Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    if the plus isnt one of the super 3 yes all day.

vCash
    I would trade Shark and Baez for Upton and one of their less touted pitching prospects (Holmberg/Chafin) in a heartbeat. Castro, Rizzo, Upton

EDIT: Actually with their rotation depth I assume maybe they would include Daniel Hudson or Cahill. With more pieces from us coming back as well.
    Last edited by OldStyleCubbies; 12-29-2012 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Team has stepped up efforts to close Bourn deal... Rangers, White Sox have had DeJesus conversations...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I could Upton for Samardzija+
    Honestly(higher on Shark than you are), I wouldn't do that. Each has 3 years of control left, Shark's will come much cheaper. Of course, I think Shark has upside left, which is my reasoning, while you prefer selling high obviously. Texas could fill both their OF and SP needs in a trade with Arizona and it'd leave us out in the cold, if they'd part with Profar(which I doubt they'll do). Possibly a Profar/Perez for Upton/Kennedy framework. Arizona has Kennedy, Hudson, McCarthy, Cahill, Corbin, Skaggs, and Miley. I kind of figure one gets dealt before the season starts.

vCash
    Soriano + Bourn + Upton =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw

I would trade Shark and Baez for Upton and Corbin or Daniel Hudson, who seems to be forgotten (not without reason - shoulder issues).

vCash
    I could Upton for Samardzija+
    I'd do that but I think I would need to extend Garza first due to the relatively weak 2014 FA class, pitching wise.

Daniel Hudson, man I forgot about him. He or Corbin would be nice gets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Team has stepped up efforts to close Bourn deal... Rangers, White Sox have had DeJesus conversations...
    Ty... If they close out the deal on Bourn and say trade DeJesus. Any chance they trade for Upton?

vCash
    Any truth to what Bowden said yesterday about a deal being on the table for Soriano with the Phils, who are waiting out Bourn before moving on it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    Honestly(higher on Shark than you are), I wouldn't do that. Each has 3 years of control left, Shark's will come much cheaper. Of course, I think Shark has upside left, which is my reasoning, while you prefer selling high obviously. Texas could fill both their OF and SP needs in a trade with Arizona and it'd leave us out in the cold, if they'd part with Profar(which I doubt they'll do). Possibly a Profar/Perez for Upton/Kennedy framework. Arizona has Kennedy, Hudson, McCarthy, Cahill, Corbin, Skaggs, and Miley. I kind of figure one gets dealt before the season starts.
    I believe Upton has upside as well. If the Cubs could do Shark plus maybe Lake and a C level pitching prospect for Upton I would do it immediately. THen sign Bourn and you are good to go into the 2013 season to compete.

vCash
    Soriano + Bourn + Upton =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw

I would trade Shark and Baez for Upton and Corbin or Daniel Hudson, who seems to be forgotten (not without reason - shoulder issues).
    If you put Skaggs in the SP spot of that trade, I'd probably be down with it. Evidently, I'm higher on Shark than most or maybe even more than I should be.

vCash
    1. I don't think you're higher on Shark than me so much as you are way less realistic on his future. You've already called him a 5 WAR arm before, which he has not come close to and projecting that off of one season is excessive at best. I was praising Samardzija's progress when most Cubs fans were calling for his lynching or w/e, and was on him being a starter candidate from the start. This has nothing to do with being higher on him and everything to do with making the overall roster better. The Cubs would be a better team with a 26/27/28 year old Justin Upton in the lineup everyday than they would be with a 28/29/30 year old Samardzija taking the mound every 5th day.

2. Cheaper means nothing to me when we're talking this kind of talent, absolutely nothing.

3. Why would the D'Backs want Perez? To a lesser extent since he's not terrible, why would Texas want Kennedy as their top of the rotation acquisition?

vCash
    Dejesus for Luke Jackson and Nicholas Tepesch

...(whispers) Dejesus for Olt or Dejesus for Perez...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason44 View Post
    Ty... If they close out the deal on Bourn and say trade DeJesus. Any chance they trade for Upton?
    Unlikely either way... Both sides have tried to make it work- Towers and Theo had lengthy conversation at the WM (at the time, majority speculated it was mostly close friends catching up, however recently it's come out otherwise)
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Not sure how much they're into it but I would love to grab Cahill from the D'Backs...I've become a pretty big fan of him, Masterson, and Porcello amongst young sinkerballers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    Any truth to what Bowden said yesterday about a deal being on the table for Soriano with the Phils, who are waiting out Bourn before moving on it?
    Was true as of a couple weeks ago... No idea now however...
    Ombudsman

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast