14 87.50%
  • No

2 12.50%
  • I have no idea what that is

0 0%

Hybrid View

vCash

Diamonds In The Rough

One of the GMs from the old PSD league will have to put in some more detail about this. I was in that league for probably a dozen seasons but never paid attention to DITR. Anyway, I think this is the gist of it:

Each season Randy and I will have a designated person choose 4 random players from the draft pool that have low enough talents to be picked pretty late in the draft. These four players would be edited to boost their ratings to a point where they will be useful Major League caliber players, but not superstars. The only people that will know ahead of time who the DITR players are will be myself, Randy, and the GM that chooses them for us. Then the draft happens and they are drafted by the game in the late rounds, and we announce which players were chosen and do the edits. So who receives the players is completely randomized. This will add some more talent to the league, and contribute to what we're trying to do overall as far as stimulating the trade and FA markets and nudge the draft pools to be deeper by having the game adjust to the rise in overall league talent.

I am not in danger...I AM the danger.

vCash
    I'm with it.

vCash
    Seems kind of dumb, but I don't see any real harm to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    Seems kind of dumb, but I don't see any real harm to it.
    I agree with pl

vCash
    I love DITR.

Saying that though I am going to vote no on this as I don't really think we need anymore talent in the league. I think the talent in the league is fine, it's just impossible to get unless its via draft.

So therefore I vote no. I would rather see IFA's where we can bid on players. I would like to see ways to spend money rather than luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    I love DITR.

Saying that though I am going to vote no on this as I don't really think we need anymore talent in the league. I think the talent in the league is fine, it's just impossible to get unless its via draft.

So therefore I vote no. I would rather see IFA's where we can bid on players. I would like to see ways to spend money rather than luck.
    We're looking at implementing both, not one or the other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel529 View Post
    We're looking at implementing both, not one or the other.
    Oh I assumed that, but I still think DITR doesn't really add much to the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    Oh I assumed that, but I still think DITR doesn't really add much to the league.
    I don't think it's as beneficial as IFA would be. IFA addresses multiple things...it adds created talent which helps our goal of getting the game to nudge the depth of the draft classes higher, and makes finances in the league more relevant. I just like DITR because I think it will be fun for everyone and will still add a little bit of talent to contribute to the trade and FA markets and help the overall availability of players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel529 View Post
    I don't think it's as beneficial as IFA would be. IFA addresses multiple things...it adds created talent which helps our goal of getting the game to nudge the depth of the draft classes higher, and makes finances in the league more relevant. I just like DITR because I think it will be fun for everyone and will still add a little bit of talent to contribute to the trade and FA markets and help the overall availability of players.
    I will give you that it will be more fun.

vCash
    I'm for the Diamonds in the rough
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    So...who wants to be the random person that picks our 4 DITRs for this year once the draft class is published?

vCash
    ray: At least lemme be responsible for SOMETHING.....

vCash
    DITR is sweeeeet. I remember that from original PSD. It's like hey I have this guy that is all 20's across the board. Oh wait, he doesn't suck donkey balls anymore and I don't have to cut him. I vote yes for sure.
    St. Louis Cardinals
    St. Louis Blues
    Miami Heat
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    This obviously passed with flying colors, and we'll be implementing it with this draft. Po has been kind enough to select a few players for Randy and I.