Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Id say its pretty safe to say that if we havent reached a deal by January 5th or so then the season is donezo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    I was trying to think of this objectively and in doing so I came up with a lot of interesting storylines. Then I became sad that we may not see any of them.

vCash
    Not sure who would benefit the most, although I'm leaning toward a team like the Kings. I think that the typical hangover that sometimes creeps in after winning won't apply here because its been so long since the season ended that these guys are thoroughly excited to get back. This coupled with the fact that they will be relatively the same team should give them leg up.

I can tell you what team would be in the best position if the season was lost: Toronto, they have a lot of players on expiring contracts which would make them obvious players for an incredible number of FA. And the fact that they've been poor the last several seasons should give them another high draft pick (assuming the NHL implements the same system as they did after the last Lock out).

vCash
    I have a feeling Carolina will benefit greatly. Semin for MVP?

vCash
    Islanders might win the cup if the lockout if the lockout ends

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvacad View Post
    Please give team and reason why they will win the cup?

For me it is simple, The Kings have the advantage and should repeat because they have the exact same team that won last year.
    That logic doesn't really work and the Bruins are a perfect example

2011 - Won the Cup Tim Thomas was a hockey god
    2012 - Lost 2 players, Seguin had a breakout year, Thomas sucked and we got bounced in the 1st round

Like someone else had mentioned while the Kings stayed stagnant other teams improved (Hello Minnesota & New York) While others will have some stars returning (Meet Pittsburgh & Washington).

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    31GP / 13G / 18A / 1.00PPG / +24

vCash
    Guys Isles have DP and Nabby - both are proven goalies (DP when healthy) they have a chance just like every other team if they stay healthy. Look at the Blues too, 2 stud goalies in Halak and Elliot. Same could be said Thomas and Rask. If there is a season, which I hope there is, teams that have good goalies are gonna really compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    That logic doesn't really work and the Bruins are a perfect example

2011 - Won the Cup Tim Thomas was a hockey god
    2012 - Lost 2 players, Seguin had a breakout year, Thomas sucked and we got bounced in the 1st round

Like someone else had mentioned while the Kings stayed stagnant other teams improved (Hello Minnesota & New York) While others will have some stars returning (Meet Pittsburgh & Washington).
    I agree they didn't do anything in the off season other than resigning all their FA. But you have to admit that the trading for Richards was a huge upgrade and getting Nash (Still under contract) was huge and now playing together for a whole year. Also, the Kings had a huge problem scoring for most of the year and they have way to many 20+ goal scorers to repeat that this year (if there is one). I do expect them to make a trade soon, trading goalie Jonathan Bernier.

vCash
    I agree they didn't do anything in the off season other than resigning all their FA. But you have to admit that the trading for Richards was a huge upgrade and getting Nash (Still under contract) was huge and now playing together for a whole year.
    What? Are we talking about the Kings or the Rangers?

the Kings had a huge problem scoring for most of the year and they have way to many 20+ goal scorers to repeat that this year (if there is one). I do expect them to make a trade soon, trading goalie Jonathan Bernier.
    They had (3) 20+ goal scorers last season

Kopitar - 6x 20+ goals (actually 20+ goals in every season)
    Brown - 5x 20+ goals (5 straight seasons of 20+ goals)
    Williams - 4x 20+ goals (when healthy should put up 20+ goals)

Other guys who should score 20+ goals

Richards - 4x 20+ goals (2x 30 goal scorer)
    Carter - 5x 20+ goals (2x 30 goal scorer)
    Stoll - 2x 20+ goals (typically on that 20 goal threshold)

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    What? Are we talking about the Kings or the Rangers?

They had (3) 20+ goal scorers last season

Kopitar - 6x 20+ goals (actually 20+ goals in every season)
    Brown - 5x 20+ goals (5 straight seasons of 20+ goals)
    Williams - 4x 20+ goals (when healthy should put up 20+ goals)

Other guys who should score 20+ goals

Richards - 4x 20+ goals (2x 30 goal scorer)
    Carter - 5x 20+ goals (2x 30 goal scorer)
    Stoll - 2x 20+ goals (typically on that 20 goal threshold)
    Sorry, meant Carter not Nash.

Penner 4x 20+
    Gagne 7x 20+

vCash
    Sorry, meant Carter not Nash.

Penner 4x 20+
    Gagne 7x 20+
    Gagne (IMO) is in the tail end of his career. He's had trouble staying healthy the last 3 seasons and hasn't put up 20+ goals in 4 years. At this point if he puts together a 15/25 season then he was productive

Penner has the ability to do 20+ goals but he's not the player he was a few seasons ago. Like Gagne at 15/25 season for him would be a success.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    I just hope there is something to watch soon

Rangers of course, they are a close team that works together and they added the talent in Nash that they were lacking last year.

vCash
    As stated before, teams with bad goal tending will have an advantage in the regular season. Also whoever starts the season hot will have a nice advantage in the standings, but I don't think that that'll matter a lot once we get into the playoffs.

vCash
    If there is a season, I'm not gonna bother going to a single hockey game. A lot of people were furious with the 2005 season lost. This is already the 3rd lockout on Bettman's watch. I can't believe anyone would want to put their money back into the hands of these greedy players who think the NHL is on the same market level as MLB, NBA, & NFL. This lockout was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

vCash
    the bruins

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast