Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 93
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,375
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Screw these has beens. Scour the minors and independent leagues for a 35 year old knuckleballer.

    Let's get the next Dickey.
    Lets bring Dickey back in 3 years lol.

    Lets also sign Beltran next offseason.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,375
    vCash
    1500
    In all seriousness...

    Wouldn't it be interesting if Dickey pitched sooooooooooo bad for the Blue Jays that they just dropped him, and then when he becomes available he expresses how he only feels comfortable pitching for the Mets and we pick him up and he pitches awesome for us again!

    Thats my dream lol.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    @MattHunt22
    Posts
    6,292
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    In all seriousness...

    Wouldn't it be interesting if Dickey pitched sooooooooooo bad for the Blue Jays that they just dropped him, and then when he becomes available he expresses how he only feels comfortable pitching for the Mets and we pick him up and he pitches awesome for us again!

    Thats my dream lol.
    that would be amazing


    If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,962
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    In all seriousness...

    Wouldn't it be interesting if Dickey pitched sooooooooooo bad for the Blue Jays that they just dropped him, and then when he becomes available he expresses how he only feels comfortable pitching for the Mets and we pick him up and he pitches awesome for us again!

    Thats my dream lol.
    But then all the Blue Jay fans would come here and bash us for taking TDA and Syndergaard for nothing.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    Or however many games they played since I haven't watched boring baseball in years.

    You good?




    Simple answer ....basketball is exciting and even when the Knick were losing ...how could you give up on the Knicks or basketball at all?
    If you are a die hard fan of a team you don't give up just because they are losing.

    The Knicks haven't won a title in 40 years, haven't come close to one since 94' (because let's face it they had no shot in that 99' finals against San Antonio) and were basing the laughing stock of the league till Donnie Walsh and Glen Grunwald took over.

    Their history hasn't been overrun with championships and consistent greatness.

    The Mets have been to exactly the same amount of championship finals in the last 40 years than the Knicks.

    I like the Knicks but let's see do something in the playoffs first..

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,962
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If you are a die hard fan of a team you don't give up just because they are losing.

    The Knicks haven't won a title in 40 years, haven't come close to one since 94' (because let's face it they had no shot in that 99' finals against San Antonio) and were basing the laughing stock of the league till Donnie Walsh and Glen Grunwald took over.

    Their history hasn't been overrun with championships and consistent greatness.

    The Mets have been to exactly the same amount of championship finals in the last 40 years than the Knicks.

    I like the Knicks but let's see do something in the playoffs first..
    But baseball is boring

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But baseball is boring


    Yeah the Knicks and Jets put us to shame with all those championship banners they have holding up in Met Life Stadium and MSG.

    How will we ever compete?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    2,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    At what point do you say, enough is enough and i'm tired of watching 166 games knowing that the Mets aren't going anywhere?

    I stopped being a fan of the Mets and baseball in 2009.
    Well to answer your question...they said enough was enough back in 2010, when Beltran was traded. With that came the new direction. Since then, the Mets have been getting younger, and now have restocked the minors.

    This is no longer a short term team, that is important to recognize. If you are expecting the Mets to just simply go back to overpaying for crap or has-been FA names...for nothing more than backpage news (what the Jets still do)...then this is no longer the team you know.

    This team thought short term for decades. It got them nothing, and no where. Now for the first time in a long time, they have a forward plan. Will it work? No one knows. It could fail just as bad. Or it could be the foundation this team has needed for a long time. This team blew up it's core...you know what everyone was screaming about a couple of years ago. Well they don't grow on trees, and they need to find a new one. That is where we are right now.

    I for one like the direction, and even if it means next season isn't as exciting and not a playoff year. I'll take it knowing they are trying to move in the right direction.

    THANK YOU PROKY!!!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Technically, there is a championship banner in MetLife Stadium....

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Technically, there is a championship banner in MetLife Stadium....
    Well yeah i was being sarcastic to the fact that the Jets have so many hanging from the rafters just like the Knicks do..

    We know the Giants have 4, something the Jets could only dream about.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-21-2012 at 07:51 PM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    Or however many games they played since I haven't watched boring baseball in years.

    You good?




    Simple answer ....basketball is exciting and even when the Knick were losing ...how could you give up on the Knicks or basketball at all?
    And basketball of course is exciting for you now.

    Who wouldn't be excited about a 19-6 Knick team that has beaten the defending champions twice already this year?

    Ask those Knick fans back in 2002-2003 when Michael Doleac was playing C how they felt about their beloved Knicks?

    Let's face it, we are a front running town and the only fan bases that sentiment doesn't apply to for the most part are Met, Rangers, and Jet fans. (i would throw Islander fans in their too but they just lost their team to Brooklyn so obviously all the losing had some effect)

    It's probably because we are so accustom to all the losing that we just accept it is an inevitability in hopes one day we are pleasantly surprised otherwise.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-21-2012 at 07:53 PM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Born in Brooklyn, New Jersey now.
    Posts
    1,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    In all seriousness...

    Wouldn't it be interesting if Dickey pitched sooooooooooo bad for the Blue Jays that they just dropped him, and then when he becomes available he expresses how he only feels comfortable pitching for the Mets and we pick him up and he pitches awesome for us again!

    Thats my dream lol.
    That's the most reDickeyless thing I've ever seen. Robert Allen is going to be spectacular again this year. No reason he shouldn't. I just hope he picks up 5 of his wins against the Yanks.

    Meanwhile, thank heaven Liriano signed with the Pirates. Now we all have to hope that Pavano signs somewhere else too, so we don't have to lose sleep about him possibly coming to Queens. Too bad we missed out on Pelf. $4 million plus incentives was reasonable for him.

    Now, it would be smart for Sandy to resign Chris Young, and bring in Jair Jurrjens or Dallas Braden on a low cost/high incentive deal.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, New York
    Posts
    3,876
    vCash
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    Well to answer your question...they said enough was enough back in 2010, when Beltran was traded. With that came the new direction. Since then, the Mets have been getting younger, and now have restocked the minors.

    This is no longer a short term team, that is important to recognize. If you are expecting the Mets to just simply go back to overpaying for crap or has-been FA names...for nothing more than backpage news (what the Jets still do)...then this is no longer the team you know.

    This team thought short term for decades. It got them nothing, and no where. Now for the first time in a long time, they have a forward plan. Will it work? No one knows. It could fail just as bad. Or it could be the foundation this team has needed for a long time. This team blew up it's core...you know what everyone was screaming about a couple of years ago. Well they don't grow on trees, and they need to find a new one. That is where we are right now.

    I for one like the direction, and even if it means next season isn't as exciting and not a playoff year. I'll take it knowing they are trying to move in the right direction.

    I'm glad you still have faith in the Mets but haven't we seen this before with the 3 young pitchers of the future(Isringhausen, Bill Pulsipher and Paul Wilson) back in the 90's? Baseball is just too boring (imo) to sit around for 30 plus years for this team to get it right.


    The Knicks are back!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    I'm glad you still have faith in the Mets but haven't we seen this before with the 3 young pitchers of the future(Isringhausen, Bill Pulsipher and Paul Wilson) back in the 90's? Baseball is just too boring (imo) to sit around for 30 plus years for this team to get it right.
    It's not going to take 30 years for this team to get it right, and these guys arent Generation K.

    Barring injury, Wheeler and Harvey should be aces within in the next couple of years.

    It's just about building pieces around that.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-21-2012 at 08:04 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Born in Brooklyn, New Jersey now.
    Posts
    1,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    I'm glad you still have faith in the Mets but haven't we seen this before with the 3 young pitchers of the future(Isringhausen, Bill Pulsipher and Paul Wilson) back in the 90's? Baseball is just too boring (imo) to sit around for 30 plus years for this team to get it right.
    You might recall that, despite the fact that injuries took their toll on Generation K, the long range thinking back in the '90s resulted in a couple of Division Championships, a NL Pennant and a World Series appearance in 2000. Home grown talent like Fonsi, Payton, Benny A, and Bobby Jones, along with some very astute trades contributed to that success. We went astray after that, but now, it seems, we are back on track. Get excited Mets fans.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •