Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    So, would that make him a top 10 overall prospect? Higher or lower?
    For Sickels, Top 5.

But I think the consensus would have him in the 15-30 range. I do not agree with that because his stuff was underrated by soooo many scouts.

I was super impressed by the arsenal he showed in the big leagues, I think the only person that came close in their evaluation of Harvey was Keith Law because he's the only person that said he has a good change which was true.

Everyone else said that his breaking ball was plus, and his fastball was 92-94 MPH. Turns out his fastball was 94-95 MPH with 3 above average secondaries.(slider, curve, change)

vCash
    I can't see how Wheeler could come up and be more impressive than Harvey was last season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    I can't see how Wheeler could come up and be more impressive than Harvey was last season.
    I don't see it either, and I find it hard to believe people think he is still better than Harvey. I guess if he's better than Harvey then we're set for the next 10 years. Wheeler would need to show better command and a better change to be better than Harvey, and I just don't think that will happen. That is my opinion though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I don't see it either, and I find it hard to believe people think he is still better than Harvey. I guess if he's better than Harvey then we're set for the next 10 years. Wheeler would need to show better command and a better change to be better than Harvey, and I just don't think that will happen. That is my opinion though.
    Lets hope he is better lol.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Well the velocity should be roughly the same. Maybe Wheeler's secondaries are sharper than Harvey's right now, but I doubt it. Both seem to throw easy heat though which is so nice to have in your rotation. If Wheeler is even close to what Harvey was the last few months, yeah the top of the rotation is amazing with Harvey, Wheeler and Niese.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I think Wheeler's fastball will produce more grounders as well as swings and misses, but Harvey gets a ton of swing and misses with his fastball too. Both are deceptive because they hide the ball.

I think Wheeler has the better, more consistent breaking ball, but Harvey's change is far better imo. I can't wait to see both in the same rotation.

vCash
    Harvey also lives upstairs in the zone with his fastball for strikeouts, so there's another difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Harvey also lives upstairs in the zone with his fastball for strikeouts, so there's another difference.
    With his heat, that's unstoppable. He's got nasty movement on it.

It runs away from lefties, and against righties he knows how to paint the outside corner on the black.

vCash
    With his heat, that's unstoppable. He's got nasty movement on it.

It runs away from lefties, and against righties he knows how to paint the outside corner on the black.
    Yeah it was evident from his first start against Arizona that he has a potentially elite fastball. Those guys had no chance of catching up to that pitch. If he can continue to refine his changeup, Harvey is going to be very good for a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Yeah it was evident from his first start against Arizona that he has a potentially elite fastball. Those guys had no chance of catching up to that pitch. If he can continue to refine his changeup, Harvey is going to be very good for a long time.
    Eh, his change-up is fine. He's just needs to continue improving his command and control. If gets that down, you're looking at a legit ace with a plus-plus fastball and 3 swing and miss secondaries.

vCash
    Eh, his change-up is fine. He's just needs to continue improving his command and control. If gets that down, you're looking at a legit ace with a plus-plus fastball and 3 swing and miss secondaries.
    I don't know. I remember a couple of games last year where Harvey was getting hammered because he was using his changeup too much. There is always room for improvement when you're as young as Harvey though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I don't know. I remember a couple of games last year where Harvey was getting hammered because he was using his changeup too much. There is always room for improvement when you're as young as Harvey though.
    He had one bad game with it against the Padres, but Ron was making way too much of it. He got hammered that game with his fastball too. Other than that, the pitch has been fine.

His best secondary is his slider, then his change-up, and his curve is last. He might be better off just scrapping that pitch.

vCash
    Harvey and Wheeler

DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    and Niese too

DUDA

vCash
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...27313&c_id=mlb

This video basically shows his whole arsenal. He got a swinging strikeout with all of his pitches.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast