Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Makes no sense. Once you win doesn't mean you sell off your team ala Marlins. You still want to make money and not keeping the guys that draw the biggest crowds isn't teh way to do that.
    Look at it this way.
    If we win the World Series this year, the pressure of not having won a World Series since 84 will be off of the team. You don't keep making moves to "win now" once you've already won.
    It isn't that we're advocating it or anything, or that we even expect it to happen, but it isn't outrageous to think that winning a World Series wouldn't significantly impact what the front office(and Mr. I) do the next couple of years.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Umm...hell yes. The window will close eventually and I would rather have 2 WS and 5 years of crap then1 WS and 7 years of mediocrity.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Again... WAT?.......

vCash
    We're not the ****ing cubs here. If we were, maybe I would be happy with just winning the world series. Actually, no I probably wouldn't. This team is built for success for the next few years, and if we win it once, you want to dismantle the team? Are you ****ing kidding me? The Giants have won the world series twice in the last few years, they aren't slashing their team in half. The yankees come out every damn year with a contending team. Why the hell would we not try to win the world series every year we possibly can? That's the ultimate goal in baseball

vCash
    Umm...hell yes. The window will close eventually and I would rather have 2 WS and 5 years of crap then1 WS and 7 years of mediocrity.
    Ahoda, I think that both Zander and I would love to have 2, 3, 4, 15 World Series rings in the next 15 years...we are not saying that we would be content with One and Done. No one said that. We are Tigers fans, we want them to win EVERY year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    We're not the ****ing cubs here. If we were, maybe I would be happy with just winning the world series. Actually, no I probably wouldn't. This team is built for success for the next few years, and if we win it once, you want to dismantle the team? Are you ****ing kidding me? The Giants have won the world series twice in the last few years, they aren't slashing their team in half. The yankees come out every damn year with a contending team. Why the hell would we not try to win the world series every year we possibly can? That's the ultimate goal in baseball
    Holy cow. No one said dismantle the team. No one said sell off the team. All I said is that I cannot imagine the Tigers having Fielder at $20M+, Cabrera at $25M+, and Verlander at $20M+ every year. That was all I said.

vCash
    Ok. Somewhere I read sell off, but it was actually ahoda. My apologies. I still think if Ilitch is the man making the call he makes every effort to keep all 3 under contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Ok. Somewhere I read sell off, but it was actually ahoda. My apologies. I still think if Ilitch is the man making the call he makes every effort to keep all 3 under contract.
    I hope that you and ahola are correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Holy cow. No one said dismantle the team. No one said sell off the team. All I said is that I cannot imagine the Tigers having Fielder at $20M+, Cabrera at $25M+, and Verlander at $20M+ every year. That was all I said.
    Remember we have an extra $50M in revenue from the new TV deal in 2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klane079 View Post
    Remember we have an extra $50M in revenue from the new TV deal in 2014
    I hope you all are correct. Cabrera is awesome.

vCash
    i think we keep all 3. Cabrera seems too close to his teammates here. I know its a business and he'll want a lot of money but if Illitch is still around I dont see us letting him leave.

vCash
    Illitch will do all he can to resign Cabby. It's going to be up to Miggy if he wants to come back or not.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Illitch will do all he can to resign Cabby. It's going to be up to Miggy if he wants to come back or not.
    I agree with this. The silver lining in this whole saga will be that Boras can't touch it skew everything. I really think all 3 stay in Detroit a long time and JV and Miggy retire as Tigers.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    I agree with this. The silver lining in this whole saga will be that Boras can't touch it skew everything. I really think all 3 stay in Detroit a long time and JV and Miggy retire as Tigers.
    I wish I were as confident as you and kokes are about this. In the end, as a fan all I can do is just sit back and enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12