Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    The wide 9 is a bend, dont break D. Thats why the numbers are skewed to make the D look better than it is. Anyone with 2 eyes can plainly see that any teams that want to throw against the Lions, will be able to throw, and throw easily.

Some people are happy ignoring the obvious and hiding behind numbers. Barry Bonds was the best ever! If you ignore the steroids. Matthew Stafford had one of the most successful seasons ever as a QB last year! If you ignore the ZERO playoff wins.

If I was game planning against Detroit, my pass to throw ratio would be 10:1. Guaranteed win.
    Yeah the entire D isn't that good. I seriously don't understnad why more teams haven't blown us out this year. Like I said in the last game thread, could you imagine if our offense got to play a game against our D? Seems like we'd put up 100 points.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Yeah the entire D isn't that good. I seriously don't understnad why more teams haven't blown us out this year. Like I said in the last game thread, could you imagine if our offense got to play a game against our D? Seems like we'd put up 100 points.
    Haha...I never thought of it that way, but it's almost like our offense is the perfect match against our D. Maybe the coaching staff wants the offense to look good in practices, so they've built the perfect D to build their confidence.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    just keep delmas, give him a 2-3 year deal cheap money, nbd, houston shouldnt get something hes not worth, hes a good player, just needs more supporting cast around, jonte green/chris greenwood arnt terrible, either is dwight bently, but those guys should be depth, not full time starters, bently if any should be a starter but i see him more of a nickel corner

get rid of spievey, hes not that good or keep him as ST player go out and draft eric reid, him and delmas should be a soid group of safetys both with ball hawk skills

as for another corner, id take desmond trufant, solid #2 corner behind chris houston

as for ol goes, time to rebuild the ol, reiff is a good starting tackle, get barrett jones and a guard either draft, free agency, or trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillsberry99 View Post
    just keep delmas, give him a 2-3 year deal cheap money, nbd, houston shouldnt get something hes not worth, hes a good player, just needs more supporting cast around, jonte green/chris greenwood arnt terrible, either is dwight bently, but those guys should be depth, not full time starters, bently if any should be a starter but i see him more of a nickel corner

get rid of spievey, hes not that good or keep him as ST player go out and draft eric reid, him and delmas should be a soid group of safetys both with ball hawk skills

as for another corner, id take desmond trufant, solid #2 corner behind chris houston

as for ol goes, time to rebuild the ol, reiff is a good starting tackle, get barrett jones and a guard either draft, free agency, or trade
    Is he gonna sign a cheap 2-3 yr deal, or is he another Cliff Avril?

I wouldnt be surprised if players started taking less money elsewhere to get out of Detroit.

vCash
    Clady and Byrd would be my wet dream

vCash
    The wide 9 is a bend, dont break D. Thats why the numbers are skewed to make the D look better than it is. Anyone with 2 eyes can plainly see that any teams that want to throw against the Lions, will be able to throw, and throw easily.

Some people are happy ignoring the obvious and hiding behind numbers. Barry Bonds was the best ever! If you ignore the steroids. Matthew Stafford had one of the most successful seasons ever as a QB last year! If you ignore the ZERO playoff wins.

If I was game planning against Detroit, my pass to throw ratio would be 10:1. Guaranteed win.
    just like your ignoring that none of the top CBs have been to a SB..

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    just like your ignoring that none of the top CBs have been to a SB..
    That's a coincidental stat, if it is even true. It does not mean that corners are insignificant, or that Detroit's bad secondary has nothing to do with their personnel.

If 100 walk down the street and none of them are wearing blue hats, it does not mean that people with blue hats can't walk down streets.

vCash
    I don't care what the stats say, our secondary is garbage. You can't make a compelling argument to keep it together because its been different every game. Who would we keep together?

The young guys could develop but we need starters ahead of them. I want 2 new safeties, 2 solid corners and 2-3 new LBs.

And a new coach.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    we'll have to see who gets resigned and who walks. That will affect who we go after.

Personally i hope avril settles for less money & stays in det. I want houston to resign, I draft another db and acquire a serviceable #2 db. I want delmas on the cheap with an injury clause and canceling his season tickets to the Injury report.

I want to draft a speedster RB to compliment leshoure (since i don't see any vis FA), and a established vet #2 wr.

i think we'll sign gos for more than what the fans think he's worth and we'll draft OL help in the second rd.Backus will probably play LT one more year then slide over to LG OR RT.

LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    That's a coincidental stat, if it is even true. It does not mean that corners are insignificant, or that Detroit's bad secondary has nothing to do with their personnel.

If 100 walk down the street and none of them are wearing blue hats, it does not mean that people with blue hats can't walk down streets.
    no but it means CB is a extremely overrated position.. they might help you win but you do not need grate ones to win... that's the point... you are acting like its the be all end all of football 101...

you are using terms like "gaping" as if we have the worst pass D in the history of the game... when we are one of the best this year by the stats..

I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I don't care what the stats say, our secondary is garbage. You can't make a compelling argument to keep it together because its been different every game. Who would we keep together?

The young guys could develop but we need starters ahead of them. I want 2 new safeties, 2 solid corners and 2-3 new LBs.

And a new coach.
    agine saying bad and garbige.. is one thing...

gspping is a completly difrent..

the talent level of our CBs is fain it the injures that kill us... and our only goood S only playing 1/2 the game..

thats something that is proven you need S.. not CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    no but it means CB is a extremely overrated position.. they might help you win but you do not need grate ones to win... that's the point... you are acting like its the be all end all of football 101...

you are using terms like "gaping" as if we have the worst pass D in the history of the game... when we are one of the best this year by the stats..
    Stop hiding behind stats. Did you not see Atlanta just throw bombs against our awesome corners last night? Or we're you too busy reading stats? They suck. So do stats.

vCash
    Stop hiding behind stats. Did you not see Atlanta just throw bombs against our awesome corners last night? Or we're you too busy reading stats? They suck. So do stats.
    stop putting words in my mouth... i never said there where awesome..

you on the other hand said there was "gapping" holes there.. and that is a moronic statement

stats dont lie nearly as much as the eye... yes last night was one of the worst games they ever-played.. but most if not all the rest of the games where nothing like that... players get burnt it happens.. Huston gave up his 1st TD just last night(according to him that is) he is statistically one of the best CBs in the game this year... you and a few other treat him like he is a avg nickle CB tho.. try watching a hole game and remember the good plays.. not just the crap ones maybe then you will understand how crazy you are sounding

i really fail to see how we have gaping holes at CB...

vCash
    Houston said in a postgame interview that Roddy was the first play to score a TD on him last season and now the first this season... I thought he had given up 1td? I guess he didint think so..

vCash
    i did to... i think he is at 3.. he thinks he is at 2... w/e the case is he did play bad this game... tryied to hard to beat his former team i think.. and over thinked ever thing

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast