Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 93
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Sentinel Island
    Posts
    5,285
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    $7m a year for a guy coming off a 5.30 ERA? The Pirates seem to be cornering the market on overpriced underperforming has beens. Speaking of which what were Pavano's recent stats? CYoung looks like a better choice. What's Ben Sheet's status?
    I believe Sheets retired. I'm pretty sure I heard on MLB Network towards the end of the year that he wanted to go out on his own terms, thus the come back.
    FC Bayern Munchen

    New York Yankees



  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    24,514
    Jurrjens was god awful last year but i mean he does have a better career ERA, WHIP, and W-L record than Anibal Sanchez who just got 80 million bucks.

    Just shows how important last impressions are.

    The drop in velocity was a concern for Jurrjens bu i would take a chance on him, if he can regain some of that back he could be a solid mid rotation guy for us.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,823
    Jim Bowden tweeted that we were in Michael Bourns market....I Wish
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”



    There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!


    Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"


    New York Giants-2012 World Champions

    SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    60,607
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Jurrjens was god awful last year but i mean he does have a better career ERA, WHIP, and W-L record than Anibal Sanchez who just got 80 million bucks.

    Just shows how important last impressions are.

    The drop in velocity was a concern for Jurrjens bu i would take a chance on him, if he can regain some of that back he could be a solid mid rotation guy for us.
    Last 3 seasons:

    Jurrjens: 2.6 WAR
    Sanchez: 10.5 WAR

    And Jurrjens now throws 3 MPH less on average compared to Sanchez.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    24,514
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Last 3 seasons:

    Jurrjens: 2.6 WAR
    Sanchez: 10.5 WAR

    And Jurrjens now throws 3 MPH less on average compared to Sanchez.
    Well that's where the drop in velocity is a concern but the guy did have a career ERA of barely over 3.7 prior to last year.

    He certainly could be effective for us if he was more like the pitcher he was in 2011 and 2009 than he was last year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-21-2012 at 03:31 PM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    60,607
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well that's where the drop in velocity is a concern but the guy did have a career ERA of barely over 3.7 prior to last year.

    He certainly could be effective for us if he was more like the pitcher he was in 2011 and 2009 than he was last year.
    He's a fluke. He sucks now.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    33,939
    Vintage Moneyball. Bring in once great pitchers who can be had for a song since no one wants them anymore and hope that they can still get a few batters out and give you some innings.

    If they do, great! If not, no biggie, since you're not trying to win anything anyway.

    Peanuts, get your peanuts here! Cracker Jack! Black and Whites at the Shake a Shack!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, New York
    Posts
    3,961
    At what point do you say, enough is enough and i'm tired of watching 166 games knowing that the Mets aren't going anywhere?

    I stopped being a fan of the Mets and baseball in 2009.
    The Knicks are back?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    At what point do you say, enough is enough and i'm tired of watching 166 games knowing that the Mets aren't going anywhere?

    I stopped being a fan of the Mets and baseball in 2009.
    Cool story, bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    60,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    At what point do you say, enough is enough and i'm tired of watching 166 games knowing that the Mets aren't going anywhere?

    I stopped being a fan of the Mets and baseball in 2009.
    166 games

    How come you're still a Knick fan even though they were worse than the Mets for the past decade?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    14,874
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    166 games

    How come you're still a Knick fan even though they were worse than the Mets for the past decade?
    Ignore the troll.


    "It's not enough that I succeed, others should fail."

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, New York
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    166 games

    How come you're still a Knick fan even though they were worse than the Mets for the past decade?
    Or however many games they played since I haven't watched boring baseball in years.

    You good?




    Simple answer ....basketball is exciting and even when the Knick were losing ...how could you give up on the Knicks or basketball at all?
    The Knicks are back?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, New York
    Posts
    3,961
    I'm NOT trolling... I asked a valid question.
    The Knicks are back?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    30,549

    Liriano Sigs with Pirates, Pavano also on Sandy's list

    Screw these has beens. Scour the minors and independent leagues for a 35 year old knuckleballer.

    Let's get the next Dickey.

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    60,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    Or however many games they played since I haven't watched boring baseball in years.

    You good?




    Simple answer ....basketball is exciting and even when the Knick were losing ...how could you give up on the Knicks or basketball at all?
    Ok so you don't like baseball, that's all I needed to know.

    Baseball>basketball to me. I love the Knicks and always will, but I can't get enough of baseball. This is coming from a kid who loved basketball first and grew up playing it too.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •