Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I think close to 500 yards in two playoff games including the SB qualifies as a marked improvement in the offense.

What I didn't see coming was how quickly our defense became awful... It was like the defense shut it down at halftime of the Patriot game...

Then promptly gave up 31 to New England, 40+ to Seattle, 31 to GB, 24 to ATL by halftime, and 34 to Baltimore...
    Agreed.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    The defense had some pretty key injuries. Justin Smith tearing his triceps hurt a lot, but what nobody is talking about was Aldon Smith playing the second half of the season with a shoulder injury. He was on the limited practice report for several week to close out the season. Brooks was fighting through something too. That really hurts because those are our best pass rushers. We need to upgrade the NT position. Our run defense was vulnerable this year to up the gut runs. We should also get a rotation going at DE and OLB. Brooks, Aldon, Justin, and RayMac play too many plays. If we use early round picks on defensive linemen, those players will be more fresh and healthy throughout the season. I'm not as down on our CBs as everyone else is, although I am down on Whitner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I think close to 500 yards in two playoff games including the SB qualifies as a marked improvement in the offense.

What I didn't see coming was how quickly our defense became awful... It was like the defense shut it down at halftime of the Patriot game...

Then promptly gave up 31 to New England, 40+ to Seattle, 31 to GB, 24 to ATL by halftime, and 34 to Baltimore...
    To be fair, 7 of those points against Seattle came from a blocked FG, 7 of those points to GB were from the pick 6 and 7 were just a garbage time TD when the game had already been decided

Soon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    To be fair, 7 of those points against Seattle came from a blocked FG, 7 of those points to GB were from the pick 6 and 7 were just a garbage time TD when the game had already been decided

to be fair, that defense was sure surrendering a lot more TD's than FG's...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213