Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    “I’m a player who adapted to the system I played in,’’ Stoudemire said. “I’ve been under D’Antoni for seven, eight years. Post-up wasn’t a factor for us. We were such a high-octane, up-tempo team where speed and quickness was to our advantage. I’m now allowed to develop a post game where my speed and quickness will still be used to my advantage but add a lot of [post] skill.’’

Certainly, classic post play was a limited part of the D’Antoni offense. But as Tom Ziller pointed out on twitter, Stoudemire did have a very good turn and face-up post game before.

Defining post play as only with your back to the basket is kind of like Shaq saying the other day that Dwight Howard is somehow not a real center because he gets a lot of opportunities out of the pick-and-roll — it’s a narrow-minded, dated way of looking at things. What a player should do is what is effective — if you are a dangerous big man on the pick-and-roll and you are playing with Steve Nash, you should run P&R until your legs fall off. Stoudemire’s advantage has long been quickness and athleticism, so to use face-up post moves that allowed him to better use those traits makes sense. As he ages, he’s looking at other options.

And we wonder why Pau is having a hard time? This coach need to adjust his system for the cards he has.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-22-2012 at 08:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    “I’m a player who adapted to the system I played in,’’ Stoudemire said. “I’ve been under D’Antoni for seven, eight years. Post-up wasn’t a factor for us. We were such a high-octane, up-tempo team where speed and quickness was to our advantage. I’m now allowed to develop a post game where my speed and quickness will still be used to my advantage but add a lot of [post] skill.’’

Certainly, classic post play was a limited part of the D’Antoni offense. But as Tom Ziller pointed out on twitter, Stoudemire did have a very good turn and face-up post game before.

Defining post play as only with your back to the basket is kind of like Shaq saying the other day that Dwight Howard is somehow not a real center because he gets a lot of opportunities out of the pick-and-roll — it’s a narrow-minded, dated way of looking at things. What a player should do is what is effective — if you are a dangerous big man on the pick-and-roll and you are playing with Steve Nash, you should run P&R until your legs fall off. Stoudemire’s advantage has long been quickness and athleticism, so to use face-up post moves that allowed him to better use those traits makes sense. As he ages, he’s looking at other options.

And we wonder why Pau is having a hard time? This coach need to adjust his system for the cards he has.
    Who are you trying to convince? Everyone's worried about D'Antoni. The people you see posting positively are those who are hoping his impact is minimized and the system he does run works well enough for the Lakers to win. Nobody is saying he isn't stubborn or is a good coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Who are you trying to convince? Everyone's worried about D'Antoni. The people you see posting positively are those who are hoping his impact is minimized and the system he does run works well enough for the Lakers to win. Nobody is saying he isn't stubborn or is a good coach.
    He's been given the wrong team to fit his best system, doesn't mean he's not a good coach. Would Phil Jackson thrive with a run and gun team like D'Antoni's Suns? I doubt it.

And to be honest, I really don't want Howard to be engaging in too much post play. He's just not that good offensively, and he doesn't pass well enough. D'Antoni's system will fit Howard much more than Phil's triangle, once a capable point guard is running it.
    Last edited by whitemamba33; 12-22-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitemamba33 View Post
    He's been given the wrong team to fit his best system, doesn't mean he's not a good coach. Would Phil Jackson thrive with a run and gun team like D'Antoni's Suns? I doubt it.

And to be honest, I really don't want Howard to be engaging in too much post play. He's just not that good offensively, and he doesn't pass well enough. D'Antoni's system will fit Howard much more than Phil's triangle, once a capable point guard is running it.
    Let's just hope Kobe relinquishes the playmaker role when Nash returns.

vCash
    ^ yup that's a huge key too how the rest of the season will be dictated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitemamba33 View Post

Just to clarify...I think D'Antonni and the team will do well over time. He is "ok" as a coach and not terrible like he's being made out to be. His adjustments so far I have liked.

His issues to me are that he can be stubborn, over confident, not great at in game adjustments, and does not have great player management skills for stars.

And the system tends to give up rebounds...something very valuable for playoff b-ball. The other stuff is overrated or wrong.

vCash
    Turn-overs have been killing us this year as well; Nash running an efficient game at the point is going to do wonders for this team overall.
    go raiders

vCash

Nash may return as soon as Saturday

Nash playin tonight.

Your baby can't do this

vCash

Nash may return as soon as Saturday

Idk if this has been posted or not, but I'm with a buddy and he told me he read a report that Nash is playin tonight.. Sorry if this has already been posted and I woulda posted it myself but I'm kinda drivin right now and will be for the next lil bit.. :/

Does anybody got a valid link?

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    so is he playing saturday?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersfan01 View Post
    He said he's more likely to make his return on Christmas you dope
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersfan01 View Post
    You should take your own advice and not ask stupid questions.
    Exactly.

vCash
    ^ hahaha LF01 eating crow.
    go raiders

vCash
    1 game back but Kobe still shot the ball at a crazy rate. 16 of 41 times to get to only 34 points? The next player behind was Artest who shot the ball 7 of 13 times for 20 points. They still had 20 turn overs. I know it will take time but good lord Kobe man. Trust me its not fun playing basketball when one player shoot the ball more that more than half the shots taken. First thing is first cut Kobe attempts down if he want to get to 30 then he has to make all his shots. Get Howard more involve. Every game this season has been the same to much Kobe not enough Howard and to much point of the finger to Gasol. I hate to admit it but the writing is on the wall. In this system he is the odd man just no room for him in the post. Gasol prove you can win with him in the post he reads the floor well much better than howard. The problem with these two is playing together in this system.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-23-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345