Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    haha, I had an interesting encounter with Devin Thomas.
    tell us tell us

19 Rec - 329 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    I read that Thomas was playing gunner for the Giants (I think) before he was cut so that might be the reason why they are bringing him in.

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    The Lions as of right now are projected at 1.1 mil over the cap. That's expected with tenders to our restricted FAs, but no deals to our UFAs. My best solution to clear cap space is to cut Jahvid Best, Nate Burleson, Dominic Raiola, and Kyle Vanden Bosch, re-structure the deals of Matthew Stafford and Ndamukong Suh, and trade the likes of Shaun Hill and Titus Young. Tender a cheap deal to Avril, meaning that when he likely signs elsewhere we receive a 3rd round pick. If we could get a 4th for Shaun Hill and a 6th for Titus Young, all the wheeling and dealing would send us to approimately 35 under the cap. 8 mil would most likely take care of the rookie contracts, so 27 mil then to re-sign our own guys and sign anyone else. Bring back Houston and Houston only as far as the starters go. Re-signing our backups along with him and we're looking at maybe 14 mil left with signing the minimum. Sign Michael Johnson to a deal worth $7.5 mil the first year (escalate over the contract), and sign Jairus Byrd to a deal worth $6.5 mil the first year.
    Draft then:
    1. Dee Milliner CB Bama
    2. Barrett Jones OC/OG Bama
    3. Bacarri Rambo SS Georgia
    3. (Comp. for Avril) Arthur Brown OLB KSU
    4. (Comp. for Wright) Tank Carradine DE FSU
    4. (Trade for Hill) Johnathan Brown OLB Illinois
    5. EJ Manuel QB FSU
    6. Brad Wing P LSU
    6. (Trade for Young) Quinton Patton WR LA Tech
    7. Mike Gillislee RB Florida
    7. (Comp.) Mike Sturgis K Florida

That's literally 4 defensive starters, 1 offensive starter, possibly 2, and 3 new special teams starters

Offense:
    Stafford-LeShoure-Megatron-Broyles-Thomas/Patton*-Pettigrew/Scheffler
    Backus-Sims-Jones*-Peterman-Reiff

Defense:
    Johnson**-Suh-Fairley-Jackson/Young
    A.Brown*-Tulloch-J.Brown*
    Milliner*-Byrd**-Rambo*-Houston

Special Teams:
    K Mike Sturgis*
    P Brad Wing*
    PR Mike Gillislee*
    KR Mike Gillislee*

Gillislee could wind up being the fastest player in the draft. He's a low 4.3, high 4.2 40 guy, a shifty returner, and with developing could fill the Jahvid Best role on offense. Wing and Sturgis fill our kicking spots for years to come, the Browns take both OLB spots with Whitehead and Lewis competing for those positions, Byrd, Milliner, and Rambo add a combination of ball hawking ability with big hitting. Johnson is a cheaper Avril, and Carradine was solid opposite Werner at FSU. Raiola's $5 mil salary is too much for one of the worst centers in the league. Jones is an instant improvement, and Reiff easily slides into Cherilus's spot for a year before potentially moving to LT in '14 and drafting a new RT. We can make do without Young and Burleson, and Stafford still has plenty of targets with CJ, Patton, Broyles, Thomas, Scheffler, and Pettigrew
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    2013 Free Agent Running Backs

Cedric Benson, Green Bay
    Peyton Hillis, Kansas City
    Felix Jones, Dallas
    Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh
    Danny Woodhead, New England
    Chris Ivory, New Orleans (Restricted)
    Reggie Bush, Miami
    Bernard Scott, Cincinnati Bengals
    Shonn Greene, New York Jets
    Steven Jackson, St. Louis

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    I think bush will get paid more than than we can afford.
    I'd seriously look at Chris ivory. Depends on what we'd have to give up to get him.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I think bush will get paid more than than we can afford.
    I'd seriously look at Chris ivory. Depends on what we'd have to give up to get him.
    I think we're better off with LeShoure, Bell, and drafting either Barner (5th round) or Gillislee (7th round). Both are 4.25-4.35 guys out of the back field, great pass catchers, and shifty returners. People keep wondering when Mayhew will strike gold in the 5-7th rounds, there's your answer. You run LeShoure out on 1st and 2nd, and can go shotgun 3 WR, with 2 RBs, Bell and Barner. Then all of a sudden you have LBs worrying about matching up with a 4.3 RB, while Bell could also take a screen or draw play
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    I'm glad Chip Kelly didn't sign anywhere this season...

