Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I would almost feel safer to not even have a punt returner
    I know how you feel. Kind of like I would rather they went for it on 4th and 5 rather than try a 43 yd FG.

vCash
    yup lol its sad
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    yup lol its sad
    The Niners would have the #2 seed already clinched if he made those two vs the Rams. Smh...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    The Niners would have the #2 seed already clinched if he made those two vs the Rams. Smh...
    There are a ton of 'would have' plays in those two games. Let's not rehash them any more...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I could see that happening with Moss. With Ginn...definitely. His decision making has ben the worst part. Every once in a while a returner is gonna muff a punt or something, it happens. He' just being dumb though. Trying to return punts with a guy standing there...bringing the ball out from 9 yds deep and half-speed running...playing around a bouncing ball...smh. Good lord!
    I think your being overly hard on Ginn, he really hasn't made that many mistakes in the last 2 years.

However, I don't see him being on the team next year either. We don't need a punt return only guy on the roster, which is all he'd end up being. With Hunter, Williams, and LMJ we're all set.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I think your being overly hard on Ginn, he really hasn't made that many mistakes in the last 2 years.

However, I don't see him being on the team next year either. We don't need a punt return only guy on the roster, which is all he'd end up being. With Hunter, Williams, and LMJ we're all set.
    We still don't have a Punt Returner with those three guys you mentioned. We need a guy who can return punts/kicks and play on kick off coverage
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    We still don't have a Punt Returner with those three guys you mentioned. We need a guy who can return punts/kicks and play on kick off coverage
    I think all of them were training for it, and I believe Jenkins is as well.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I think all of them were training for it, and I believe Jenkins is as well.
    James is not a good PR, Williams I don't ever want back there again. Jenkins, I just don't see as a PR at all.

vCash
    Kyle Williams is a punt returner. He's better at it then Ginn in my opinion. Ignoring the one game, Kyle Williams has been excellent in both aspects of returning.

vCash
    I also think James could handle the duties after getting a little experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Kyle Williams is a punt returner. He's better at it then Ginn in my opinion. Ignoring the one game, Kyle Williams has been excellent in both aspects of returning.
    Ginns one of the best returners in the NFL. WIlliams is not better than him. I don't want Ginn back because he doesn't seem like he gives a **** here

vCash
    Ginns one of the best returners in the NFL. WIlliams is not better than him. I don't want Ginn back because he doesn't seem like he gives a **** here
    Which stats are Kyle's and which stats are Ted's:

Player A:

Career yards per punt return: 12.11
    Career yards per kick return: 25.67
    Career fumbles in return game: 2

Player B:

Career yards per punt return: 10.83
    Career yards per kick return: 23.21
    Career fumbles in return game: 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Which stats are Kyle's and which stats are Ted's:

Player A:

Career yards per punt return: 12.11
    Career yards per kick return: 25.67
    Career fumbles in return game: 2

Player B:

Career yards per punt return: 10.83
    Career yards per kick return: 23.21
    Career fumbles in return game: 12
    How much of a sample size do we have from Kyle Williams? 2 years worth? Get the **** out of here with your stupid *** stats.

Ted Ginn 6,828 total return yards with 6 touchdowns. He has touched the ball on 363 times on special teams, he has a 3% fumble rate. Kyle Williams has 0 Td's in the return game, and has a 6% fumble rate to Ted Ginn's 3%. Ted Ginn is by far the better returner

vCash
    How much of a sample size do we have from Kyle Williams? 2 years worth? Get the **** out of here with your stupid *** stats.

Ted Ginn 6,828 total return yards with 6 touchdowns. He has touched the ball on 363 times on special teams, he has a 3% fumble rate. Kyle Williams has 0 Td's in the return game, and has a 6% fumble rate to Ted Ginn's 3%. Ted Ginn is by far the better returner
    You take out the 1 game, the Giants game, and KW has never fumbled the ball (0% fumble rate ). It's true that Kyle hasn't scored a TD (small sample size = less opportunities ), but he has ran the ball back inside the 20 yard line. Fact is, sample size shouldn't impact the yards per return since it is an average and Kyle's numbers are clearly better than Ted's in both punt return and kick return average. I'll take Kyle. I heard the sample size argument with Kap too and I think he pretty much squashed the doubters. Anyways, the point of all of this was to demonstrate that Kyle can be our punt returner of the future.

vCash
    He has 9 regular season punt returns and 9 in the post season, with 2 of those being fumbles and 1 with him diving for a ball like an idiot. I wouldn't mind having Kyle Williams giong forward, but to say he's better than Ginn is stupid

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast