Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Lineup?

Hybrid View

vCash

Best Lineup?

I know a lot can change before opening day and will change ... because a lot of free agents still have to sign and trades can also be made ... but ... in a somewhat boring part of the MLB offseason ... I guess I'll give us something to talk about for now. So... What team do you think has the best lineup?

imo their are a couple choices ... Cardinals, Dodgers, Red Sox, Angels, or the Blue Jays ... those are my choices .... I think potentially the Dodgers can be the best without trying to be a homer ... first we need to see how Crawford works out and if Kemp is healthy ... also what Gonzo and Hanley we get ... then their is always the question if Luis Cruz caan contribute like last season ... amongst other questions. Then you have the Blue Jays who I think are kind of overrated, but can still be very dangerous ... On the paper, the Angels are amazing but throwing superstars in the same lineup dont work all the time and they don't really make any sense together (the guys they put together) ... the Red Sox can be very good imo .... and you also got the Cards who are obviously there ... but injuries are there for them... and they have a lot of guys who I don't see having the great years they had last year ... I'll say the Dodgers score the most runs .... wbu?

vCash
    How is Boston even in the discussion?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    How is Boston even in the discussion?
    I like their lineup ...

Victorino
    Pedroia
    Ellsbury
    Ortiz
    Middlebrooks
    Napoli
    Gomes
    Salty
    Drew

U don't like that lineup?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerPride000 View Post
    I like their lineup ...

Victorino
    Pedroia
    Ellsbury
    Ortiz
    Middlebrooks
    Napoli
    Gomes
    Salty
    Drew

Victorino is coming off a bad year, you don't know what Ellsbury you're going to get, Gomes is a platoon player, Saltalamacchia is just an average hitter, and Drew hasn't been the same in two years.

There are certainly better ones out there.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-19-2012 at 01:28 AM.

vCash
    I like their lineup ...

Victorino
    Pedroia
    Ellsbury
    Ortiz
    Middlebrooks
    Napoli
    Gomes
    Salty
    Drew

Do you see something I don't? that lineup likely ends up in the middle-back of the pack in the AL. And IIRC, Napoli isn't even signed.

vCash
    Do you see something I don't? that lineup likely ends up in the middle-back of the pack in the AL. And IIRC, Napoli isn't even signed.
    yeah idk I am a big fan of some of their players ... I guess that's why

vCash
    Honestly if Ellsbury plays at 80% of 2011, Napoli and Victorino play straight up career averages, with no major injuries, the offense will score plenty of runs. I could see them in the top 10, and top 5 if everyone plays good, hell we could even have two MVP candidates in Ellsbury and Pedroia.

Offense will not be the reason why Boston is bad this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Honestly if Ellsbury plays at 80% of 2011, Napoli and Victorino play straight up career averages, with no major injuries, the offense will score plenty of runs. I could see them in the top 10, and top 5 if everyone plays good, hell we could even have two MVP candidates in Ellsbury and Pedroia.

this. plus I wanna add that Middlebrooks will be a complete stud ... then if they can get Drew back on track ... it will be a scary offense ... a lot of question marks yes but amazing potential

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post

The core is solid but the surrounding pieces aren't all that great IMO. I'd be shocked to see that offense in the top 5, everything would have to go right, and you could say that about too many rosters.

vCash
    Why aren't the Tigers in the discussion? Jackson, Martinez, Prince, Cabrera, Hunter, Peralta. And how is the Jays' lineup overrated?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Why aren't the Tigers in the discussion? Jackson, Martinez, Prince, Cabrera, Hunter, Peralta. And how is the Jays' lineup overrated?
    forgot that one ... though you can certainly add them .... however ... not sure what they are going to get from Hunter or Martinez

vCash
    I think Boston is going to have trouble scoring runs. I vote Dodgers contingent on a healthy Crawford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    I think Boston is going to have trouble scoring runs. I vote Dodgers contingent on a healthy Crawford.
    agree with the second part ... but why will Boston have trouble scoring runs??? What is weak about their lineup?

vCash
    agree with the second part ... but why will Boston have trouble scoring runs??? What is weak about their lineup?
    Because like you said there are a lot of question marks. Which Victorino, Ellsbury, Drew will show up? They have a strong core, but the rest you're left to question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Because like you said there are a lot of question marks. Which Victorino, Ellsbury, Drew will show up? They have a strong core, but the rest you're left to question.
    yeah I agree. I just think they could be dangerous ... just my opinion

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast