Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I operate under the idea that any player rumored to the cubs is going to some where else
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    ^ Agreed. (to Ron!n's post)

vCash
    For the right price and the right role (platoon 3B against LHs), Inge would be alright. IIRC Valbuena hits lefties pretty well so maybe not.

Fingers crossed on Jackson since I both like him and the team really needs someone like him.

What else...Oh yeah, make a trade for a healthy young arm who can handle innings as well as get GBs and/or K's. Also, please land a long term CF so the legend that Brett Jackson or David DeJesus can be used in a trade (preferably DeJesus in this case). The SP part can wait until mid-season even, but I would like a CF at least to go with a Jackson signing.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-19-2012 at 06:03 PM.

vCash
    Angels just dealt Morales to Seattle. Thank god. That'll end the "Jackson + prospect for Trumbo!!" posts around here.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Love that trade for Seattle. Vargas is terrible outside of Safeco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    Love that trade for Seattle. Vargas is terrible outside of Safeco.
    Problem is I don't think Morales will be very good inside of Safeco, himself.

Though end result, I'd rather have Morales than Vargas, myself.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Who was suggesting a Jackson + prospect (Jackson is a prospect anyway) here?

vCash
    I'm guessing that means Bourjos is staying.

vCash
    Seattle going hard after Bourn... Adding Moralas and Bourn to a line up with Seager, Triunfel, Ackley and Montero would at the very least be interesting... Starting pitching still solid, bounce back year from Bay or an actual productive season out of Smoak and this team could surprise a bit...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Well they have Hamilton, Trout, Bourjos, Trumbo, Albert for the 3 OF, 1st and DH. But I feel the Angels could have got more than Vargas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Seattle going hard after Bourn... Adding Moralas and Bourn to a line up with Seager, Triunfel, Ackley and Montero would at the very least be interesting... Starting pitching still solid, bounce back year from Bay or an actual productive season out of Smoak and this team could surprise a bit...
    Damn, I was hoping we were serious about Bourn. I like him as a somewhat longterm fix in CF and leadoff spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRoy View Post
    Well they have Hamilton, Trout, Bourjos, Trumbo, Albert for the 3 OF, 1st and DH. But I feel the Angels could have got more than Vargas
    Not picking on you directly...but I always chuckle when this is said. I promise you that it being still only December, the Angels were in no rush to make a deal- they identified players they wanted and landed one- not likely they could have received 'more' than what they did or they would have held onto him...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRoy View Post
    I think it's just the opposite. I think the Angels could have gotten more for Morales.

3.45 career ERA at Safeco
    5.24 away from Safeco

Other than that he can eat innings, Vargas is terrible.

vCash
    Not picking on you directly...but I always chuckle when this is said. I promise you that it being still only December, the Angels were in no rush to make a deal- they identified players they wanted and landed one- not likely they could have received 'more' than what they did or they would have held onto him...
    On one hand, I'm sure they identified Varags....it's just hard to understand why. Usually a fly ball pitcher, poor K rates, poor DIPS, poor HR/FB rates. Really...he's just a poor pitcher.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Well just going off pre-injury he was a solid 300/350/550 player. I understand that he almost missed 2 years and I also realize that if they traded him, they thought that it was the best deal for them that fit their needs. Im just suprised a team like Houston who needs a DH and 1st didn't make an offer that would have been better. (I guess that Angels are in a win now, and Houston doesn't have any ML talent on their roster.)

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast