Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't know how big of a fan of Tulo I am.

13:$10M, 14:$16M, 15-19:$20M annually, 20:$14M, 21:$15M club option ($4M buyout)

He's 28 for the 2013 season and will be signed through age 35. He's also had injury problems already, which most likely will not go away as he ages, especially at a position like 3b, which seems to be physically demanding.
    Last edited by gaughan333; 12-19-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycruz92 View Post
    saw on mlb network that if the rockies were to deal Tulo Ripken suggested Lynn+Shelby Miller (way undervalued in my opinion). I'd love for Tulo to man 3B for us and i'd be willing to pay a high price. If that trade scenario were true im sure we could offer either Shark/Garza + multiple specs most likely 2-3 pitching specs to get it done (shark being under more years of control and being a better pitcher than lynn)
    There is no way the Cards give up Lynn and Miller. I love Tulo, he's great with the bat and the glove, but the man can't stay healthy and he is signed super long term. I don't think there's anyways his body holds up for the duration of that contract. I'd be willing to take that financial risk but not for anywhere near that type of return.

vCash
    I think Coors Field Tulo might be the best player in baseball. I'm sure he'd still be a top player playing half of his games at Wrigley. Call me crazy, but he's one of the few guys (the only guy?) who I'd be willing to acquire and force Starlin to move positions. And I'm a firm believer, under normal circumstances, Starlin should remain at SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I don't know how big of a fan of Tulo I am.

13:$10M, 14:$16M, 15-19:$20M annually, 20:$14M, 21:$15M club option ($4M buyout)

He's 28 for the 2013 season and will be signed through age 35. He's also had injury problems already, which most likely will not go away as he ages, especially at a position like 3b, which seems to be physically demanding.
    That really isn't that bad of a contract though looking at it. Personally, I think he would have a much better chance of staying healthy at 3b then at SS. It is a physically demanding position but it would reduce the amount he has to utilize his range and mobility, decreasing his chance of injury IMO. I think Tulo would actually benefit from a move to 3b.

I brought him up a couple weeks ago before the meetings I would love to get him at the right price and shift him to 3b. I've always been a big fan of his.

I think the Rockies will wait another year before the seriously entertain the idea of trading him though. They need Trevor Story (personal favorite prospect) to develop another year, so they have a better idea of what he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    I think Coors Field Tulo might be the best player in baseball. I'm sure he'd still be a top player playing half of his games at Wrigley. Call me crazy, but he's one of the few guys (the only guy?) who I'd be willing to acquire and force Starlin to move positions. And I'm a firm believer, under normal circumstances, Starlin should remain at SS.
    You could make that argument if he stays healthy. SS with his bat are rare which is why I love the idea of Baez sticking at SS or moving to 2b rather than 3b because his bat would have max value at SS or 2b.

vCash
    I have a lot of issues with a guy who is getting hurt in his twenties and signed through his mid 30's
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    SS is like RB in the NFL. Don't buy it after it's established if you can avoid it, because it's already heading down the very short age curve.

vCash
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...i-injury-prone

article talking about some of his injuries. i mean theo pulls of deals for guys that we thought weren't even on our radar so this could be a huge move to help us now and later

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I have a lot of issues with a guy who is getting hurt in his twenties and signed through his mid 30's
    Understandable, which admittedly I have plenty of concerns about as well. One of the reasons why I wouldn't give up an elite package for him.

vCash

2012 Free Agent and Trade Ideas Thread 19

Anyone else interested in Brandon Inge?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHI_Fan412 View Post
    Not even a little.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHI_Fan412 View Post
    nope

vCash
    I'm interested in Inge. Just on a very cheap deal to platoon with Stewart at 3rd.

He can hit lefties a little bit and is decent defensively. Two years removed from an .817 OPS vs. LHP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHI_Fan412:24795937
    nope kelly johson.

vCash
    Can we not act as if the Edwin Jackson deal is done? Until its official its only going to be more heartbreak.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast