Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Does anyone else buy Parnell as a long term option for closer of this team?
    No.

The obvious CoF is Josh Edgin. Laugh while the laughing's still good. Pretty soon no one will be laughing and I'll be able to open up another church.

Maybe. Robert Allen will be a tough act to follow.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    If we could make a package for Ethier then hell yeah lets do it. But theres a 0.1 chance that actually happends.
    My team, my city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Ewing33 View Post
    If we could make a package for Ethier then hell yeah lets do it. But theres a 0.1 chance that actually happends.
    Dodgers may be looking to dump some $$$$. They also need to compete with the Angels for headlines. Parnell would be a big help to them and Ethier may be excess baggage.

Stranger things have happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Does anyone else buy Parnell as a long term option for closer of this team?
    Just because he's not the COTF doesn't mean he can't be extremely valuable to our bullpen. I personally think he's going to have a great year and is worth holding onto unless we are blown away by a trade offer. And Chris Capuano or Aaron Harang won't cut it...

vCash
    The philosophy should be, if a team offers something good for Parnell, you trade him. If not, you keep him. He's not a guy who is necessary for this team to succeed, but he's also not a guy who you should just dump.

The Mets should wait until the deadline when teams are desperate for late inning power arms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Based on his WPA, he's been a very unclutch reliever. Manny Acosta has been better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Based on his WPA, he's been a very unclutch reliever. Manny Acosta has been better.
    He's still young as can be a very effective setup man.

vCash
    His career -5.55 WPA is bad, but in 2012 it was only -0.41. Yes, still bad, but Parnell did improve last season. Maybe it's not a coincidence since he developed that knuckle curve and started getting a feel for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    His career -5.55 WPA is bad, but in 2012 it was only -0.41. Yes, still bad, but Parnell did improve last season. Maybe it's not a coincidence since he developed that knuckle curve and started getting a feel for it.
    Are you making a case for him or against him????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    He's still young as can be a very effective setup man.
    He's 28. That's not that young.

vCash
    That's still negative though. That was barely better than Acosta and we all know how bad Acosta was this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Are you making a case for him or against him????
    Sorry, WPA is Win Probability Added. It basically shows how a player performed such that he either affected the chances of his team winning or losing. So a negative WPA means that when a guy was given chances in a game, he did things which hurt his team.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...t-to-know-wpa/

I'm saying that Parnell has ben inconsistent in his career, so his career WPA isn't indicative of his recent performance, which by the eye, we can see has been better.

I'd still trade him if we can get a decent prospect back though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    That's still negative though. That was barely better than Acosta and we all know how bad Acosta was this year.
    Yeah, I agree. If Parnell wants a bigger contract then I would look to move him. But I still think we could do worse in the pen than Parnell going foward. WPA isn't a prediction stat, as I'm sure you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    He's 28. That's not that young.
    Young enough to salvage his career and an excellent piece to someone's bullpen. I'm not a huge Parnell fan and I wish he was more consistent, but I would never endorse trading the guy for a back end starter.

vCash
    Sorry, WPA is Win Probability Added. It basically shows how a player performed such that he either affected the chances of his team winning or losing. So a negative WPA means that when a guy was given chances in a game, he did things which hurt his team.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...t-to-know-wpa/

I'm saying that Parnell has ben inconsistent in his career, so his career WPA isn't indicative of his recent performance, which by the eye, we can see has been better.

I'd still trade him if we can get a decent prospect back though.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I thought WPA was the Works Progress Administration…I worked for them once.

I wouldn't trade him for a prospect. I would trade him for a decent starting OFer.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast