• Porcello

8 66.67%
  • Smyly

1 8.33%
  • Neither

3 25.00%
    vCash

Porcello vs Smyly

Who would you rather trade? It's actually tougher than I thought because of Smyly's durability issues. With Porcello, you know he'll log bout 175-180 innings a season. Another thing that comes into factor is the return we get back in a trade. You would assume Smyly would get a better return because of control and his stuff but again, he has a hard time staying healthy whereas Porcello hasn't had a significant injury his entire career.

Edit: Forgot to answer my own question. I'd trade Porcello.
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 12-19-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    I went with neither. Im not 100% if Smyly can go 6-7 innings. I really think Smyly goes to the bullpen. I really don't want to see either get traded but someone probably will.

vCash
    All I'm saying is we need some kind of LHP in our rotation. IMO I think it would help, especially during the postseason. I see Smyly going to the bullpen at some point during the season and Porcello getting traded to a NL team. Some other name will get the #5 spot which will be unexpected.

vCash
    Porcellos value is really low right now, so its not the best time to trade him. With that being said, Porcello does not fit this team well at all. He needs a good defense to succeed. The tigers should deal him to a NL team for a middle infield prospect. The defense doesn't project to improve much as a whole the next few years.

On the tigers hes the #5 starter, if on a team with a good defense I think his numbers reflect that of #3 starter value.
    Last edited by Victimize; 12-19-2012 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    His value might not be at his high point but we don't have the luxury of hanging on to him and hope his stock goes up. There isn't room for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    His value might not be at his high point but we don't have the luxury of hanging on to him and hope his stock goes up. There isn't room for him.
    I think there's room for him but no time to improve the defense lol

vCash
    I trade whichever one nets me a SS, that is either major league now, or soon to be.

vCash
    I believe Smyly is too valuable to the Tigers. He will net us a bigger return, but I think Rick should stay, because we are not going to get a good haul for him. It's been a while since the phone started ringing and a trade hasn't happened yet. Kinda makes me wonder if we are getting low balled! I'd keep both!
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    If I had to trade 1, it would be Rick. Smyly is the only cost controlled pitcher we have right now. I also would prefer to keep both tbh and start Smyly in Toledo and try to milk and extra year out of his arbitration clock.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Well I thought at least one would have been traded by now. I've said it before that I don't mind Rick as our 5th guy if we decide to keep smyly down on the farm

vCash
    Keep Smyly. Rick would fit better with a better defensive ball club.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    I believe Dombrowski was interested in swapping Porcello for another starter. He put feelers out-on Smyly, to gauge/judge his value on the open market. That's it. Dave was possibly interested in a lopsided offer that never came.

I seriously doubt Dombrowski wants to surrender the only lefty ready for work in the Tigers rotation - in any even trade. Porcello's best value in trade may not come until mid/late March. Rival team injuries in spring training may pave the way for a Porcello trade.