Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Colorado trade option

So Colorado is mentioning Dexter Fowler as a trade option for pitching. How about Porcello, Villareal, and Casali/McAnn for Fowler and one of their young SS prospects (Rutledge, Story, Herrera, Adames). Porcello is a innings guy they are looking for (175+), he's 48-42 for his career, he's a ground ball pitcher they need, and he's under 25 years old. Villareal is a very good relief prospect and they need young bullpen guys. We could use the everyday LF in Fowler who would make our outfield very defensive. The SS they have are all very good prospects and would immediately be in our top 5 and hopefully be ready next year. It also gives us flexibility to move Dirks and/or Boesch. I think it's a great trade for both teams.

vCash
    Porcello, Villareal, and a minor leaguer for Dexter Fowler? No thanks. I like Fowler and all, but that seems like way to much to give up for a career .271 hitter whos defense is good, but his bat is underwhelming. He'll be lucky to hit 10 homeruns and get 15 steals. Hes good but Id rather go after Justin Upton.

However, Im starting to see Jacoby Elsburys name tossed around in potential trade talks, and outside of Upton, Elsbury would be a huge pickup. Hunter, Jackson, and Elsbury in the outfield would be the best outfield in the A.L. Maybe even the best in baseball.

Realistically though, the only outfielders I see DD willing to make a move for would be Justin Upton, Shin Soo Choo, or a number of free agents.

vCash
    I like the speed option he'd bring but if we are going to bring in a platoon guy it'll probably be via free agency. Reed Johnson or someone like that.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Rutledge is going to play second base next year. Plus with the season he had no way the Rockies give him up for Porcello. I wouldn't either if i was them. This guy is going to be a very good player.
    I do agree that Ellsbury, Hunter and Jackson would be just about the best outfield if not the best in baseball. I doubt we have nearly enough to get him from Boston. Its nice to dream but evenually we have to wake up. Boston doesn't need NC. They have Middlebrooks for years to come. They already have the foundation of Dubront, Buchholz and Lester for pitching. They would take Perralta as a down payment but who plays short for us? We make that deal and we don't have anybody left to make a trade to get a shortstop unless we can sign Drew first.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Fowler is exactly what we need. He has a lifetime .365 on base even hitting .260 and last year he stepped up to a .300 average and a .389 on base. We need to look for on base guys so Prince, Cabrerra, and Vmart have someone to drive in. On top of that he offers great defense. So we may not get Rutledge in the deal. I'd take any of the other three prospects over anything we have coming up for SS in the minors.

vCash
    I think Fowler would be a great addition but we would likely have to put together a better package than that for him.

vCash
    Colorado has stated that they are not shopping Fowler. So, watch for him to be moved at the Winter Meetings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Colorado has stated that they are not shopping Fowler. So, watch for him to be moved at the Winter Meetings.
    Yes, but likely for a better package than that as mentioned already.

vCash
    Jackson is a lock in CF, Hunter is in RF, that leaves Berry, Boesch, Dirks, Castellanos, and Garcia for LF...why are we talking about Fowler when we don't need him?

We need a SS.

We need another BP arm; possibly a closer.

Getting another OF is like putting two spare tires in your trunk.

vCash

Boesch in a package to Yankees for Nunez?

What if we packaged Boesch, Santiago, and Crosby to the Yankees for Nunez?

The Yankees are in need of a RF, Boesch is cheaper than Ichiro...and his power translates perfectly to the short RF porch...and he is relatively cheap.

Nunez is blocked by Jeter and is viewed by the Yankees similarly to the way the Tigers view Santiago.

vCash
    They may need Nunez to play third base now that Arod has another hip injury. Plus I think even if that weren't the case he's too valuable to trade. He plays all over. I wouldn't do that trade if I were the Yankees
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Good thinking, but I believe the Yankees want Ichiro over Boesch anyways for more reasons then one. Nunez would be an amazing option and has showed much talent, but I believe a trade for Asdrubal Cabrera would make more sense for the Tigers. Trade Porcello, Boesch, pitching prospect from Arizona for Peralta, and another piece for him. His contract lasts til the 2014 season.

vCash
    Isn't Nunez a bad fielding SS with some hitting skills? That's pretty much what we got. If we go younger we might want to take a flier on Dee Gordon from the Dodgers. I hear he's being shopped and would cost less also.

vCash
    Isn't Nunez a bad fielding SS with some hitting skills? That's pretty much what we got. If we go younger we might want to take a flier on Dee Gordon from the Dodgers. I hear he's being shopped and would cost less also.
    I actually think he would cost a lot more then nunez he was the 26th best prospect in baseball a few years ago .. And to answer your questions about Nunez he rakes at the plate and is getting better in the field. He just needs continuity in the field which he hasn't had here. For example when jeter went on the dl Nunez was playing serviceable defense after a few games

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Yes.

I also read online that Asdrubal has a contract listing the Tigers as one of his No Trade teams.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast