Voters
20. This poll is closed
  • Yes

13 65.00%
  • No

7 35.00%
    vCash

International Free Agents

Simple...should we have IFA? I have no clue how we'll do it yet since IFA wasn't common back around the early 90s (from what I remember), but we could just create fictitious players for now and then follow something more realistic in later years. Such as actually creating Ichiro when we hit the season where he joined MLB, and so on.

I do want to clarify, these guys won't be a bunch of superstars and the majority of them will probably be older. It could be a veteran from Japan or Cuba with decent enough ratings to play at the MLB level, or it could be a Dominican kid that's undeveloped but has a high ceiling.

One thing to be aware of, this is definitely going to affect finances in the league but that is already something that we will have to continually tweak over the next several seasons. The economy of baseball grew exponentially between 1990 and 2010. Cash caps will likely be raised every season to try to keep a pace that can be somewhat realistic without getting out of hand. Payrolls have already been growing, as well as revenues. We just need to find a way to have everything else grow with it. As it sits right now, we'd just have a few different people bid their entire $20mil of cash in posting because it's likely that they'd replenish it quickly and how do we even decide a winning bid in that case?

I am not in danger...I AM the danger.

vCash
    Vague, but an intriguing idea. I'll endorse this one, as well. I'm curious how much, or at what percentage you will increase the cash cap on a yearly basis.

vCash
    Great idea. Would increase the talent of the league, and help lower the cash totals. In TKO, many teams always had the 100M cash total before IFAs were introduced, and now cash is a commodity. We'd see more people in this league having to make decisions about how to use their cash instead of just maxing out every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    Great idea. Would increase the talent of the league, and help lower the cash totals. In TKO, many teams always had the 100M cash total before IFAs were introduced, and now cash is a commodity. We'd see more people in this league having to make decisions about how to use their cash instead of just maxing out every year.
    Yeah, I remember it was a $100mil cap even in the early days. We're not THAT far away from the year that league started and we're at only a $20mil cap. Right now cash is rarely ever an issue. I think it's great that everyone has stayed within their limits, but there could be a case made for the fact that there's nothing to spend money on. The highest paid players get a bundle, but everyone else gets a very manageable salary that doesn't make that big of a dent in a team's overall budget. IFA would definitely change this.

vCash
    yeah but ichiro was already in last years draft lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tdog_forever View Post
    yeah but ichiro was already in last years draft lol.
    I'll be damned, I didn't even notice. That's funny. We are years away from the time he entered the league.

vCash

International Free Agents

I just don't like IFAs in general

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Why? Why would you support Diamonds in the rough but not IFA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    Why? Why would you support Diamonds in the rough but not IFA?
    I like the idea of DITR because of the original league and it was always fun? I just don't like IFAs. I don't have a strong opinion about it, if we have it I wouldn't care.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Yeah I voted Yes because I can see the commishs here working hard to improve the league. But my personal opinion is let them go to FA or add them to the draft class making the classes better. In tko having to 'bid' for the right to sign a IFA is something I hate and wont do. This league doesn't have injuries turned on(not that I am complaining) so why go realistic with this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MHoover101709 View Post
    Yeah I voted Yes because I can see the commishs here working hard to improve the league. But my personal opinion is let them go to FA or add them to the draft class making the classes better. In tko having to 'bid' for the right to sign a IFA is something I hate and wont do. This league doesn't have injuries turned on(not that I am complaining) so why go realistic with this?
    One of the main purposes of adding IFAs would be to give people a way to spend their cash (since everyone is basically maxed out right now).

vCash
    more I think about it... IFA wouldn't be such a bad Idea...
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    This is 13-7, due to metsrock changing his vote to a yes after further discussion. Randy and I will try to catch up with each other sometime soon when we're both free (which hardly ever happens) and try to iron out the details. We can implement this next season and raise the cash in conjunction.