When Schartz is fired next offseason I could see him being interested in the Lions. I think he is willing to adapt his scheme to the personnel and I could see him wanting to work with a young QB with a big arm and an elite talent at WR.

He signed with philly! thank god because i dont want his Offense, wont work long term in NFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baragalionsfan View Post
    He signed with philly! thank god because i dont want his Offense, wont work long term in NFL
    Idk I actually think with the right defensive mind to help him it could work. New England has used bits and pieces of Kelly's uptempo offense for years and it's worked for them. His whole scheme won't translate, but the tempo he wants to force can be similar to the Saints offense. To me if he finds the right QB for his scheme, he already has the WR-types (speedy in Jackson and Maclin) and RBs in McCoy and Brown it's gonna look like a hybrid between the Patriots' offensive tempo and the Redskins' college-style run offense. I like it.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportzfreak9303 View Post
    I think we're better off with LeShoure, Bell, and drafting either Barner (5th round) or Gillislee (7th round). Both are 4.25-4.35 guys out of the back field, great pass catchers, and shifty returners. People keep wondering when Mayhew will strike gold in the 5-7th rounds, there's your answer. You run LeShoure out on 1st and 2nd, and can go shotgun 3 WR, with 2 RBs, Bell and Barner. Then all of a sudden you have LBs worrying about matching up with a 4.3 RB, while Bell could also take a screen or draw play
    I don't follow college all that much but a shifty 4.25 rb who can catch & return punts?? Hell yea, that's exactly what we need.

vCash
    Idk if he's that fast but he's at least in the 4.3s and is a powerful little guy

What do yall think about Antoine Cason. Him Houston green Bentley greenwood. I feel that's decent and better
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    Idk if he's that fast but he's at least in the 4.3s and is a powerful little guy

What do yall think about Antoine Cason. Him Houston green Bentley greenwood. I feel that's decent and better
    Eh, I'm ok with that, but I feel like if we're going to spend money in FA on a CB, go all out and get a top-notch one. If not, then draft with your 1st pick. I'm tired of either entirely ignoring the position or bringing in so-so guys. Bring some top-notch talent in for once.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I don't follow college all that much but a shifty 4.25 rb who can catch & return punts?? Hell yea, that's exactly what we need.
    yeah, the only reason he's not higher than a projected 6-7th round pick is because he's a smaller back so teams see him as strictly a 3rd down if that kinda guy, and a return man. But I'm perfectly ok with that, cause that's what we're looking for: a playmaker in the return game, and a 3rd down back that is a homerun threat on screens, draws, and coming outta the backfield
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportzfreak9303 View Post
    yeah, the only reason he's not higher than a projected 6-7th round pick is because he's a smaller back so teams see him as strictly a 3rd down if that kinda guy, and a return man. But I'm perfectly ok with that, cause that's what we're looking for: a playmaker in the return game, and a 3rd down back that is a homerun threat on screens, draws, and coming outta the backfield
    Exactly, we saw what happens when you use little guys as every down backs ie. javid best

vCash
    A few plays or designs from his O could work but ultimately it has to change to a more pro stye to have long term success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baragalionsfan View Post
    A few plays or designs from his O could work but ultimately it has to change to a more pro stye to have long term success.
    he has already said that he is not going to take the Ducks playbook and slap eagles on it. He is going to try to run an up tempo offense similiar to the pats because its based around his philosophy

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast