Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Yes, because comparing kick return stats is exactly the same as comparing a formula used to rate quarterbacks. Try again.
    Ok how about this, Smith has one of the highest completion % amongst Qb's with one of the least amount of Int's, with one of the highest Qb ratings and one of the best yards per attempt, therefore he's better than almost all the Qb's in the league. That more to your liking or you guna be a hypocrite on that as well
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Ok how about this, Smith has one of the highest completion % amongst Qb's with one of the least amount of Int's, with one of the highest Qb ratings and one of the best yards per attempt, therefore he's better than almost all the Qb's in the league. That more to your liking or you guna be a hypocrite on that as well
    Comparing stats between QB's isn't nearly as a cut and dry as comparing kick returners. You have to account for scheme, offensive line talent, weapons around them, etc. Now if both players on the same team, like a certain Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick, then the variables are much more equal and you can make a better comparison strictly through stats.

And look at that...Ginn and Williams are on the same team. They had the same scheme and teammates to work with and Williams put up better numbers.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 12-21-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Comparing stats between QB's isn't nearly as a cut and dry as comparing kick returners. You have to account for scheme, offensive line talent, weapons around them, etc. Now if both players on the same time, like a certain Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick, then the variables are much more equal and you can make a better comparison strictly through stats.

And look at that...Ginn and Williams are on the same team. They had the same scheme and teammates to work with and Williams put up better numbers.
    Just to give my 2 cents, IMO Williams has been better this season, Ginn looks scared to take a hit and unsure about himself, I honestly think we have to be careful in the playoffs with Ginn back there.....if you remember correctly Ginn was benched in favor of Williams in new Orleans before Williams injury.

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash
    I won't do a compare of last year or this year, b/c i honestly havent thought about it.

but I don't like some of the run designs for Lamichael, those tosses are supposed to get him to the edge, but unlike Kendall who can, Lamichael seems to get tied up.

He can't hit the edge as well as Kendall does. Maybe it's just me, but perhaps they need to get him more in the open field where he can utilize his speed. Screens perhaps?

Not sure, but that is one difference i've seen in the offense (not 2011 to 2012).
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Agreed. Every toss seems doomed from the start.

vCash
    Lets also keep in mind he's played two games.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    There's no doubt that Ginn has been doing unusually poorly in KR this year. I can't deny that and honestly I don't understand why he's doing so bad. He's one of the best kick returners in the entire league, but this year he's been returning like crap. But after being one of the better kick returners in the league for years (including a great season with SF in 2011) he's proven that's he a better overall kick returner than Williams.... and I love Kyle Williams, but Ginn is a better KR overall despite the fact that Williams has had a better SEASON returning kicks. One season doesn't trump the last however many years. Even though Ginn has been bad at returning this year...for whatever reason... we know he has the ability to flip a game. He's done it many times before. So in the playoffs, all it takes is that one big return. I'm confident in the playoffs with Ginn. Williams would have been great though and he definitely is a better overall player in terms of receiving/returning

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I won't do a compare of last year or this year, b/c i honestly havent thought about it.

but I don't like some of the run designs for Lamichael, those tosses are supposed to get him to the edge, but unlike Kendall who can, Lamichael seems to get tied up.

He can't hit the edge as well as Kendall does. Maybe it's just me, but perhaps they need to get him more in the open field where he can utilize his speed. Screens perhaps?

Not sure, but that is one difference i've seen in the offense (not 2011 to 2012).
    Yes. A screen or two a game for the kid. Get him in space. That'll be fun to watch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Yes. A screen or two a game for the kid. Get him in space. That'll be fun to watch!
    It would also keep the defense honest. Then that would open up the deep passing game. Hopefully, we can start to better utilize Vernon Davis. I know coverage has doubled him up especially over the top. However, with an expanded passing game we might have more players catching the ball. As the defense plays more to Manningham and Moss VD will get more open looks, in theory.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    We definitely don't run RB screens like we used to.about the only thing I miss from the old regime.

vCash
    The coaching this year has been terrible all around
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    The coaching this year has been terrible all around
    Oh come on....

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Oh come on....
    Defense has been good for the most part, offense has been pretty bad at times, and average most of the time. And they just don't seem to be prepared and the gameplanning has been awful

vCash
    This year's QB Production:
    3551 Yards 66.3% Comp 23 TD 8 INT 8.1 YPA 101.2 QB Rating

Last year's QB Production:
    3193 Yards 61.4% Compt 17 TD 5 INT 7.1 YPA 91.4 QB Rating

This year's running back production
    492 attempts 2491 Yards 5.1 YPA 17 TD's

Last year's running back production
    498 attempts 2044 yards 4.1 YPA 14 TD's

This year's receiver production
    289 Rec 3551 yards 12.3 Yards/Rec 23 TD's

Last year's receiver production
    277 Rec 3193 yards 11.5 Yards/Rec 18 TD's

Yards per pass attempt went up an entire yard, as well as yards per rush attempt. This was a much more efficient offense than last year's. It ranked 11th overall in both yards gained and points per game. Pretty significant improvement over a year ago.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Defense has been good for the most part, offense has been pretty bad at times, and average most of the time. And they just don't seem to be prepared and the gameplanning has been awful
    Maybe the players just haven't got it done. A good play can look like a poor play with poor execution. So the calls may have been good but looked bad due to the players. The offense has not looked too bad. I'd say it has looked better this year than last but maybe that's just me.

We can't give players a pass, even our best players in Willis, Vernon Davis, and the like. We need to execute better and not take any games for granted. It's the playoffs so we really can't afford to now.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast