Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    I don't know when Nash will be back, but the schedule the next few games is not favorable to bringing him along slowly.

Lakers play Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Four games in six days.
    Actually, LA has a game Saturday and then they don't play again until Tuesday.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    I hope dantoni don't over play nash like what hes doing to Kobe. Nash is use to playing only 6 min a quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    Actually, LA has a game Saturday and then they don't play again until Tuesday.
    You're right -- I confused Christmas eve with Christmas day.

After that, however, it's game, day off, and game again.

Three games in four days.

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...angeles-lakers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    I hope dantoni don't over play nash like what hes doing to Kobe. Nash is use to playing only 6 min a quarter.
    that's 24 mpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    That's not true. He played whole quarters often last year.

vCash
    Ideally, this is would I would like the starters minutes to look like:

nash: 30 minutes
    kobe: 33 minutes
    artest: 28 minutes
    gasol: 32 minutes
    howard 34-35 minutes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Ideally, this is would I would like the starters minutes to look like:

nash: 30 minutes
    kobe: 33 minutes
    artest: 28 minutes
    gasol: 32 minutes
    howard 34-35 minutes
    MWP can and will play more minutes than that.

vCash
    Why am i not excited, this should be great news. The fact that this them is not an above .500 without nash bothers me. Nash is a great pg and all but he is 39 in two months. This team should not be that dependent on him. Not with the talent they have. Something major is wrong.
    -
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-21-2012 at 03:02 PM.

vCash
    I can't freaking wait!!!!
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Why am i not excited this should be great news. The fact that this them is not above .500 without nash bothers me. Nash is a great pg and all but he is 39 in two months. This team should not be that dependent on him. Not with the talent they have. Something major is wrong.
    -
    Style of play bro. This team is not waiting on its best player, its waiting for the best player for this system. Mike D is a system coach and without Nash It dosent work, so even though we have the best center in the game, multiple DPOY award winner and top 5 player, and the best shoothing guard in the game, who a proven multiple FMVP winner and champ, and a top five player, the team will still struggle becuase two players cant win it for you 82 times, you need a player to believe in a system and Mike D needs Nash to run and teach his system perfect, for the system to work.

It's sad and preety dumb to hire a one trick poney coach, but as fans all we cant do is hope the trick is a hell of a trick and that it works.

I aggree with you though it's sad and it gives me pause when i think on it to long, lol

vCash
    "This team should not be that dependent on him. Not with the talent they have. Something major is wrong."

The problem is probably not the team being dependent on Nash; it's D'Antoni being dependent on Nash. During practice, he's probably saying, "We're gonna do this and that when Steve gets back... in the meantime, we'll just do this, for now...".

vCash
    I think but was obvious the FO put all it's chips on Nash. Or else they would have hired Jackson but it's what it is and Nash is gonna gel this team beautifully in this system

The first Pick N Roll lob dunk Nash/Howard is gonna be so beautiful. Watch how he blossoms D12, Nash is exactly wht the doctor ordered.

Let's hope he didn't lose that jumper too spread the floor but I cannot wait to see Nash/Pau/D12 pick N Rolls all game long.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I think but was obvious the FO put all it's chips on Nash. Or else they would have hired Jackson but it's what it is and Nash is gonna gel this team beautifully in this system

The first Pick N Roll lob dunk Nash/Howard is gonna be so beautiful. Watch how he blossoms D12, Nash is exactly wht the doctor ordered.

Let's hope he didn't lose that jumper too spread the floor but I cannot wait to see Nash/Pau/D12 pick N Rolls all game long.
    The problem with that i think Lakers goal will be to average a few more points and cut back on turn overs to offset their lack of defense. Lakers weak points are turn overs, free throws% and defense. Nash should help in two areas but what about defense? Their offense is to lopsided and a floor general will balance it out. At this point does Nash have the energy for 36 minutes? Take a look at the Bobcats game, defense won that game. We can say they would have never been down had Nash been there but that shows what win games. If mike system need a pg like Nash should they start looking? dude is 39 and was never a great defender in his prime. I also dont remember an offensive minded team winning rings.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-21-2012 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    I know Kobe still want to be the man and he is playing great but its time he make a sacrifice for the better of the team. He should step aside and let the team feature Howard more. At the Same time Howard should demand the ball more. At this point Kobe should not average 29ppg with this team. He should be at 22-24ppg. Not that Miami is the model but Wade did the right thing for the younger Lebron and Kobe should do the same. Howard is right at the beginning of his prime and Kobe is pass his. Kobe prove he still got it now its time to win games. I like to shoot and its My team should be below Kobe at this point. What they need to do is get even more efficient in the shots they take if they want to be up in their ppg average but Howard should not be at 11 Kobe at 25 and meeks at 14,pau at 12. Kobe has taken a balloon 539 attempts to Howards 290 Pau has miss some games but he to is at 210 same pace as Howard. Meeks just started a few games after coming off the bench but he is at 167 on pace to pass Howard. Yes this system is guard oriented but Pau and Howard need more plays run for them. Nash will help but i think he opens another problem in defense. I hope the reason Howard has only taken 290 shots is his conditioning and I also hope Kobe Balloon attempts is just buying time to get everyone healthy.
    To put Kobe attempts in perspective Lebron at 419, Durant 449, Melo 424. Kobe is on pace to blow them out the water. Kobe need to shoot less more acurate and put more effort on defense. This is not a knock on Kobe but the coach and circumstances. I saw the games and he had to shoot to keep them in the games but his like to shoot its my team has to stop.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-21-2012 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    I hope he's not rushing back because he's bought into the hype of playing on Christmas day. It's just another game, no sense in risking a setback.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast