Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    IMO it's because he plays for the Lakers. If the best player since Jordan played for a small market team, people would like them better. People in society these days are just haters for some reason, meaning they just don't like winners for the most part, especially when they play for the team that has won the most titles in the past 30 years.
    BINGO

just like i said if a 'backuptype' player was on a small market and mirrorimage of JORDAN(so called GOAT) he would get laughed at and look at as a MELOtype or worse, good-great scorer who cant get out of first rd(see 05-07),so who would care right? so why would i just all of a sudden boost him up because of 5rings? he still was a backup and still started on allstar teams before his regular season LAKER squad, when and how does a 'franchise' player get away with that

now imagine if his whole career was like that, do you see the perception diff.? or are we all just some 'haters'

thats the thing with this KOBE guy, hes closest thing to JORDAN according to LAKERfiens but was a backupguard to JONES and BYRON ...yea i get it thats the making of the 2nd best player since JORDAN....dont forget the 5rings to make it even more foggy

nobody hates KOBE, its the fiens who spew it so its the perception that people hate him for not agreeing with the fiens

but to those who actually play bball and take it serious, its comedy as hell over the yrs to watch him stick his tongue out to pump fisting to walking to talking to playing just like the oldman3peat JORDAN, he got that down pat...but it doesnt make him closest to JORDAN ,just makes him a gimmick mirror image who got away with it playing in bigmarket and the league needed a MJ gimmick since he did make the league like 90pct of its profit $$$ in the 90's alone....nobody could have gotten away with this in any other market except LA/maybe BEANTOWN....

for the last time go find me a top 5-10 player ever who was a backup player starting on allstar teams but not for its regular season squad, and was a 'franchise' player

what franchise player rides the pine? what developing player rides the pine? what kind of champion says no to a bottom feeder but yes to a stacked squad? very easy ?'s to answer, especially if you actually play the game, on any level

this how KOBE fiens sum his career up

96-99 = he was too young and HARRIS was too stupid to play him so he lost his job, but last i checked dont you compete in training camp for starting position/rotation spot? He was also player of yr and a lottery pick so its not like he wasnt nba ready, or should he have gone to DUKE to 'develop'?

2000-04 = he was playing 2nd fiddle to SHAQ and in 2003 he finally reached SHAQ's level, after 7yrs in.....another ? to all you fiens, why wasnt he 2nd fiddle to SHAQ from 96-99?

05-10 = hes the best player by far in league, he won 2 scoring titles and 2rings in this span, but couldnt get past 1st rd preGASOL, postSHAQ from -5-07

10-12 = Doing what he did since 96............score(shoot), and getting even more props for it, congrats

he always needed a no1(SHAQ/GASOL) and now NASH/HOWARD, because last i checked he was a sidekick(according to him) and got tired of it and wanted to force himself into ALPHA position instead of being himself, he wanted to be JORDAN....im not knocking him for needing/wanting a no.1 option, its just that he proved to me he was a sidekick in that PHX series up 3-1...he pulled a TMAC and got a pass for it

If KOBE would have manned up and went to so called small market on draft day then it would have been 05-07 for 17yrs yrs instead of 3yrs and we all know how thats working out for MELO right,up til this yr

KOBE dissed SMUSH/BROWN for being scrubs while players like AI/BRON took those calilber type players to FINALS,only to lose but still impressive

to me KOBE will always be the backupguard turned starter who did a youtube rant vid dissing his mates/GM and told PHIL he was tired of being a sidekick

He went from SUPERSTAR sidekick to SUPERSTARalltime status yrs later, what a wonderful world we live in

KOBE is respected by us for his hardworkethic from being a backupguard, hes also mad overrated by his fiens
    Last edited by 3RDASYSTEM; 12-19-2012 at 10:42 AM.

vCash
    Kobe sells the 3rd most jerseys in the NBA. He has more than enough fans and doesn't need defending.

And just because Kobe is a historically great player does not mean he is above reproach and criticism.

Whether it's slacking on Defense, whining to officials, or going all hero ball and freezing out his team mates in specific games, it is perfectly within the rights of fans to criticize specific things he does on the courts.

It's perfectly consistent to respect Kobe's game while being unhappy with specific aspects.

As for personal dislike of Kobe, that's every fan's right. It's doubtful many (if any) posters personally know Kobe, so they can only make judgements of him personally based upon impressions from the media and his in-game demeanor.

Maybe those judgements of his personal character aren't always fair (in BOTH directions), but fans have the right to see the players (and ANY public personality) as they see fit.

So stop asking why. Fan boys and haters just go with the territory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Because Gasol was MVP of the two finals he won without shaq. Kobe was always number 2. He may go down in the 20-25 range in the all time best for me, but thats being nice. He's an inefficient chucker who has always been overrated on D.

-Andrew32
    this is y and people give him more credit than he deserves when it was clearly Pau and Shaq that got him rings
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RDASYSTEM View Post
    BINGO

just like i said if a 'backuptype' player was on a small market and mirrorimage of JORDAN(so called GOAT) he would get laughed at and look at as a MELOtype or worse, good-great scorer who cant get out of first rd(see 05-07),so who would care right? so why would i just all of a sudden boost him up because of 5rings? he still was a backup and still started on allstar teams before his regular season LAKER squad, when and how does a 'franchise' player get away with that

now imagine if his whole career was like that, do you see the perception diff.? or are we all just some 'haters'

thats the thing with this KOBE guy, hes closest thing to JORDAN according to LAKERfiens but was a backupguard to JONES and BYRON ...yea i get it thats the making of the 2nd best player since JORDAN....dont forget the 5rings to make it even more foggy

nobody hates KOBE, its the fiens who spew it so its the perception that people hate him for not agreeing with the fiens

but to those who actually play bball and take it serious, its comedy as hell over the yrs to watch him stick his tongue out to pump fisting to walking to talking to playing just like the oldman3peat JORDAN, he got that down pat...but it doesnt make him closest to JORDAN ,just makes him a gimmick mirror image who got away with it playing in bigmarket and the league needed a MJ gimmick since he did make the league like 90pct of its profit $$$ in the 90's alone....nobody could have gotten away with this in any other market except LA/maybe BEANTOWN....

for the last time go find me a top 5-10 player ever who was a backup player starting on allstar teams but not for its regular season squad, and was a 'franchise' player

what franchise player rides the pine? what developing player rides the pine? what kind of champion says no to a bottom feeder but yes to a stacked squad? very easy ?'s to answer, especially is you actually play the game, on any level

this how KOBE fiens sum his career up

96-99 = he was too young and HARRIS was too stupid to play him so he lost his job, but last i checked dont you compete in training camp for starting position/rotation spot? He was also player of yr and a lottery pick so its not like he wasnt nba ready, or should he have gone to DUKE to 'develop'?

2000-04 = he was playing 2nd fiddle to SHAQ and in 2003 he finally reached SHAQ's level, after 7yrs in.....another ? to all you fiens, why wasnt he 2nd fiddle to SHAQ from 96-99?

05-10 = hes the best player by far in league, he won 2 scoring titles and 2rings in this span, but couldnt get past 1st rd preGASOL, postSHAQ from -5-07

10-12 = Doing what he did since 96............score(shoot), and getting even more props for it, congrats

he always needed a no1(SHAQ/GASOL) and now NASH/HOWARD, because last i checked he was a sidekick(according to him) and got tired of it and wanted to force himself into ALPHA position instead of being himself, he wanted to be JORDAN....im not knocking him for needing/wanting a no.1 option, its just that he proved to me he was a sidekick in that PHX series up 3-1...he pulled a TMAC and got a pass for it

If KOBE would have manned up and went to so called small market on draft day then it would have been 05-07 for 17yrs yrs instead of 3yrs and we all know how thats working out for MELO right,up til this yr

KOBE dissed SMUSH/BROWN for being scrubs while players like AI/BRON took those calilber type players to FINALS,only to lose but still impressive

to me KOBE will always be the backupguard turned starter who did a youtube rant vid dissing his mates/GM and told PHIL he was tired of being a sidekick

He went from SUPERSTAR sidekick to SUPERSTARalltime status yrs later, what a wonderful world we live in

KOBE is respected by us for his hardworkethic from being a backupguard, hes also mad overrated by his fiens
    you look like you are on a mental breakdown. take it easy on the coffee.

vCash
    I know right

a mental breakdown of what actually happened

what a wonderful world we live in

its funny that all his fiens think im making up he was a 'backupguard'

its truly amazing

i'll try and take it easy on the green tea, coffee is for women where im from

i can tell none of you guys play ball on here to think a backup player turned starter is such a big deal
    Last edited by 3RDASYSTEM; 12-19-2012 at 10:50 AM.

vCash
    a backupguard is the 3rd greatest guard of all time and 2nd greatest shooting guard of all time.
    So if he wasn't a backupguard and played as a starter guard then he would no doubt be the greatest guard ever. thank you for propping him up even more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    i do because he is not a good person and doesn't know what no means
    Do you honestly think Kobe raped her? Anybody would have sex with Kobe Bryant.. He's Kobe Bryant. I would. No homo.

vCash
    Thought this was a thread exposing Kobe's lack of D throughout the years, nope, just another vague apologist thread

What does it mean when you D someone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Thought this was a thread exposing Kobe's lack of D throughout the years, nope, just another vague apologist thread

What does it mean when you D someone?
    You know what it means

Edit : no homo..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MintBerryCrunch View Post
    You know what it means

Edit : no homo..
    That cant be what he means

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    That cant be what he means
    no it can cause I'm positive most of these Kobe/Laker PSD posters would take his D any day or time of the year if given the opportunity
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    There's no denying, though, that no matter how you slice it Jordan played against inferior competition.
    Inferior competition? Guys like Ewing and Robinson and Hakeem would eat this league alive... and these are the guys he was competing against. Malone. Stockton. Barkley. Magic. These are some of the best players to ever play the game, and these are the guys he had to beat to win those titles. I am far from a Jordan fan, trust me, I'm a Bad Boy from the Thomas/Dumars days and hated watchign Jordna win those titles, but the guys he played against were amazing. You put Stockton and Malone and Barkley and Ewing in this league, and they would have their way with just about anybody playing today outside of prime Garnett and Duncan.

Kobe is the one whose played against inferior talent. The Nets in the finals? the 76ers? Iverson was the only scorer on tha team... it's a mircale considering their roster that they were even able to average 80 points a game. The Pacers were a little better... but the Magic? They only had one All-Star on the team when they met up with LAL, and when the Lakers beat the Celtics the Celtics were without their starting center. Granted, the Lakers did face some stiff competition in the western conference playoffs.

That said, if Jordan had played on the same roster Kobe did, Jordan would have won from 99-04, EVERY season. And once Pau was on the team, he would have won it ever season, from 09-12. There is no way Jordan loses in the finals with Shaq and Payton playing alongside him. Where Kobe came away with 5 rings, Jordan would have come away with no less than 9.

That said, you throw Kobe on Jordan's Bulls in place of Jordan, and those teams don't win anywhere near 6 rings.

and this has nothing to do with what jerey Kobe is wearing, I loved Kareem and Magic and West, and I like Pau and Nash and hope to see them win this year. This is about who Kobe is as a person/player.

and yeah... I dislike Jordan as much.

That said, as I mentioned, I like guys who share the ball and don't need all the glory. I'd take a Stockton and Duncan pairing above just about any other potential pairing of stars in the history of the game. I like guys like Rondo and Calderon and Nash and CP3, guys who share the ball and look to set up their teammates and make them better. While guys like Kobe and McGrady just don't wash with me. I don't like how they dominate the ball.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 12-19-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Inferior competition?
    Maybe he means relative to the team MJ has around him? Nah, maybe hes talking about how rampant expansion diluted the 90's talent base. George Karl has talked about this very theory before. Its not so ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    People are ***holes quite honestly they'll hate anybody for anything no matter how stupid it may be. Imagine there are dudes that hate KD because he's too good of a person. There is no changing people like that they are forever lost.
    I never go out of my way to diss anyone. The question was asked so I answered how I personally felt. There are instinctive and subjective factors involved in liking or disliking someone. Judging one's inner world/personality sometimes can't be quantified through numbers. You cannot expect to come to this thread without bad comments considering the OP's question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JiffyMix88 View Post
    no it can cause I'm positive most of these Kobe/Laker PSD posters would take his D any day or time of the year if given the opportunity
    Guys worth $400 Million. Anyone would for a certain price. Let's be real

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast