Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 184
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I don't agree with them being a running team. I do think they should run when they choose and even run to set up the pass if that's what they want, I just hate the way they do it. I hate the 7 o-linemen or the 3 TEs. I want the D spread out a little more with Keapernick under center. Nearly everything in the playbook is an option in formations like that. Even if the personnel packages have 2 TEs...I want one up and moving around, not both in a 3 pt stance. In those types of plays the TE can motion to a FB position and they can stil run like Gore prefers. I really like when they do the multiple plays in the huddle with those packages. Keapernick and Smith both have been effective doing that. They could even do things like hand the ball to Walker out of the shotgun when he's in motion...those fly-sweep thingys.

    I do understand that there are times you need to line up with a fullback, 2 TEs and just ram it down their throat...but that's not a 1st quarter 0-0 game strategy in my opinion.
    Then you're an idiot and there is no reason to read anything you just said
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    492 Runs 436 Passes

    Were not a run team?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,949
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    492 Runs 436 Passes

    Were not a run team?
    Another short sighted post by rapjuicer. Shocker.


    Slap Hands!

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    492 Runs 436 Passes

    Were not a run team?
    If you had read past the first sentence you would have underdstood what I was saying. Well...maybe you wouldn't. That might be giving you a little too much credit.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Another short sighted post by rapjuicer. Shocker.
    Lol short sided? Any team in the NFL anymore that runs the ball even 40% of the time, is considered a run team. We are more along the lines of a 50/50 team...some of the QB numbers are obvious passes that they turned into runs and sacks. Our passing game, is based off of our run game. If we don't run the ball, we can't pass the ball well. Our run game opens up the pass for us. Not the other way around. We are a smash mouth football team, usually smashed mouth teams are running teams, not passing teams. When your offense is built to run the ball, and your passes hinge on play fakes...you are considered a run team. So, not exactly short-sighted when what his first sentence states, is completely wrong. It's not even about opinion on that matter, its just straight wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,650
    vCash
    1500
    Hey, does anyone know NinerHomer's opinion on the jumbo formation? I haven't heard him tell us yet.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,949
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Lol short sided? Any team in the NFL anymore that runs the ball even 40% of the time, is considered a run team. We are more along the lines of a 50/50 team...some of the QB numbers are obvious passes that they turned into runs and sacks. Our passing game, is based off of our run game. If we don't run the ball, we can't pass the ball well. Our run game opens up the pass for us. Not the other way around. We are a smash mouth football team, usually smashed mouth teams are running teams, not passing teams. When your offense is built to run the ball, and your passes hinge on play fakes...you are considered a run team. So, not exactly short-sighted when what his first sentence states, is completely wrong. It's not even about opinion on that matter, its just straight wrong
    Lol short sided?
    Sighted*

    Any team in the NFL anymore that runs the ball even 40% of the time, is considered a run team.
    Under your definition, the New England Patriots are a run first team. They ran the ball 45% of the time this season. So are the Green Bay Packers. They ran 44% of the time.

    We are more along the lines of a 50/50 team
    Exactly. We have a balanced offense. The stats show we have both an efficient run game and pass game and have a pretty even pass/run ratio. There have been games where we have come out trying to establish the run and vice versa. We have also been ahead in games more often than not, which means more running.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 01-02-2013 at 08:41 PM.


    Slap Hands!

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    Lol ok...We arent a run first team...****ing hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    29,170
    vCash
    11933
    Do you guys really think we will be a run first team very long with Kaepernick under center? Wouldn't it make sense to open up the pass game, or at least use more quick slants like the traditional WCO?


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    27,704
    vCash
    2440
    We need our run game to open up our passing game imo. Especially with manningham out

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Do you guys really think we will be a run first team very long with Kaepernick under center? Wouldn't it make sense to open up the pass game, or at least use more quick slants like the traditional WCO?
    When you have Frank Gore/Kendall Hunter/LaMichael James and an offensive line built for the run...You run the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    We need our run game to open up our passing game imo. Especially with manningham out
    Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    When you have Frank Gore/Kendall Hunter/LaMichael James and an offensive line built for the run...You run the ball
    Ok perfect...this is exactly what I wanted you to say.

    First...I pretty much agree. The line is built to run...in my opinion...an o-line with multiple first rounders and a former tackle playing guard...should also be built to be able to protect the passer.

    I was correct that you wouldn't understand what I was saying. Not your fault...you're just not all that bright. What I was saying is that I don't like running the ball from a "HEY DEFENSE WE'RE RUNNING THE BALL" formation. I want a formation where every play in the book (pretty much) is an option. When they run the ball like that...they get to use that outstanding run blocking o-line without using Davis and Kilgore (who are not starter material lineman) to telegraph exactly what's going to happen.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Ok perfect...this is exactly what I wanted you to say.

    First...I pretty much agree. The line is built to run...in my opinion...an o-line with multiple first rounders and a former tackle playing guard...should also be built to be able to protect the passer.

    I was correct that you wouldn't understand what I was saying. Not your fault...you're just not all that bright. What I was saying is that I don't like running the ball from a "HEY DEFENSE WE'RE RUNNING THE BALL" formation. I want a formation where every play in the book (pretty much) is an option. When they run the ball like that...they get to use that outstanding run blocking o-line without using Davis and Kilgore (who are not starter material lineman) to telegraph exactly what's going to happen.
    Staley/Iupati/Davis are all known as run maulers, not pass blockers first off. When we get in jumbo sets, that doesn't make a lot of sense unless were on the goaline, I agree with that since I've been saying that before you. And we want people to stack the box against us. Why? Because it opens up the pass for us. When teams put 8 in the box to stop the run, guess what? Our pass game opens up, a ton. When we don't run, guess what happens? They don't have 8 in the box and our passing game is less efficient. So yea, you really are an idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Staley/Iupati/Davis are all known as run maulers, not pass blockers first off. When we get in jumbo sets, that doesn't make a lot of sense unless were on the goaline, I agree with that since I've been saying that before you. And we want people to stack the box against us. Why? Because it opens up the pass for us. When teams put 8 in the box to stop the run, guess what? Our pass game opens up, a ton. When we don't run, guess what happens? They don't have 8 in the box and our passing game is less efficient. So yea, you really are an idiot
    This all sounds good in theory. I would just rather run the ball vs a light box rather than take a long drop with a 2 man route and try to throw over an 8 man box. The fact that just plain stats shows a middle of the road offense and very good running game supports your argument. The wildly inconsistent offense that has allowed teams like the Rams and Vikings to beat the Niners and keep games close much longer than they should supports mine. So...the question becomes what's going to happen vs teams like GB, Atl or Sea if the Niners have stagnant "lets work on the big set runs and gain 15 total yds in the first quarter with 3 3 and outs" type games? Maybe the D shuts people down. Maybe they have a non-dominating day and the Niners are down 3 TDs and by the time they start playing offense the game is already decided.

    I realize one drive does not encompass an entire season...but I'm sure you realized that the Niners actually scored vs Arizona when they stood up the TEs and made the D cover everybody, right?

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    This all sounds good in theory. I would just rather run the ball vs a light box rather than take a long drop with a 2 man route and try to throw over an 8 man box. The fact that just plain stats shows a middle of the road offense and very good running game supports your argument. The wildly inconsistent offense that has allowed teams like the Rams and Vikings to beat the Niners and keep games close much longer than they should supports mine. So...the question becomes what's going to happen vs teams like GB, Atl or Sea if the Niners have stagnant "lets work on the big set runs and gain 15 total yds in the first quarter with 3 3 and outs" type games? Maybe the D shuts people down. Maybe they have a non-dominating day and the Niners are down 3 TDs and by the time they start playing offense the game is already decided.

    I realize one drive does not encompass an entire season...but I'm sure you realized that the Niners actually scored vs Arizona when they stood up the TEs and made the D cover everybody, right?
    The reason the Vikings beat us was because we didn't run the ball. Same for the Giants. Those were 2 huge factors. We didn't get the run established and we lost those games. We were averaging 5.4 or w/e yards per carry against 8 man fronts. That tells you something...

    You act like the jumbo package is our base offense. Our base offense right now is that ******** pistol formation. That's what we are in a good majority of the time.

    Yes the pass opened up against the Cardinals, but thats because we didn't abandon the run. Our offense is based and surrounded by our run game
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •