Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    The thing with Parnell is this, he spent most of his life being a thrower. And with a heater like his why not. Last year was the 1st time I saw him actually pitch. So while he is 28 and in the Majors for 5 seasons, he just learning how to pitch.
    He dialed back his fastball a bit and scrapped the slider in favor of the knucklecurve. That is why he seems like more of a pitcher now because the difference in speeds are better.

I like Parnell, but if I could get a Pederson, I would deal him without looking back.

vCash
    If the Dodgers offered Pederson I would do it. Parnell is good but we need to bring some high potential position players.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He dialed back his fastball a bit and scrapped the slider in favor of the knucklecurve. That is why he seems like more of a pitcher now because the difference in speeds are better.

I like Parnell, but if I could get a Pederson, I would deal him without looking back.
    Realistically do you think that's happening?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Relievers seem to get a ton of interest at deadline. I think we hold him until then and check the offers, unless we get blown away now.

vCash
    Realistically do you think that's happening?
    I don't know, all I know is that Sandy is a far better GM than Ned Coletti.

vCash
    We should leave Parnell right where he is. Our bullpen was terrible last year but Parnell has decent stats and something to work with. Do not buy into Alderson grand scheme of dumping everyone and labeling it as upgrades. They are only trading players to reduce the budget. Nothing done this offseason is helping us this year and that included Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    We should leave Parnell right where he is. Our bullpen was terrible last year but Parnell has decent stats and something to work with. Do not buy into Alderson grand scheme of dumping everyone and labeling it as upgrades. They are only trading players to reduce the budget. Nothing done this offseason is helping us this year and that included Wright.
    I agree to an extent but if the dodgers offered Pederson and Castallanos you can't really justify turning it down.
    Last edited by Rio40; 12-20-2012 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    Pederson AND Castellanos? No way they would do that.

vCash
    Pederson AND Castellanos? No way they would do that.
    There was also "no way" we would get Wheeler for Beltran and D'Arnaud for Dickey. Let alone we got much more then D'Arnaud in the Dickey trade. If they feel they need a setup guy to get to the playoffs they may pull the trigger. Pederson is still 3 years away and he's not predicted to be a star. Castellanos is prob no more then a AAAA player.

In negotiations you always ask for much more then your willing to accept. IMO the Mets would ask for something like Pederson, Van Slyke and Castellanos. The Dodgers could turn around an accept it or knowing the Mets want more then just Pederson they could always counter with Pederson plus a lower level prospect. Once again you need to ask for as much as possible to gauge the Dodgers interest.

vCash
    Dickey is an ace lol. Parnell is a pen arm. No one is overpaying for Parnell when the team can just simply buy a pen arm in FA.

vCash
    Dickey is an ace lol. Parnell is a pen arm. No one is overpaying for Parnell when the team can just simply buy a pen arm in FA.
    That's the beauty of the trade deadline, you can't just sign one.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Parnell, Duda and prospects for Ethier let's go
    Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    That's the beauty of the trade deadline, you can't just sign one.
    Very true. But the Mets have shown a reluctance to trade their players at the deadline other than Beltran.

vCash
    What could we really get for Parnell anyway?

Joc Pederson is probably a pipe dream imo.

Parnell is not a dominant reliever by any stretch and the Dodgers have closing options already.

I would rather just keep him in hopes that one day he can develop into our closer.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-20-2012 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    If the Mets don't trade him to someone who actually has interest then they will be guilty of doing what they normally do, hanging on to a guy too long who just can't cut the mustard with this particular organization. Pelfrey could win 20 games with Minnesota this year but if the Mets had kept him around he'd be the same ol' Pelf. Players just need new starts to their careers and Pelf and Parnell are two prime examples of that.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast