Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Question about Comerica Park.

I am from right near Toronto and I would for sure drive to Comerica to watch the Jays and the Tigers. Would any of you guys come to Toronto to watch a game? I know for me being a 24 year old it is just a blast to go to the states to watch a game. Is that the same for you guys? Is it fun to come to Canada to watch a game?

Seems like a strange question, but there isn't much going on in the world of sports after this week, so why not lol.

vCash
    It was when I was 19 haha. I live on the west side of the state and hate driving to detroit as it is but if i'm across the boarder, i always try to stop in to see a game.

vCash
    The SkyDome was cool when it was one of the first parks with a retractable roof...since then a lot of other parks have been built and are much nicer. Miller Park, Minute Maid Park, AT&T Park (my favorite), PNC,

Not to mention Wrigley Field is the same distance for me (2hrs) as is Comerica Park. The Rogers Centre is 6.5 hours drive for me...even with the newly constructed Blue Jays team I am more likely to go to Chicago to see the Cubs than go to Toronto to see the Jays. If it is any consolation, I would rather drive 6.5hrs to see the Jays than go to that shitbox US Cellular Field to see the White Sux.

vCash
    I'd go if I lived close. I love going to other ball parks to watch games.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I'd go if I lived close. I love going to other ball parks to watch games.
    Ahoda, what is the best park you have been too?

vCash
    Jacobs Field is pretty good but Camden is by far the best. Love the food and Inner Harbor is so beautiful.

Wrigley is a f-ing dump. Nationals new park sucks. I was very disappointed in it.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Jacobs Field is pretty good but Camden is by far the best. Love the food and Inner Harbor is so beautiful.

Wrigley is a f-ing dump. Nationals new park sucks. I was very disappointed in it.
    Camden is still on my list to see. My dad and I have been to 14, I think...my favorite by far is AT&T Park in San Francisco. Gorgeous!

vCash
    I've never been to the Left Coast. I really want to check out a game there. Their fans are very knowledgeable and friendly so that would definitely add to the game day experience. I'd love to check out Petco too.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Only home opener I've been lucky enough to get to was in TO vs. Tigers in 2009. I live right across the boarder from Detroit, so Comerica is a lot easier, but I'll make the 4 hour drive to Toronto to watch a Tigs game any day. Rogers Centre is alright but much preferred the Skydome.

vCash

Man I Love Wrigley Field! Harry Cary's bar before the game, outfield bleachers above the Ivy! How can anyone call that a dump! The last time I was there Maddox was pitching, and it was magical. I swear the ball disappeared and ended up in a different location then it looked, Andrew Jones collided in CF! You may not like the Cubs, but calling Wrigley a F-ing dump is as Charles Barkley would say uncivilized. To answer the tread's question, I've never been to Toronto, but I'd love to. I bet they have good fans! On a side note, I lost some respect for Toronto when they lost some good players in the last couple of years, but your new roster will be pretty good!
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    Wrigley is a dump because the fans weren't that nice (and I've been there a few times), it's always bad weather, and the atmosphere isn't that great. Sorry. It's a dump. It's old and out of date with 0 amenities.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Why do the Jays and Tigers only play one home and home series per season?

Also how interesting would this be if they met in the ALCS? Worth the big drive in that situation?

vCash
    Welcome to the mlb balanced schedule and hell ya I would drive to Toronto to see that matchup and actually wouldn't mind a weekend stay there during the summer to watch baseball.

vCash
    Wrigley is a dump because the fans weren't that nice (and I've been there a few times), it's always bad weather, and the atmosphere isn't that great. Sorry. It's a dump. It's old and out of date with 0 amenities.
    Ahoda, I know what you are saying and I have been witness to some rowdy drunks in the OF at Wrigley...that said, I love going to afternoon games there. I just don't sit in the bleachers anymore.

The allure of the old style stadium is more than worth the price of admission. I don't care if the Cubs are good or not. I guess for me it is a step back in time...thinking that so many greats Fergie Jenkins, Ernie Banks, Koufax, Cobb, etc. played there; I love Wrigley Field.

There are many nicer parks of course but none other than Fenway that offer that type of experience.

vCash
    I've never been to the Left Coast. I really want to check out a game there. Their fans are very knowledgeable and friendly so that would definitely add to the game day experience. I'd love to check out Petco too.
    I sat approximately where Gibby's HR off of the Eck in RF bleachers at Chavez Ravine a few years back. I don't like the Dodgers at all...my equivalent in the NL to the Chicago White Sux in the AL. I don't need to go back there. I am glad that I went once, but once is enough.

My next west coast swing will include Coors Field.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast