Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We're keeping suh, period.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    So, this may not be the thread for this question....
    But what is the general opinion on what do we need to fix the Lions? What went wrong this season? is it players? coaches? Play calling? or did the opposition just prepare better for them?

Did the players lose faith in the staff? I know there were 2 games that bad calls cost them the W. That has to weigh on a player.
    I go back to watching my beloved Leafs... when the goalie lets in a weak goal. As a player, you gotta lose your drive a bit... you play your a@@ off only to lose on a bad call.

Is Schwartz the problem or the solution?
    We all know that the Fords will show loyalty and stick it out... (i am still trying to black out the Millen years in my head).

thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8shooter View Post
    But what is the general opinion on what do we need to fix the Lions? What went wrong this season? is it players? coaches? Play calling? or did the opposition just prepare better for them?

Did the players lose faith in the staff? I know there were 2 games that bad calls cost them the W. That has to weigh on a player.
    I go back to watching my beloved Leafs... when the goalie lets in a weak goal. As a player, you gotta lose your drive a bit... you play your a@@ off only to lose on a bad call.

We all know that the Fords will show loyalty and stick it out... (i am still trying to black out the Millen years in my head).

thoughts?
    I know that feeling all to well....

I think its a combination of everything. Lack of ST (both returning and giving up returns) and lack of defensive/ST TDs is hurting us. We've been so close in every game and it just seems we haven't got the lucky bounces.

And now, I just think we're so depleted (9 starters on IR) that we just don't have the skill to win games now.

Playcalling doesn't help any, but the execution is also lacking on both sides of the ball.

vCash

thoughts?
    our main thing is we need a OC and ST coach worth a dam... we need a HC the wil disaplen his players

we have/had the talent this year to win it all we are one of the most talented teams in the leage..

but be it scheam leader ship or w/e we cant get it to gether.. i would say S is our biggest hole but we dont have any gaping holes like we have had in the pass

we need so much but so little at the same time b/c we have no clue how FA will go like 1/2 our team is a FA
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    The problem is the Lions have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever built the team the way you are supposed to: from the lines out. You start in the trenches, then add the playmakers. The Fords are businessmen. They know that linemen don;t fill seats and sell jerseys, so they make sure that the fans have a shiny new Barry, Stafford or Calvin to watch. Until the Lions start the season with a GOOD offensive line, and a GOOD defensive line, there is no hope in D-town.

If they grab a pro-bowl possible starting lineman in FA, a veteran centre who isnt Raiola and draft a legitmate pass rushing threat (not a lazy, money hungry Avril who could have had a huge career playing next to Suh & Fairley), then the groundwork is laid for success.

Of course, there are still gaping holes in the secondary, but the lines need to be great, otherwise you're left with a hall of fame running back and no rings, or a hall of fame wide receiver with no rings.

STAFFORD THE LEADER

Sliding a yard short on 4th down because he's too afraid to take a hit.

vCash
    i hardley cal our secondary gaping... i isnt perfect but its far from the worst..

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    i hardley cal our secondary gaping... i isnt perfect but its far from the worst..
    Jonte Green is gonna shut down Julio tomorrow night.

STAFFORD THE LEADER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    also not what i said...

houston is above avg num 1 contray to what most of you like to think...

and green has played very well for a rookie

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

vCash
    You must not watch the games. Green as a rookie has been playing fine. Like det32 said our secondary isn't horrible as everyone thinks it is. It's just that we need another player like Houston that you can expect a good game each time he steps on the field. Also our whole entire secondary has got the most injuries in the NFL and it's not even close.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash

thoughts?

To be quite honest it's everything O line not doing there job good enough for run game. Secondary sucks and I dont care if they been banged up so what other teams have been too. Defensive scheme sucks and this team has no leaders on or off the field. Owner ship dont wanna win thats why we only get stud players when we draft cause our record sucks.

When we make trades or get free agents we never go after the known play makers we needed recievers we could have signed burress and owens but no we sign robinske and dunham or durham what ever his name is.

and coaching lol last year was a fluke we got lucky. Jim schwartz got us as far as he could but his time ticking but with our owners he may ruin this team another 10yrs.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    You must not watch the games. Green as a rookie has been playing fine. Like det32 said our secondary isn't horrible as everyone thinks it is. It's just that we need another player like Houston that you can expect a good game each time he steps on the field. Also our whole entire secondary has got the most injuries in the NFL and it's not even close.
    Leaving a gaping hole. It happens every year.

Julio will destroy our secondary. They are garbage. I know there are stats that say otherwise, but I also know that Champ Bailey back there instead of Green, Lacey or whatever other scrub they throw in there, and we are a MUCH better defense. A defense good enough to win the games our current D cant.

STAFFORD THE LEADER

vCash
    Leaving a gaping hole. It happens every year.

Julio will destroy our secondary. They are garbage. I know there are stats that say otherwise, but I also know that Champ Bailey back there instead of Green, Lacey or whatever other scrub they throw in there, and we are a MUCH better defense. A defense good enough to win the games our current D cant.
    what people dont like to hear is stud CBs dont win you champs.. rives aso champ have never been to a SB.. champ has a shot this year but only b/c of PM..

you dont draft based on ingreys.. we are obviously cursed at the position..

i would be fine with houston bentley and green next year.. let levy walk..and replace him with some that has 1/2 a brain.. get a S worth a dam and we be fine

we still dont have a gaping hole.. Houston is still there

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

vCash
    Sėmply put, if Jacob Lacey & Don Carey are in your secondary starting.... it isn't good.

#HandItOnly2Bell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    what people dont like to hear is stud CBs dont win you champs.. rives aso champ have never been to a SB.. champ has a shot this year but only b/c of PM..

you dont draft based on ingreys.. we are obviously cursed at the position..

i would be fine with houston bentley and green next year.. let levy walk..and replace him with some that has 1/2 a brain.. get a S worth a dam and we be fine

we still dont have a gaping hole.. Houston is still there
    Marino doesnt have a ring, does that mean we should cut Stafford because good QBs dont win Super Bowls?

STAFFORD THE LEADER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Sėmply put, if Jacob Lacey & Don Carey are in your secondary starting.... it isn't good.
    Thank you, I was starting to think I was alone on this painfully obvious point.

STAFFORD THE LEADER

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast