Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Andrew Bailey ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,362
    vCash
    1500

    Andrew Bailey ?

    Now that the Red Sox traded for Hanrahan and Cerrington came out today and said he will be the teams closer in 2013. maybe they would be willing to eat most of his contract and we could get him for alost nothing.
    He has been injured the last couple of season but was a very good closer a couple of years ago. To think they gave up Josh Reddick to get him. The guy hit 30 hrs for Oakland this year.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,544
    vCash
    1500
    No, just go with Mr.R

    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    Calvin Johnson is the worse decoy to ever put on football pads they should have drafted a big play reciever years ago. Golden Tate is a good side piece but I wouldnt have him as my full time number 1 WR.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    65,672
    vCash
    0
    If he can be gotten for the cheap I'd say that would make some since. He'd be a nice fall back option if Rondon struggles. No risk, high reward type move. Get him cheap and dump him if he stinks/hurt.



    Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,660
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Now that the Red Sox traded for Hanrahan and Cerrington came out today and said he will be the teams closer in 2013. maybe they would be willing to eat most of his contract and we could get him for alost nothing.
    He has been injured the last couple of season but was a very good closer a couple of years ago. To think they gave up Josh Reddick to get him. The guy hit 30 hrs for Oakland this year.
    The guy has little value as of now, unless Boston needs the roster space there isn't much reason for them to move him at this time. They'd be better off letting him pitch and hope he stays healthy.

    I wouldn't mind having him for a bag of balls

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    1500
    agreed ^

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,806
    vCash
    1500
    He's very good when healthy and if we can get him cheap I'd do it, but the Red Sox have no reason to trade him tbh. I'd check in with them about Aceves also.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    He's very good when healthy and if we can get him cheap I'd do it, but the Red Sox have no reason to trade him tbh. I'd check in with them about Aceves also.
    How about Iglesias and Aceves for Porcello? Keep Peralta to be the platoon bat for LF (move Infante to LF and Peralta to 2B when we face LH pitching). We could always spin off Peralta at the break for bullpen help if we needed to.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,806
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not high on Iglesias and I see him as Adam Everett where he's all glove and no bat and Aceves is probably equal to a cheaper Pocello that can't start. So I wouldn't do the trade but it's a fair trade imo. I wouldn't hate it but it's not one I'd pursue if I'm DD. I'd try to get Aceves as a dump after all the issues he had with the organization last season.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I'm not high on Iglesias and I see him as Adam Everett where he's all glove and no bat and Aceves is probably equal to a cheaper Pocello that can't start. So I wouldn't do the trade but it's a fair trade imo. I wouldn't hate it but it's not one I'd pursue if I'm DD. I'd try to get Aceves as a dump after all the issues he had with the organization last season.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Iglesias is the answer, or that by adding him he puts us over the top. Simply put he COULD be one of the best defensive SS in all of MLB, correct? After next season, Santiago is a FA as is Infante and Peralta leaving us with Worth to play SS and 2B. I don't see us keeping Worth at SS...2B possibly, but he seems to be viewed as more of a utility guy. I think we could get Santiago back again if we wanted, not sure we want that. Just seems to me that we will need a good glove at SS...and I hear that the Bo Sox are really high on Xander Bogaerts now to come up in 2014 thus leaving Iglesias as the odd man out. Besides, even if Iglesias is the equivalent of Adam Everett...he bats 9th on the squad with Jackson, Hunter, Cabrera, Fielder, Martinez, Dirks, Infante, and Avila in front of him...that is plenty of offense.

    I would prefer to give up Boesch for Iglesias (and hope that Boston bites) and keep Porcello around but that suggestion just makes me laugh...

    I like Bailey better than Aceves but health is paramount.
    Last edited by T $$$; 12-27-2012 at 10:59 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,836
    vCash
    1500
    They wont do it because DD and Leyland are quite set on Rondon being the closer, and if that doesnt work out, to solve the problem in house

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    They wont do it because DD and Leyland are quite set on Rondon being the closer, and if that doesnt work out, to solve the problem in house
    I suppose you are right.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,563
    vCash
    1500
    Sad that a team with a payroll like ours doesn't have a proven closer, I fear the worst for our bullpen in 2013.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Sad that a team with a payroll like ours doesn't have a proven closer, I fear the worst for our bullpen in 2013.
    Giants did okay without a proven closer last year. They won WITHOUT Brian Wilson.
    The Tigers did not have a proven closer beyond the ALDS and made it to the WS.
    Jason Motte did not guarantee the Cardinals a WS nod.
    The Yankees did a good job replacing Rivera with Soriano but he was a set up guy going into the 2012 season.
    Kimbrel won the Rookie of the Year in 2011 and he was the most dominating closer in baseball last season...result: NL Wild Card loss to the Cardinals on Oct 5.
    Jim Johnson while the closer in 2012, was a part time closer in 2011, a set up man in 2010, closer for the second half of the season in 2009...result: gave up games 1 & 3 for the Orioles giving the ALCS to the Yankees almost single-handedly.

    I could go on with the A's, Rangers, Reds, and Nationals but you catch my drift. A proven closer does not guarantee postseason or better yet, once you get to the postseason a proven closer does not guarantee a WS.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,563
    vCash
    1500
    We don't have one single reliable bullpen arm right now, if you're comfortable with that, good for you, i'm not.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    We don't have one single reliable bullpen arm right now, if you're comfortable with that, good for you, i'm not.
    Dude, you ever hear of St. John's Wort? It is all-natural, it is healthy, it is recommended for those who need a natural remedy to depression and negativity...I suggest you take some. No need to have a chip on your shoulder all the time.

    Personally, I like Coke, I know many don't. I like Dotel. I like Alburquerque and Villareal. I think Benoit is okay. I think Downs is okay and I personally like Below. I realize that our bullpen could really use an addition but I have faith in the Tigers FO in assessing pitching...if they say Rondon can do it, who am I to say he cannot. I am fine with Rondon going forward.

    You want to talk about things that I am not comfortable with we can discuss Peralta whom we have all seen venture a half step to his right and step and a quarter to his left...but I digress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •