Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    You know life is good for your team, when guys are arguing over who is the best punt returner.

OOO And for the record, I love Ginn back there still... but I fully trust Williams and since he seems to bring more to the receiving corps.... Williams it is!
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    He has 9 regular season punt returns and 9 in the post season, with 2 of those being fumbles and 1 with him diving for a ball like an idiot. I wouldn't mind having Kyle Williams giong forward, but to say he's better than Ginn is stupid
    Those don't include the ones where he signals for a fair catch, or the ones where he moves out of the way. They only include the ones he actually returns. Like I said, the only negatives you can bring against the guy in the return game come from the one game. His average per return is still very nice. I'll take him going forward. We also have James and Cox who I would have no problem giving returns to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Those don't include the ones where he signals for a fair catch, or the ones where he moves out of the way. They only include the ones he actually returns. Like I said, the only negatives you can bring against the guy in the return game come from the one game. His average per return is still very nice. I'll take him going forward. We also have James and Cox who I would have no problem giving returns to.
    Jesus Christ dude seriously, if you think Kyle Williams is a better return man than Ted Ginn then thats your own ****ing problem. It's your opinion, and while its wrong, its still your opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Brian Mitchell averaged 1357 yards a year in return yards (outside of Hester and Sanders) he was arguably the best returner ever. Ted Ginn in the past two years with the 9ers has not had the amount of returns as he should have and STILL averages 1,166yards for returns a year. He is one of the fastest players in the NFL, and he scares the hell out of other teams when they have to kick to him. He is one of the most feared returners in the game. Kyle Williams isn't close to Ted Ginn in this department. Everything else? Yes.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Brian Mitchell averaged 1357 yards a year in return yards (outside of Hester and Sanders) he was arguably the best returner ever. Ted Ginn in the past two years with the 9ers has not had the amount of returns as he should have and STILL averages 1,166yards for returns a year. He is one of the fastest players in the NFL, and he scares the hell out of other teams when they have to kick to him. He is one of the most feared returners in the game. Kyle Williams isn't close to Ted Ginn in this department. Everything else? Yes.
    All those things are true. Ginn just doesn't seem like the same guy this year. He doesn't seem as fast, his decision making has been poor and he just hasn't looked as comfortable fielding the ball. He's muffed at least 2 that I can think of (NO at own 10 and last week vs Pats that would have been a killer). Plus, his 1/2 to 3/4 speed run outs of the EZ are seriously pissing me off.

vCash
    Jesus Christ dude seriously, if you think Kyle Williams is a better return man than Ted Ginn then thats your own ****ing problem. It's your opinion, and while its wrong, its still your opinion
    This season, Williams has been the better returner.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Agreed. As much as I like Kyle, Ginn is definitely the better return man.

vCash
    I doubt Ginn is back next year anyway, he has almost no value as a WR throughout his career and will likely be signed solely as a KR/PR somewhere. We have 3 or 4 guys on roster that have value at their other position as well as return ability. I like Ginn, but its just not worth it to keep him when we have cheaper more flexible options.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    Sorry Rap, but I also think Williams > Ginn.

Then again, I'm a Kyle Williams and Dixon homer. Don't judge.

vCash
    Dixon looks way better this year in the small amount I've seen him. Hits the hole quicker.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Hated, and I mean hated Dixon; but this year he has proven me wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Sorry Rap, but I also think Williams > Ginn.

Then again, I'm a Kyle Williams and Dixon homer. Don't judge.
    As a return man? Seriously? What in the hell is wrong with people on here...just sad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    This season, Williams has been the better returner.
    Thats because this year we weren't using Ginn at all because were trying to replace him to see what we need to do in the offseason because we aren't bringing him back. It no way shape or form is Kyle Williams a better return man than Ginn

vCash
    Thats because this year we weren't using Ginn at all because were trying to replace him to see what we need to do in the offseason because we aren't bringing him back. It no way shape or form is Kyle Williams a better return man than Ginn
    I think KW started getting shots after the Minnesota game. I don't remember why he got a return shot in that game, but I remember him having the big return and I know Ginn was slowed during the offseason with the knee injury. I loved Ginn last season (as a KR/PR) but he just hasn't been the same this season when he's been in.

vCash
    As a return man? Seriously? What in the hell is wrong with people on here...just sad
    lol

I just like KW overall. Returns, receiving, etc. Way better than Ginn this year IMO, until he got injured.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast