Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think Seattle would pick the "now with Felix" option. There's lots of pressure on them to win something right now. Most kids are up anyway with Seager, Ackley, Montero, and even Smoak all still having some impact ML upside.

They'll buy Felix in FA if he hits, but I think the trade guy is Price if/when that situation plays out. Theo has tried to trade for Felix once, which was heavily reported despite almost everyone getting in on that.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-20-2012 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Samardzija for Hultzen, Franklin, and Pryor would end world hunger. Love Hultzen...
    You like him more than Walker or just don't think they'd deal him? Personally(big on Shark obviously), it'd take Walker, Hultzen(who I'm not THAT high on myself), AND Franklin to move him. Eh, thats too much, replace Hultzen with Mauer or Paxton, I guess. That said, I'd still much prefer to keep Shark and trade Garza, once desperation kicks in for the teams that have watched us nab 4 while sitting on their hands.

vCash
    I really want Bourn, but at the same time he's risky. A 30 year old guy who's biggest asset is his speed is a risk. Soriano stole 42 bases in 06 at age 31 right before we have him a huge contract. We all know what happened there.

If we can keep it at 4 years though I'd love it. Almora called up in 2015, plays left for a year or so then moves to center in 2017. Boom

vCash
    If we can sign Bourn, then we will have plenty of suitors for both DeJesus and Soriano with limited FA options out there. Similar to what we just did in taking Jackson and Villanueva off the market in the same day. Now the teams who would have wanted these guys might look at Shark and Garza as options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    I really want Bourn, but at the same time he's risky. A 30 year old guy who's biggest asset is his speed is a risk. Soriano stole 42 bases in 06 at age 31 right before we have him a huge contract. We all know what happened there.

If we can keep it at 4 years though I'd love it. Almora called up in 2015, plays left for a year or so then moves to center in 2017. Boom
    There's a difference. Soriano's speed stopped primarily due to injury.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I think Seattle would pick the "now with Felix" option. There's lots of pressure on them to win something right now. Most kids are up anyway with Seager, Ackley, Montero, and even Smoak all still having some impact ML upside.

They'll buy Felix in FA if he hits, but I think the trade guy is Price if/when that situation plays out. Theo has tried to trade for Felix once, which was heavily reported despite almost everyone getting in on that.
    I'm not 100% on this, but didn't they offer Felix a 5/100 extension and he turned it down? Again, I'm a bit foggy and want them to deal him, so maybe I'm not remembering it right. At any rate, I hate saying this, but I honestly see one of him or Price as a Cub entering next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    I'm not 100% on this, but didn't they offer Felix a 5/100 extension and he turned it down? Again, I'm a bit foggy and want them to deal him, so maybe I'm not remembering it right. At any rate, I hate saying this, but I honestly see one of him or Price as a Cub entering next season.
    Why would you hate to say that? If we get Felix or Price, I'd think anyone would be ecstatic.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    There's a difference. Soriano's speed stopped primarily due to injury.
    right, which is possible for Bourn too correct? at least Soriano still has power potential. Bourn loses speed asset and his value greatly diminshes

vCash
    Whats great about the E-Jax move and possibly a Bourn move is that we likely see their version of dual fronts coming into play: Corner or finish off a market, then hold other teams at bay, until they overpay us for the guys we don't see here longterm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    right, which is possible for Bourn too correct? at least Soriano still has power potential. Bourn loses speed asset and his value greatly diminshes
    Okay, yes, it's possible, but it's possible for anyone to get hurt. We got unlucky with Soriano, but that doesn't mean it will happen to every 30 year old. Look at Juan Pierre.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    Why would you hate to say that? If we get Felix or Price, I'd think anyone would be ecstatic.
    I'd be ecstatic too man, the part I hate is expecting it, instead of just hoping for it. But obviously, getting one of those guys is something any Cub fan has at the very top(side by side with Stanton) on their wishlist.

vCash
    It seems like Wood is the most likely SP to get dealt at this point. Maybe he can be packaged with DeJesus in a deal with Seattle. They just lost Vargas, and Wood could replace him in the rotation as a LHP. I think he could be pretty good in spacious Safeco Field, and we already know they are interested in DeJesus. I think that could bring back some solid prospects. Maybe one of their secondary SP like Maurer.
    Last edited by Cubsfan365; 12-20-2012 at 09:43 PM.

vCash
    For me to move Shark to Seattle on that it would have to be for Walker+ IMO

I like Hultzen but I like Walker a lot more. I would probably take either though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    With the Jackson signing I'm going to upgrade the Cubs from "darkhorse" to "in the mix" for Bourn.
    Any idea what kind of deal they are offering?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    the more i think about it, trading one of garza/shark sounds a lot better if we land a masterson, holland, or porcello. else the whole rotation is pitching out of realistic slot... i.e.

either Shark or Garza
    Jackson
    Villanueva
    Baker/Wood
    Feldman/Viz

that isnt very deep considering pen to rotation guys and injuries.
    Sell high on 3 guys (Shark, Soriano, Barney)that had good seasons last year? Probably best imo.

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast