Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    There are too many bandwagoners i hate to say it even on PSD and you can point out the Met fans that were around to comment about the trade and then disappear till sometime in May.

I don't like that crap either but when the Mets get good again and if somehow the Yankees during that time suck for a while you'll see Met hats, Mets car logos, etc etc all over the place.

Meanwhile some of those people have laid dormant for years.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-21-2012 at 09:15 PM.

vCash
    Pavano is Sandy's perfect candidate for his not the top of the rotation starter but a 10-12 game winner. Sure he'll have a 4+ era like he did in Minnesota but I like him over Chris Young
    #oneatatime

vCash
    why is it we trade away stars for prospects, but when it comes time to look at starters, we look in either the garbage bins or the medical wards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    Pavano is Sandy's perfect candidate for his not the top of the rotation starter but a 10-12 game winner. Sure he'll have a 4+ era like he did in Minnesota but I like him over Chris Young
    Young is better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Young is better.
    How so? Please explain
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Neither Young OR Pavano are acceptable IMHO, if those are the BEST 2 options then I'd rather keep running Hefner out there every 5th day until Mejia or Wheeler are viably ready....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Neither Young OR Pavano are acceptable IMHO, if those are the BEST 2 options then I'd rather keep running Hefner out there every 5th day until Mejia or Wheeler are viably ready....
    I don't care for Pavano either. At 37, he's just not that good any more.

But Young, 3 years younger than Pavano, still has it. He gave us 115 good innings last year. One more year removed from surgery, he should be even better, perhaps returning to the form he showed in SD for 3 years from 2006 - 2008. I'll take CY in a heartbeat.

That said, I'd also love to see Sandy sign Jair Jurrjens or Dallas Braden to a low cost, incentive based deal too.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    I agree completely.

I'd rather we keep on shuttling our young guys from the minors.

Remember, this is a 70 win team with or without Pavano/Young.

GM Sandy Alderson Has Some Critical Decisions To Make In The Off-Season

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    If we were to sign jair couldn't santana teach him how to pitch. Young is still a good idea too. Like some one said already he is1 more yr removed from surgery so that could help him.just being more healthy to pitch that is.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    If we were to sign jair couldn't santana teach him how to pitch. Young is still a good idea too. Like some one said already he is1 more yr removed from surgery so that could help him.just being more healthy to pitch that is.

Young is a white Ollie Perez....when Young is "good" he is average....when Young is bad he's Abysmal and he's more BAD than "good" He's had 2 season to prove himself here, he's failed, lets not make the same mistake thrice....

vCash
    At this point I'd rather just let the young guys handle it. All Sandy should do is look for a cheap MLB starter who could eat up some innings if we need it in the dog days of summer. I'd rather see money get spent on the bullpen on someone like Takahashi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paletsgomets View Post
    why is it we trade away stars for prospects, but when it comes time to look at starters, we look in either the garbage bins or the medical wards
    Because no one is looking to deal stars away...but someone else's garbage can be had for those same prospects.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Big game Ollie. He was nice in 2007 though, he was still young at the time and no one thought he'd fall off a cliff velocity-wise. It's very easy to judge bad contracts after the fact.
    I uderstand he had a solid 2007 season but it was after his very inconsistent 2008 season is when he got the contract. That season warranted 36 over 3 years? You have to pay guys on how they just performed for you and moving forward not how they did for you two seasons before.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 12-23-2012 at 03:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The Pirates are hoping that they get similar results to what they got from Burnett. Problem is that Liriano just walks too damn many guys.
    Agreed. He's wildly inconsistent like Ollie. The guy can walk 7 in 4.1 or has the ability to pitch lights out when he's on and in Liriano's case throw a no-hitter. Too much of a risk like Sick said with all the walks not to mention the inability to remain healthy.

vCash
    Young is a white Ollie Perez....when Young is "good" he is average....when Young is bad he's Abysmal and he's more BAD than "good" He's had 2 season to prove himself here, he's failed, lets not make the same mistake thrice....
    You're comparing Chris Young (career WHIP 1.220 - 3.5 BB/9) to Oliver Perez (career WHIP 1.475 - 5.0 BB/9) ????

Young didn't prove himself here, despite his 4.15 ERA and 5.75 innings per start in 20 starts for us last year????

When he's good (see 2006 & 2007) he's very good, and when he's bad he's injured. A healthy Chris Young is a real asset to any team. Baseball-Reference.com rates Young #786 among all pitchers, while they rate Perez #1100. Case closed.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast