Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    I am pulling for Kap, but he has to just like any other player earn my trust as a fan in big game situations. Kap hasn't done that yet in my opinion, and until he does I will remain skeptical that he can perform at a high level when it is win or go home. I feel extra uneasy personally because I haven't seen enough from him to inspire even the benefit of the doubt going into the post season... Outside of the Bears game I have seen as many borderline bad plays as I have great plays from him and the remaining 80% have been just average. I know I am going to catch heat from you guys for that.

Full disclosure I have been telling my friends that I think the 49ers will be one-and-done in this post-season... I would absolutely love to be wrong. Let me say that again: I would absolutely love to be wrong about that.
    I can see your point of view, but I doubt anybody trusted Smith going into the playoffs last year either. Smith may have had more reg season experience, but the playoffs are like a reset, Peyton Manning can attest to this as he's had alot of bad postseason runs in his amazing career.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 01-08-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I can see your point of view, but I doubt anybody trusted Smith going into the playoffs last year either. Smith may have had more reg season experience, but the playoffs are like a reset, Peyton Manning can attest to this as he's had alot of bad postseason runs in his amazing career.
    Exactly. Well said.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Honestly going into last post season the way the team played last year I thought they were going to win the super bowl, which i guess means i had faith in Smith, though not specifically; there was just something magical about that team which is why it may be a decade before I am over the NFC Championship game. Moving on...

Your point about Manning was excellent. I will try readjust my outlook to be more positive, however I don't sense the same mojo with this team that I did last year, which could be all me, or it could be what I have gleamed from watching all the games. Only time will tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    Honestly going into last post season the way the team played last year I thought they were going to win the super bowl, which i guess means i had faith in Smith, though not specifically; there was just something magical about that team which is why it may be a decade before I am over the NFC Championship game. Moving on...

Your point about Manning was excellent. I will try readjust my outlook to be more positive, however I don't sense the same mojo with this team that I did last year, which could be all me, or it could be what I have gleamed from watching all the games. Only time will tell.
    Oh there was still plenty of faith in the team as a whole, but even after the year he had there was alot of doubt with Smith. Even playing at home, not many people thought we would have a chance against NO, especially if it got into a shootout type of game like it did. Just an example, I wouldn't have looked at the Giants last year and said to myself "they are going to walk into Lambeau and take out the Pack", but the playoffs are just a whole different beast. I wouldn't ask you to blindly have faith that we're going to morph into some monster team after a few weeks off to gameplan, but there's reason to have hope.

Brandon Coleman Watch

vCash
    Per PFF, few random tidbits:

On passes of 20 yards or more, Colin Kaepernick has an Accuracy Percentage of 60.6%, which is the best in the league.

On passes that are in the air for 19 yards or less, Alex Smith has an Accuracy Percentage of 84.3%, which is the best in the NFL

In the last 5 games of the season, Michael Crabtree had 35 catches for 538 yards on 151 routes (Yards Per Route Run of 3.56). That would have been by far the best of any receiver in the past five years had he kept it up over the entire season.

From December:

Vernon Davis needs to see the ball more. He has the highest yards per target on the 49ers, yet is only targeted on 14.3% of his routes. This is a much lower rate than Randy Moss (24.0%), Mario Manningham (22.3%), and Michael Crabtree (23.9%).

Delanie Walker’s drop rate increased from 9.5% last season to 36.8% this season, the greatest decline among qualifying tight ends. He already has five more drops than he had last year.
    Last edited by mdlr52192; 01-10-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Soon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post

On passes of 20 yards or more, Colin Kaepernick has an Accuracy Percentage of 60.6%, which is the best in the league.

On passes that are in the air for 19 yards or less, Alex Smith has an Accuracy Percentage of 84.3%, which is the best in the NFL

In the last 5 games of the season, Michael Crabtree had 35 catches for 538 yards on 151 routes (Yards Per Route Run of 3.56). That would have been by far the best of any receiver in the past five years had he kept it up over the entire season.

From December:

Vernon Davis needs to see the ball more. He has the highest yards per target on the 49ers, yet is only targeted on 14.3% of his routes. This is a much lower rate than Randy Moss (24.0%), Mario Manningham (22.3%), and Michael Crabtree (23.9%).

Delanie Walker’s drop rate increased from 9.5% last season to 36.8% this season, the greatest decline among qualifying tight ends. He already has five more drops than he had last year.
    So Alex Smith and Colin Kap need to make a baby.

Slap Hands!

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post

From December:

On a side note, if we got rid of Delanie for someone better at any of a number of positions, I wouldn't mind at all.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post

On a side note, if we got rid of Delanie for someone better at any of a number of positions, I wouldn't mind at all.
    Toilolo!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Toilolo!!!!!!
    I've heard you guys talk about some TEs, but I really don't know anything about them this year. Are any of these guys like a Fleener type?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I've heard you guys talk about some TEs, but I really don't know anything about them this year. Are any of these guys like a Fleener type?
    Well the word going around is that alot of Stanford coaches liked Ertz more than Fleener when they had them both.

Brandon Coleman Watch

vCash
    Well the word going around is that alot of Stanford coaches liked Ertz more than Fleener when they had them both.
    Yep! Ertz is a stud, but I'd rather go else where for TE in the draft seeing as to its pretty deep. But I would by no means, but upset if we took Ertz in the first round!
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    This is a pretty decent draft to get a second TE and let Walker walk for sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    So Alex Smith and Colin Kap need to make a baby.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    I think close to 500 yards in two playoff games including the SB qualifies as a marked improvement in the offense.

What I didn't see coming was how quickly our defense became awful... It was like the defense shut it down at halftime of the Patriot game...

Then promptly gave up 31 to New England, 40+ to Seattle, 31 to GB, 24 to ATL by halftime, and 34 to Baltimore...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I think close to 500 yards in two playoff games including the SB qualifies as a marked improvement in the offense.

What I didn't see coming was how quickly our defense became awful... It was like the defense shut it down at halftime of the Patriot game...

Then promptly gave up 31 to New England, 40+ to Seattle, 31 to GB, 24 to ATL by halftime, and 34 to Baltimore...
    We became way too predictable. Rush 4 drop 7. We man up until the redzone then go to cover 2. With Whitner covering the TE, or slot guy...its a huge mismatch. For some reason Rogers gets beat like a red headed step child when covering anyone in the slot. All they have to do is a little 3-4 yard out and Rogers is ****ed. Why he's always so surprised by the out...is beyond me.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast