Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    GMZ on radio says playing time isn't a factor and thinks it'll work itself out.

I like it. His phone is ringing off the hook in the background too.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Great trade if it's saving us 2.5 mill while helping the offense. Vargas won't replicate his success in LA.

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    710 espn?

vCash
    Its going to be hard to sign Morales for a longer contract if the mariners dont start playing better.. what other moves can they do?
    Last edited by SeattleSports11; 12-19-2012 at 08:26 PM.

vCash
    I've been a Morales fan since the first day I heard of him. I hope he does fantastic for you guys, I really do. In-division trades are rare these days, good luck.

vCash
    i love this deal. i was actually going to mention him when i got back from work.

i wish we could have added more and got Turmbo also but i like this a lot as is

vCash
    I would like to see us now sign Bourn and a pitcher like jurgens(Sp?). I know it may not be the best results for the offseason, but we have not killed the bank, we have added a few new solid pieces that we need, and we will be able to lure in a free agent next season with the money we still have. I would think that we could still go around 17-20 million on a top of the line free agent next year if one fits us perfectly, and those guys will be able to see where we are headed a little bit better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Italian_Guy View Post
    You mean he will be FA at the end of the season? Ora he is in his first year of arbitration? And do we save money with this trade?
    We save over 2 mil
    Vargas is 7.4 mil and Morales is 4.8

vCash
    So anyone else concerned that the Angels was willing to Move Morales for in my eyes inferior talent in Vargas to a division rival? Does that send up yellow flags for anyone? On paper this trade looks almost too good for us.

vCash
    Smoak still has an option at AAA, so he can always spend time there if he is slow out of ST.

Good move overall... Morales is FA at the end of season.. if M's flop early, we can always trade him at deadline and give Smoak one last shot.

Trading with Angels sucks tho... **** those *******s

vCash
    Angels make this deal because they needed an 'innings eater'

Plus, they play in a park where it tough to hit HRs... and their outfield is gonna help Vargas out a ton. Good trade for both teams id say.

vCash
    I just hope MOrales gives us a chance to sign him.

vCash
    Yeah they didn't have a spot for Morales anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I think you got it right.

Smoak 1B, Montero catch, Morales DH vs LHP.
    Jaso Catch, Montero DH, Morales 1B Vs. RHP.
    Am I the only one that views Montero as a DH only? Or at least as a bad catcher?

I feel like carrying Smoak, Jaso, Montero and Morales for 3 spots is crazy. Not to mention, most of the time we would have no catcher on the bench and would loose the DH if we had to make a switch.

I really hope this means we move 1 of Montero and Smoak. Montero obviously has trade value, while Smoak has next to none. I'd like to get an outfielder.

vCash
    Trade Montero back to the Yanks for Granderson. Obviously we would have to throw some things in, but make it work.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast