consider doing cuz the reward could be nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    There was also "no way" we would get Wheeler for Beltran and D'Arnaud for Dickey. Let alone we got much more then D'Arnaud in the Dickey trade. If they feel they need a setup guy to get to the playoffs they may pull the trigger. Pederson is still 3 years away and he's not predicted to be a star. Castellanos is prob no more then a AAAA player.

In negotiations you always ask for much more then your willing to accept. IMO the Mets would ask for something like Pederson, Van Slyke and Castellanos. The Dodgers could turn around an accept it or knowing the Mets want more then just Pederson they could always counter with Pederson plus a lower level prospect. Once again you need to ask for as much as possible to gauge the Dodgers interest.
    You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometines...you get what you need.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 12-20-2012 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    There was also "no way" we would get Wheeler for Beltran and D'Arnaud for Dickey. Let alone we got much more then D'Arnaud in the Dickey trade. If they feel they need a setup guy to get to the playoffs they may pull the trigger. Pederson is still 3 years away and he's not predicted to be a star. Castellanos is prob no more then a AAAA player.

In negotiations you always ask for much more then your willing to accept. IMO the Mets would ask for something like Pederson, Van Slyke and Castellanos. The Dodgers could turn around an accept it or knowing the Mets want more then just Pederson they could always counter with Pederson plus a lower level prospect. Once again you need to ask for as much as possible to gauge the Dodgers interest.
    Well, for one, Wheeler wasn't even top 30 prospect at the time of the Beltran trade. Not nearly has highly ranked as TDA....

secondly, i really only saw TOR fans saying there was no way we'd get that much for Dickey. i had been saying for days before the trade happened that i expected to get TDA, Syndergaard, AND Gose..... I was pretty damn close on my guess...

Anyways, i saw very few, in any, Mets fans saying there was no way those deals you mentioned would happen. It was really only TOR and SF fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Why is Joc a pipedream? He's not very highly ranked but he has decent potential. There's a reason why he wasn't drafted until the 11th round only 2 yrs ago. He's far from being a guaranteed good MLB OFer.

An already established RP flame thrower coming off a good season is definitely a fair trade for a decent project OFer with no MLB experience, especially when the team getting the RP is in a win now mode.

In fact, there's a great chance we end up losing that trade but something i would consider doing cuz the reward could be nice.
    For the reasons i already mentioned...

Why would they give up their 2nd best OF spec for what would be at best be a setup man?

They have Jansen and League now, i really don't see Parnell having that much value to them or any team for that matter.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-20-2012 at 08:33 PM.

vCash
    parnell is our closer for the time being because fransico is going to suck donkey d@#k again. if we trade parnell we need to get ethier and lock him down for three or for year witch wount happen so keep parnell till trade deadline and see what u can get

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Even if I am wrong and you are right, you are seriously over reacting.

"Very disturbing"???? Wow!
    Upton is very overrated.

Ethier however takes the cake as far as overrating goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsCountyNY View Post
    parnell is our closer for the time being because fransico is going to suck donkey d@#k again. if we trade parnell we need to get ethier and lock him down for three or for year witch wount happen so keep parnell till trade deadline and see what u can get
    i wouldn't mind Ethier, but he's already locked down and for big money... he's owed $85mil over the next 5 seasons with a 6th yr vesting option for $17.5mil.

Unless LAD pays a big portion of that, i seriously doubt we'll even consider taking a player making $17mil per season for the next 5 yrs, maybe 6 yrs.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567