Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bookmaker makes Blue Jays the World Series favorite

Obviously this will change by opening day. Thought it would be fun to post this link though:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...eries-favorite

vCash
    At 15-2, interesting that next rated in our Division is the Yanks at 8th 14-1 and Tampa at 12th 22-1. Not much love for our division YET. Still think the Yanks and Tampa make some moves before TC. which will move them up, but can't see what they could do to pass us.

vCash
    3-2 favourites to win the division and o/u win total at 92.5? both seem high, im really liking that
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    Look where the O's are at...LOL.

vCash
    Yankees are (essentially) 2-1 to win the division but Rays are only 5-1? I don't bet but that seems wrong to me.

vCash
    The Jays are the Marlins of last year (off season hype), except with a much better core and not having Ozzie as our manager, and no Heath Bell.

vCash
    The odds makers have not reached any consensus about the favorites for 2013.

http://www.oddschecker.com/baseball/...-series/winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    The Jays are the Marlins of last year (off season hype), except with a much better core and not having Ozzie as our manager, and no Heath Bell.
    I keep seeing people compare the Jays to the Marlins and don't get it. The Jays core absolutely blows theirs away.

vCash
    I don't know if this deserved its own thread but the ZIPS guy did an update on the projections. The Jays were at 78 before the offseason moves and are at 93 now.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I keep seeing people compare the Jays to the Marlins and don't get it. The Jays core absolutely blows theirs away.
    'The Jays are the Marlins of last year (off season hype), except with a much better core and not having Ozzie as our manager, and no Heath Bell.'

Read again, I said in offseason hype, which is true, but look what I bolded.

vCash
    As much as I hate them.... the Yankees still look like some pretty tough competition.
    Look at their pitching next season:

Sabathia
    Kuroda
    Pettite
    Pineda
    Hughes

with Rivera and Robertson to pitch the 8th and 9th.

They did lose Arod (for a good chunk of next year), Martin, Ibanez,Swisher and Chavez...but they picked up Youkilis, resigned Ichiro, and Gardner should be healthy again so their lineup is still going to score a lot of runs:

Ichiro - RF
    Jeter - SS
    Cano - 2B
    Granderson- CF
    Texeira - 1B
    Gardner- LF
    Nunez- 3B/DH
    Youkilis- DH/3B
    Cervelli/Stewart-whichever wins the job..

I think our division is still going to be tough to win, let alone the world series..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Yankees are (essentially) 2-1 to win the division but Rays are only 5-1? I don't bet but that seems wrong to me.
    No they are not. THe yankees are 14-1 Rays 22-1 and the jays 7.5-1 (essentially).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    No they are not. THe yankees are 14-1 Rays 22-1 and the jays 7.5-1 (essentially).
    those are the world series odds, he said division odds
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    As much as I hate them.... the Yankees still look like some pretty tough competition.
    Look at their pitching next season:

Sabathia
    Kuroda
    Pettite
    Pineda
    Hughes

with Rivera and Robertson to pitch the 8th and 9th.

They did lose Arod (for a good chunk of next year), Martin, Ibanez,Swisher and Chavez...but they picked up Youkilis, resigned Ichiro, and Gardner should be healthy again so their lineup is still going to score a lot of runs:

Ichiro - RF
    Jeter - SS
    Cano - 2B
    Granderson- CF
    Texeira - 1B
    Gardner- LF
    Nunez- 3B/DH
    Youkilis- DH/3B
    Cervelli/Stewart-whichever wins the job..

I think our division is still going to be tough to win, let alone the world series..
    Pineda, jeter, Rivera are all coming off huge injuries, two of which are old as hell. Petite and Kuroda are like 40. Half the Yankees are a just a few years from senior citizenship. Doesn't bode well...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    those are the world series odds, he said division odds
    Right, I think what they are saying is that apart from the Jays no other team is a huge favourites to win the WS in the AL East.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast