Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If there is a season, which team will have advantage?

Please give team and reason why they will win the cup?

For me it is simple, The Kings have the advantage and should repeat because they have the exact same team that won last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvacad View Post
    Please give team and reason why they will win the cup?

For me it is simple, The Kings have the advantage and should repeat because they have the exact same team that won last year.
    Having the same team means little. Other teams improve and who is to say the kings get hot again like they did last year.

vCash
    Same team, they already know system, nobody new. All I'm saying is I like their chances. I guess your saying Pittsburg.
    Last edited by rjvacad; 12-19-2012 at 07:51 PM.

vCash
    Whoever has a hot hand in net is obviously a huge part of it.

Age could play a factor if they condense the season, but also vice versa if they cut short the number of games. In other words, we'd need a schedule first.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvacad View Post
    Same team, they already know system, nobody new. All I'm saying is I like their chances. I guess your saying Pittsburg.
    No I'm saying whoever gets hot and gets good matchups. Pens would have went further had they not meet Philly so early just like LA wouldn't have won if they weren't on fire in the playoffs.
    It depends how many games and final seeding

vCash
    New York Rangers.
    With a healthy roster they have the best team in the league.

vCash
    I don't know if it is an advantage but I think Sidney Crosby's extra time off would probably be good for his brain. Having him to start the season healthy is big for Pits. If Gaborik's shoulder is healthy and DelZotto's back issues as well as Nash's groin injury aren't major I like the Rangers chances but really there wasn't many guys playing hockey overseas on the Rangers, so I don't know if NY will benefit from a shortened camp or not. Torts usually likes to have the team in top shape to start.
    The Oilers are my pick for a team that will come out strong to start as their young stars are playing in the AHL, and with Whitney getting some extra time to heal up and Schultz tearing up the minors they could be dangerous starting out.

vCash
    Whoever has the most players playing competitive hockey right now. The Caps have Backstrom and Ovechkin in the KHL. Neuvirth has been playing in a Czech league. Laich has been playing in Switzerland. Chimera played a few games in I believe the Czech Republic. Wolski was playing in Poland. Joey Crabb is in the ECHL in Alaska. Johansson is in Sweden playing. Perreault is playing in Finland. Orlov and Holtby are playing in the AHL. And finally Carlson and Beagle have been working out at Kettler every day.
    Last edited by Carlznerson; 12-23-2012 at 12:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I don't know if it is an advantage but I think Sidney Crosby's extra time off would probably be good for his brain. Having him to start the season healthy is big for Pits. If Gaborik's shoulder is healthy and DelZotto's back issues as well as Nash's groin injury aren't major I like the Rangers chances but really there wasn't many guys playing hockey overseas on the Rangers, so I don't know if NY will benefit from a shortened camp or not. Torts usually likes to have the team in top shape to start.
    The Oilers are my pick for a team that will come out strong to start as their young stars are playing in the AHL, and with Whitney getting some extra time to heal up and Schultz tearing up the minors they could be dangerous starting out.
    Could be an advantage for the Ranger's D and Callahan. They won't be going into the playaffs with a trillion blocked shots.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    There are still some pretty good players who are without contracts, including DelZotto if I'm not mistaken. It is going to take some time for a lot of teams to get their rosters set. Time they can't afford in a shortened season. IMO teams with their rosters pretty well set already will have an edge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    The team that trades for Roberto Luongo! In all seriousness it would give a lot of teams advantages. Aged teams could have more time to rest (depending on European ice times).

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    The Minnesota Wild.

The contracts they gave out in the off-season were awesome! You can tell during the lockout negotiations that the Wild's owner is serious about winning.....

Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond
    2014 March to the Cy Young: 0-0 0.00 ERA

vCash
    Teams with bad goaltending will benefit.

Goalies are more likely to get hot over a short period than over a long season, this means there weaknesses are less likely to be exposed.

This can apply to other positions too (The bad teams really benefit overall from a shorter season as it drives the league into more randomness and luck) but goal-tending fluctuates like crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Teams with bad goaltending will benefit.

Goalies are more likely to get hot over a short period than over a long season, this means there weaknesses are less likely to be exposed.

This can apply to other positions too (The bad teams really benefit overall from a shorter season as it drives the league into more randomness and luck) but goal-tending fluctuates like crazy.
    This.

Can't really point out a single team who will have an advantage. We have no idea how they will respond or play.

Teams with streaky players that have kept themselves very fresh during this down time might have that really slight edge though. Streaky players could seriously benefit from a short season. Not as much wear and tear, relatively fresh/ready-to-go for the playoffs.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Isles might win the Cup caus eof this lockout.

**** this, end the lockout you ****ing greedy clowns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast