Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 184
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,949
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Defense has been good for the most part, offense has been pretty bad at times, and average most of the time. And they just don't seem to be prepared and the gameplanning has been awful
    Football Outsiders ranks the 49ers offense 5th in the league. 7th in passing and 2nd in rushing. Traditional stats have the 49ers offense ranked 11th in both total yards and scoring. The 49ers offense scored 8 more touchdowns this year than it did last year while only turning the ball over 6 more times, which is pretty impressive considering turning the ball over only 10 times is damn near impossible to replicate.

    You need to put this year's offense in perspective. Yes, it can be stagnant and inconsistent, but on the whole, the offense has been much more productive despite David Akers not coming close to replicating his production from last year. Like it or not, he accounted for a lot of points last season.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 12-31-2012 at 04:24 PM.


    Slap Hands!

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,572
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    This year's QB Production:
    3551 Yards 66.3% Comp 23 TD 8 INT 8.1 YPA 101.2 QB Rating

    Last year's QB Production:
    3193 Yards 61.4% Compt 17 TD 5 INT 7.1 YPA 91.4 QB Rating

    This year's running back production
    492 attempts 2491 Yards 5.1 YPA 17 TD's

    Last year's running back production
    498 attempts 2044 yards 4.1 YPA 14 TD's

    This year's receiver production
    289 Rec 3551 yards 12.3 Yards/Rec 23 TD's

    Last year's receiver production
    277 Rec 3193 yards 11.5 Yards/Rec 18 TD's

    Yards per pass attempt went up an entire yard, as well as yards per rush attempt. This was a much more efficient offense than last year's. It ranked 11th overall in both yards gained and points per game. Pretty significant improvement over a year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Football Outsiders ranks the 49ers offense 5th in the league. 7th in passing and 2nd in rushing. Traditional stats have the 49ers offense ranked 11th in both total yards and scoring. The 49ers offense scored 8 more touchdowns this year than it did last year.
    Both of these posts further prove my point that it seems like a lack of execution at times more than a lack of offense on the whole. Overall we are better on offense. However, we need better execution rather than some substantiate coaching/play calling change.
    ...

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Football Outsiders ranks the 49ers offense 5th in the league. 7th in passing and 2nd in rushing. Traditional stats have the 49ers offense ranked 11th in both total yards and scoring. The 49ers offense scored 8 more touchdowns this year than it did last year while only turning the ball over 6 more times, which is pretty impressive considering turning the ball over only 10 times is damn near impossible to replicate.
    Then tell me what happened in the Giants game, Both Rams games, both Seahawks games and the Vikings game...Those games, our offense was terrible. We went away from the run from the get go. We had no game plan in those games compared to our usual game plan. We've had 4 games this year where our offense came out on fire and thats the Packers, Bills, Bears, Patriots games...other than that, our offense hasn't been ready to play for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    8,456
    vCash
    1500
    I thought the offense played well in the lions game, first cardinals game and 3 quarters of yesterday's game.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

    I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com



    You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,949
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Then tell me what happened in the Giants game, Both Rams games, both Seahawks games and the Vikings game...Those games, our offense was terrible. We went away from the run from the get go. We had no game plan in those games compared to our usual game plan. We've had 4 games this year where our offense came out on fire and thats the Packers, Bills, Bears, Patriots games...other than that, our offense hasn't been ready to play for the most part.
    It's been inconsistent, like I just said. But when you put everything together, it's better than it was last year. I also think just blaming it on coaching is shortsighted. You don't win 11 games in the NFL with bad coaching.


    Slap Hands!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,650
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Football Outsiders ranks the 49ers offense 5th in the league. 7th in passing and 2nd in rushing. Traditional stats have the 49ers offense ranked 11th in both total yards and scoring. The 49ers offense scored 8 more touchdowns this year than it did last year while only turning the ball over 6 more times, which is pretty impressive considering turning the ball over only 10 times is damn near impossible to replicate.

    You need to put this year's offense in perspective. Yes, it can be stagnant and inconsistent, but on the whole, the offense has been much more productive despite David Akers not coming close to replicating his production from last year. Like it or not, he accounted for a lot of points last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Both of these posts further prove my point that it seems like a lack of execution at times more than a lack of offense on the whole. Overall we are better on offense. However, we need better execution rather than some substantiate coaching/play calling change.
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    It's been inconsistent, like I just said. But when you put everything together, it's better than it was last year. I also think just blaming it on coaching is shortsighted. You don't win 11 games in the NFL with bad coaching.
    Agree with all of this.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    It's been inconsistent, like I just said. But when you put everything together, it's better than it was last year. I also think just blaming it on coaching is shortsighted. You don't win 11 games in the NFL with bad coaching.
    This team is much better than an 11-4-1 team. We were 13-3 last year, and were better this year. The reason I say the game planning and play calling were so bad was because we are a run first team. Straight up. No doubt about it, if you say we aren't, then you're lying.

    16 carries by Gore/Hunter in the Viking game...7 in the first half. We were down 17-3 at half

    12 carries by Gore/Hunter in the Giants game...7 in the first half (8 but one called back to penalty) we were losing 10-3 at half. (Missed field goal also hurt)

    First Rams game 24 Carries for Gore/Hunter: 11 in the first half down 14-7 at the half

    Second Rams game 29 carries by Frank/Jacobs (Kap and Akers lost this one, not the coaching staff)

    Seattle game: 10 carries by Gore/James: 5 runs in the first quarter (wow) First two drives looked like this: Pass/Pass/Pass/Punt ; Run/Pass/Pass/Pass/Pass/Punt then the third drive Run/Pass/Run/Run/Pass/Pass/Pass/Pass/Run/Run/Pass Blocked field goal...So one drive there we moved the ball, why was that? Because we switched it up. We mixed the run with the pass.

    In the games we lost, we abandoned the run, and that's straight on the coaching. The Rams loss, if it wasn't for a ******** pitch reverse call, we might have won that one. It was poor execution, but it was ******** to call that play, that deep in our own territory.

    Maybe saying the coaching was bad is a little much. But they were flat out ******** at times making the game plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,650
    vCash
    1500
    I think it's common for fans to want to blame one person or one thing for every loss, but in reality it's often several things...poor execution on some plays, poor play calling on others, great play call/execution by opponent on others, penalties that stall drives, missed field goals that end up costing point, getting in an early hole that causes a change in game plan, key players leaving with injuries, bad luck/unlucky bounces, etc... There are many factors that go into a loss or a bad game.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think it's common for fans to want to blame one person or one thing for every loss, but in reality it's often several things...poor execution on some plays, poor play calling on others, great play call/execution by opponent on others, penalties that stall drives, missed field goals that end up costing point, getting in an early hole that causes a change in game plan, key players leaving with injuries, bad luck/unlucky bounces, etc... There are many factors that go into a loss or a bad game.
    Not running the ball when you are a running team is on coaching. Straight up
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,949
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    This team is much better than an 11-4-1 team. We were 13-3 last year, and were better this year. The reason I say the game planning and play calling were so bad was because we are a run first team. Straight up. No doubt about it, if you say we aren't, then you're lying.

    16 carries by Gore/Hunter in the Viking game...7 in the first half. We were down 17-3 at half

    12 carries by Gore/Hunter in the Giants game...7 in the first half (8 but one called back to penalty) we were losing 10-3 at half. (Missed field goal also hurt)

    First Rams game 24 Carries for Gore/Hunter: 11 in the first half down 14-7 at the half

    Second Rams game 29 carries by Frank/Jacobs (Kap and Akers lost this one, not the coaching staff)

    Seattle game: 10 carries by Gore/James: 5 runs in the first quarter (wow) First two drives looked like this: Pass/Pass/Pass/Punt ; Run/Pass/Pass/Pass/Pass/Punt then the third drive Run/Pass/Run/Run/Pass/Pass/Pass/Pass/Run/Run/Pass Blocked field goal...So one drive there we moved the ball, why was that? Because we switched it up. We mixed the run with the pass.

    In the games we lost, we abandoned the run, and that's straight on the coaching. The Rams loss, if it wasn't for a ******** pitch reverse call, we might have won that one. It was poor execution, but it was ******** to call that play, that deep in our own territory.

    Maybe saying the coaching was bad is a little much. But they were flat out ******** at times making the game plans.
    Schedule was much tougher. Division is much tougher.

    As far as play calling/coaching goes....Hindsight is 20/20. You used the Seattle game as an example of where we abandoned the run. Yes, it's a run first team, and that's exactly why they came out passing. The 49ers tried to catch Seattle off guard. Obviously it didn't work. That same strategy worked very well against New England. It worked against the Giants last season (the regular season game).

    Seattle went up by several scores quickly, which forced the 49ers to pass more. When you are down 21-0, you have to pass. The same thing happened in Minnesota. If they tried to stick with the run and it didn't work you'd be saying "They needed to pass more! You pass when you are behind! The play calling sucks!"

    Every fan thinks their play calling sucks at times. Fact is, most fans would take the 49ers coaching staff over their team's.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 12-31-2012 at 05:58 PM.


    Slap Hands!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    29,179
    vCash
    11933
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Schedule was much tougher. Division is much tougher.

    As far as play calling/coaching goes....Hindsight is 20/20. You used the Seattle game as an example of where we abandoned the run. Yes, it's a run first team, and that's exactly why they came out passing. The 49ers tried to catch Seattle off guard. Obviously it didn't work. That same strategy worked very well against New England. It worked against the Giants last season (the regular season game).

    Seattle went up by several scores quickly, which forced the 49ers to pass more. When you are down 21-0, you have to pass. The same thing happened in Minnesota. If they tried to stick with the run and it didn't work you'd be saying "They needed to pass more! You pass when you are behind! The play calling sucks!"

    Every fan thinks their play calling sucks at times. Fact is, most fans would take the 49ers coaching staff over their team's.
    Agree with most said here. Good post.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,830
    vCash
    1500
    the team has been consistently inconsistent this year

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    29,179
    vCash
    11933
    Yea, and now they can't afford to be. It's win or go home.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Schedule was much tougher. Division is much tougher.

    As far as play calling/coaching goes....Hindsight is 20/20. You used the Seattle game as an example of where we abandoned the run. Yes, it's a run first team, and that's exactly why they came out passing. The 49ers tried to catch Seattle off guard. Obviously it didn't work. That same strategy worked very well against New England. It worked against the Giants last season (the regular season game).

    Seattle went up by several scores quickly, which forced the 49ers to pass more. When you are down 21-0, you have to pass. The same thing happened in Minnesota. If they tried to stick with the run and it didn't work you'd be saying "They needed to pass more! You pass when you are behind! The play calling sucks!"

    Every fan thinks their play calling sucks at times. Fact is, most fans would take the 49ers coaching staff over their team's.
    First off, I pointed out we ran the ball once in the first two drives. What happened when we switched up the run and pass? We drove down the field. Our run game opens up the pass for us. Keeping teams guessing what were going to do is what our offense is based on.

    And no, I would not have complained about us running the ball against Minny at all. If we ran the ball, passing would have been much more effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,909
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Not running the ball when you are a running team is on coaching. Straight up
    I don't agree with them being a running team. I do think they should run when they choose and even run to set up the pass if that's what they want, I just hate the way they do it. I hate the 7 o-linemen or the 3 TEs. I want the D spread out a little more with Keapernick under center. Nearly everything in the playbook is an option in formations like that. Even if the personnel packages have 2 TEs...I want one up and moving around, not both in a 3 pt stance. In those types of plays the TE can motion to a FB position and they can stil run like Gore prefers. I really like when they do the multiple plays in the huddle with those packages. Keapernick and Smith both have been effective doing that. They could even do things like hand the ball to Walker out of the shotgun when he's in motion...those fly-sweep thingys.

    I do understand that there are times you need to line up with a fullback, 2 TEs and just ram it down their throat...but that's not a 1st quarter 0-0 game strategy in my opinion.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •