Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kyle Shanahan

vCash
    I think its a fairly good chance that Kyle takes a HC job this offseason. It sounds like he is itching to become a HC and get out of his fathers shadow. If we do lose Kyle, whats the chance we promote Matt LaFleur to OC to keep the continuity. Hes been with Kyle for 7 years now and probably knows the system extremely well. The only questions is if Kyle would take him with him and make him the OC under him or does Kyle continue to call plays and doesn't hire an OC?

Would Mike take over as OC?

vCash
    There are rumors floating around that if the Texans cant make a run this year in the playoffs that they would consider letting Gary Kubiak go. He was Shanahan's OC in Denver wasn't he?

I kinda don't want to let Kyle go. I like what we have going on right now.

vCash
    honestly...if you are kyle...would you want to leave RGIII, morris, trent, garcon, davis, when you basically got all of them ths year (minus trent), and we just won the divison with a top 5 offense? Would you leave all of this after you just spent the past year coming up with the perfect playbook for the perfect qb to run it, just to go to a team with no qb, and start all over? Wouldnt you just enjoy what your doing now, and take over for your father once he retires, considering how young you are?. Im pretty sure kyle wont want to leave already, and can garuntee you snyder will see to it that he stays. im not even 1% concerend about this for this upcoming offseason.

vCash
    He's already said he will most definitely talk with other teams if they call..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    honestly...if you are kyle...would you want to leave RGIII, morris, trent, garcon, davis, when you basically got all of them ths year (minus trent), and we just won the divison with a top 5 offense? Would you leave all of this after you just spent the past year coming up with the perfect playbook for the perfect qb to run it, just to go to a team with no qb, and start all over? Wouldnt you just enjoy what your doing now, and take over for your father once he retires, considering how young you are?. Im pretty sure kyle wont want to leave already, and can garuntee you snyder will see to it that he stays. im not even 1% concerend about this for this upcoming offseason.
    I believe that's why it would have to be a team with special circumstances in place for him to go

vCash
    Without RG3 & Morris........or people of that caliber........Kyle is no better than last year's Kyle.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Without RG3 & Morris........or people of that caliber........Kyle is no better than last year's Kyle.
    Our offense was still able to move the ball pretty well with Rex Grosman as our QB. IT wasn't Kyle's fault his QB was Rex Grosman.

vCash
    Maybe Kyle heads to out takes sexy rexy with him. Waits out a year for Johnny Football

vCash
    Like I said in my original post, I think Kyle's best chance for long-term success as a head coach would be to be patient and succeed his father because he'd inherit a team with an elite QB that's been together for a while and it's not often that a new head coach gets that kind of opportunity. However, I think what happens will depend on how long Shanny Sr. wants to keep coaching. If Kyle knew for certain that his father was going to quit coaching no matter what when his contract is up in 2 years, I think he'd definitely stay. However, if there's no guarantee of that, then he might explore other opportunities. What if we get close to a title within the next 2 years but come up just a little short? I think it could be hard for Shanny to leave the game feeling he was just a year away from another Super Bowl title. He might want to extend his contract and Kyle might not want to wait out the possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geo21874 View Post
    Maybe Kyle heads to out takes sexy rexy with him. Waits out a year for Johnny Football
    johny football is a TRUE freshman...he has to be In school for @ least 2 more yrs

vCash
    Everything I've read says he's a redshirt but either way he could one of few options that could help Kyle start his own HC legacy. Obviously as others have said I hope K Shanny stays and I do believe the odds are decent that stays for his coaching inheritance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    johny football is a TRUE freshman...he has to be In school for @ least 2 more yrs
    Hes diffinitely a redshit freshman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    Hes diffinitely a redshit freshman
    "Redshit" is disrespectful.

vCash
    I think there is a much better chance of someone replacing him here being successful.....than him being successful somewhere else.

Ya think any other OC in this league wouldn't jump at the chance to have RG3/Morris as a start?

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12