Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bling24 View Post
    Trade Montero back to the Yanks for Granderson. Obviously we would have to throw some things in, but make it work.
    never

vCash
    Trading Montero because we got Morales is nuts. He has much bigger upside, and is much younger. Morales isn't someone that allows you to trade away someone like him. He is a solid piece to have, but he isn't THAT good.

We need to keep adding, not take away from it to try to add again.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Trade Montero back to the Yanks for Granderson. Obviously we would have to throw some things in, but make it work.
    No way would we have to add anything. If anything they would have to add a ton.
    One year of a 30+ year old outfielder for Montero?

vCash
    Montero will be fine catching when a lefty if on the hill for the other team

vCash
    lol what? think about some things first, that is just ridiculous

vCash
    are you ****ing kidding me this is a horrible trade who trades starting pitching to division rivals this team is a ****ing joke!

vCash
    we trade a pitcher that got a huge boost from our defense and huge park and get a hitter with some OPB skills and power. i dont see the problem. but thats because its a good trade and people know it

vCash
    There is also "another deal on the table" according to Z. Who or how they get here is a mystery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside51283 View Post
    are you ****ing kidding me this is a horrible trade who trades starting pitching to division rivals this team is a ****ing joke!
    Teams that have pitching depth and zero offense.

A back end starter for a 20-25 home run bat. Doesn't draw a ton of walks, but is a solid all around hitter. .280/.330/.490 for his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    There is also "another deal on the table" according to Z. Who or how they get here is a mystery.
    Hopfully there flipping one of are many none athletic, overweight, C/1B/DH's that we have have now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Teams that have pitching depth and zero offense.

A back end starter for a 20-25 home run bat.
    morales is smoak but older he's not althletic and runs slower then montero we already have a team full of people like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Trading Montero because we got Morales is nuts. He has much bigger upside, and is much younger. Morales isn't someone that allows you to trade away someone like him. He is a solid piece to have, but he isn't THAT good.

We need to keep adding, not take away from it to try to add again.
    That is true, but what about a guy like Zunino?

I just feel like we have to consider what Montero's long term plan is if he stays here. As of now, he's looking more and more like a DH-only type player. Does anyone feel like he will be able to switch to 1B and be anything better than decent?

Montero's bat (potential) is really all the value he has. Forget the fact that he has to figure out how to make that work in Safeco, but what do we do if he starts to look like Smoak 2.0? As a DH, he provides even less than Smoak does now, as Smoak is at least a body at 1B. Montero would just turn into a hole in the lineup or a useless bench player.

Basically, with Montero's lack of speed and defensive ability, I worry that if he can't turn into an offensive star... M's loose out on what his value could get us now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baseball_is_lif View Post
    That is true, but what about a guy like Zunino?

I just feel like we have to consider what Montero's long term plan is if he stays here. As of now, he's looking more and more like a DH-only type player. Does anyone feel like he will be able to switch to 1B and be anything better than decent?

Montero's bat (potential) is really all the value he has. Forget the fact that he has to figure out how to make that work in Safeco, but what do we do if he starts to look like Smoak 2.0? As a DH, he provides even less than Smoak does now, as Smoak is at least a body at 1B. Montero would just turn into a hole in the lineup or a useless bench player.

Basically, with Montero's lack of speed and defensive ability, I worry that if he can't turn into an offensive star... M's loose out on what his value could get us now.
    I have a feeling they are going to move Montero to first base i don't know how he will do Defensively Morales will probably be the DH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    Source?

Wouldn't surprise me if Z didn't make this trade until he knew who he would have replacing Vargas in the rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside51283 View Post
    Vargas had the 7th worst FIP and 5th worst xFIP. Jokes on the Angles. And even with 4 years in the hardest park to hit in, he maxed out at 2.4 wins.

Sure, he will get better run support but that will only help him get "wins" and other than a boost to his mentality/confidence, that won't affect his ability to prevent runs.

At best he might be 2 wins for them, with potential to be much worse.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast