Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

NBA files Trademarks for the New Orleans Hornets

per Hoopshype

Steve Kyler: NBA files trademarks for NOLA on Pelicans, Rougarou, Mosquitos, Swamp Dogs, Bullsharks. Twitter @stevekylerNBA
    NEW ORLEANS HORNETS | SHARE

ROUGAROU

The Rougarou (alternately spelled as Roux-Ga-Roux, Rugaroo, or Rugaru), is a legendary creature in Laurentian French communities linked to European notions of the werewolf.

Versions of the Folklore
    The folk tales of the creature known as a rougarou are as diverse as the spelling of its name, though they are all connected to francophone cultures through a common derived belief in the Loup Garou (pronounced lu'gä-ru). Loup is French for wolf, and garou (from Frankish garulf, cognate with English werewolf) is a man who transforms into an animal.

Louisiana Folklore
    Rougarou represents a variant pronunciation and spelling of the original French loup garou. Both words are used interchangeably in southern Louisiana. Some people call the monster rougarou; others refer to it as the loup garou.

The rougarou legend has been spread for many generations, either directly from French settlers to Louisiana (New France) or via the French Canadian immigrants centuries ago.

In the Cajun legend, the creature is said to prowl the swamps around Acadiana and Greater New Orleans, and possibly the fields or forests of the regions. The rougarou most often is noted as a creature with a human body and the head of a wolf or dog, similar to the werewolf legend.

Often the story-telling was used for fear. One example is stories were told by elders to persuade Cajun children behave. Another example relates that the wolf-like beast will hunt down and kill Catholics who do not follow the rules of Lent. This coincides with the French Catholic loup garou stories, where the method for turning into a werewolf was to break Lent seven years in a row.

A common blood sucking legend speculated that the rougarou was under the spell for 101 days. After that time, the curse was transferred from person to person when the rougarou drew another human’s blood. During the day the creature returned to human form. Although acting sickly, the human refrained to tell others of the situation for fear of being killed.

Other stories range from the rougarou as a headless horseman to the rougarou derived from witchcraft. In the latter claim, only a witch could make a rougarou - either by turning themselves into wolves or cursing others with lycanthropy.

YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/Z6Nd77YVT7A

-------

vCash
    tbh the only ones that interest me are Voodoo and Knights, otherwise why bother the rest stank and are a joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieNOHfan View Post
    tbh the only ones that interest me are Voodoo and Knights, otherwise why bother the rest stank and are a joke
    I agree, just wanted to post it! Honestly Aussie, this schit is embarrassing!!!!!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Same I think these names are jokes. I'll rather knights or gators. Or keep it as hornets

vCash
    Rougarou!
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    if we cant have Voodoo i honestly want ROUGAROU....its bad ***

vCash
    Rou dat

vCash
    honestly they probably threw out names people would hate more to make the pelicans look good. reguardless i really like ROUGAROU and i dont mind the pelicans.

vCash
    anything to get the stench of Shinn off this franchise

vCash
    Starting to love rougarou
    Beast from South Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfreak View Post
    Mark my words! Sanchez will win MVP and there is nothing Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or any other QB can do about it!
    Nfl-Dolphins, Nba-Hornets, Nhl-Devils, Mlb-Cardinals

vCash
    once i found out what the hell it was i loved it.

vCash
    What do you guys feel about Steam or Steamers?

vCash
    im not blown away by it
    Beast from South Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfreak View Post
    Mark my words! Sanchez will win MVP and there is nothing Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or any other QB can do about it!
    Nfl-Dolphins, Nba-Hornets, Nhl-Devils, Mlb-Cardinals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    anything to get the stench of Shinn off this franchise
    So we get the Stench of Shinn off of the franchise but we put the Goofiness of Tom Benson on it? Jeff, lets remember how many silly moves were made in the Saints Front office by Tom Benson before Sean Payton bailed his azz out!

Ill take Rougarou any day over Pelicans!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's