Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    It judges how well pitchers pitch in higher leverage situations.
    How is WPA calculated, I'm terrible with all the saber stats.

vCash
    It judges how well pitchers pitch in higher leverage situations.
    No it doesn't. That would be the "high leverage" stat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    We need to keep Parnell. He's our best reliever and he's young. Keep him
    Hes about as average as they get. His only value is in his velocity and yet no one seems to have trouble making contact when he cranks it up. If you can get a Pederson or a guy like Alfredo Silverio then you make the trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    No it doesn't. That would be the "high leverage" stat.
    Uh, yes it does. If you give up a game-winning hit, your WPA goes way down and that is a high leverage situation.

vCash
    Parnell for Kershaw.

Get it done Sandy.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Unless we get back a great deal, just pass. He's one of the only good bullpeners we have, I don't want to trade him for an okay prospect.
    Yes.

Keep him. We are lacking in quality relief pitchers. Parnell should be even better this year.

Even though we are in full re-build mode, you don't trade him unless blown away.

GM Sandy Alderson Has Some Critical Decisions To Make In The Off-Season

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Uh, yes it does. If you give up a game-winning hit, your WPA goes way down and that is a high leverage situation.
    You can gain or lose WPA in low leverage situations.

vCash
    I like Joc Pederson, but he is perhaps 3 years away from MLB ready. I wouldn't trade a pitcher like Parnell, who hits triple digits, coming off a very good season and just entering his prime, for Pederson alone. If I were Sandy, I'd ask for Dee Gordon along with Pederson, or no deal. It worked with d'Arnaud and Syndergaard.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Dodgers would have to eat some of Ethier's contract to move him, and seeing as how the Mets have no OF, I would assume the tires at least get kicked on that. Having his bat in the order wouldn't hurt either. Probably would cost somewhere around 10 million a year.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    81-77

G: 142 | AVG: .253| HR: 4| RBI: 46| OBP: .301 | SLG: .309 | wOBA: .276 | wRC: 71

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Parnell for Ethier .

But seriously I see no fit
    Damn, you beat me to it. Just tell Magic Johnson that Parnell is the next Mariano Rivera.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Parnell for Kershaw.

Get it done Sandy.
    Might as well throw in Kemp while he's at it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    You can gain or lose WPA in low leverage situations.
    Yes, but the gain and loss is substantially less
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 12-20-2012 at 07:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I like Joc Pederson, but he is perhaps 3 years away from MLB ready. I wouldn't trade a pitcher like Parnell, who hits triple digits, coming off a very good season and just entering his prime, for Pederson alone. If I were Sandy, I'd ask for Dee Gordon along with Pederson, or no deal. It worked with d'Arnaud and Syndergaard.
    That is pushing it. Parnell is not Dickey.

Pederson would give us that high upside outfielder that should be ready mid-2014 or 2015. He'd be in AA next year so he's not too far away.

vCash
    The thing with Parnell is this, he spent most of his life being a thrower. And with a heater like his why not. Last year was the 1st time I saw him actually pitch. So while he is 28 and in the Majors for 5 seasons, he just learning how to pitch.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash

Davidoff is a total idiot

Fresh off his inane comments about R.A Dickey he backs that up with this bit of crap. check this out.

PostPaul Abell/US Presswire
    baseball columnist Ken Davidoff tweeted his Hall of Fame ballot Wednesday. Getting the nod: Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Kenny Lofton, Edgar Martinez, Tim Raines, Curt Schilling, Alan Trammell and Larry Walker.

Left off: Mike Piazza, in his first year of eligibility.

Mike Piazza, now retired for five seasons, appears on the Hall of Fame ballot for the first time.

The explanation did not include Davidoff alleging any improper performacing-enhancing-drug use by Piazza.

Davidoff writes on his blog:

If you watched Piazza play, you were captivated by him. Did anyone else hit those heat-seeking missiles like he did? You felt like all of his homers flew about a foot over the shortstop’s glove and then soared over the wall, breaking a car window in the process.

He hit 427 home runs, with 396 of those as a catcher. More than any other catcher in baseball history.

But again: The goal here isn’t to get caught up in images, or to hone in on any one number. It’s to look at the whole picture.

If Piazza is on next year’s ballot -- I assume he’ll get the five percent of the votes necessary to carry him over -- then I absolutely would consider voting for him. He’s a very worthy candidate. On this clogged ballot, though, I don’t believe he’s one of the 10 best. LMFAO, What a moron.
    Last edited by METMANYAK; 12-20-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast