Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Appreciation

vCash

Appreciation

As expected, the loss stings, but I thought it would be appropriate to show some respect and appreciation for a warrior that has been doing it for so long, Ray Lewis. It was clear that Ray Lewis' impact was felt on that last redzone stand and he willed his team to a win and his 2nd super bowl ring. Patrick Willis has the potential to be a great middle linebacker, but he totally disappeared last night. Willis should model himself after Lewis how he rallies his team around him and wills them to a win.

The 49ers are most likely a better overall team talentwise than the Ravens, but pure heart and soul can't be replaced. The Ravens won last night because of Lewis and his impact on the rest of his teammates. Even Lewis said no weapon formed against them shall prosper, and if anything could destroy the Ravens momemtum it would have been when the lights cut out. But a true warrior picked up his team and got the job done even through obstacles. I would like to see Willis become more of a vocal leader for this team like Lewis because it clearly pays off.

vCash
    I don't see Willis as a vocal guy, you can't turn someone into something they're not.

Also, I think it's fair to contest your saying 'Lewis' impact was felt' with point him out as one of the most ineffective players on the field yesterday. I think he's getting too much credit.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I don't see Willis as a vocal guy, you can't turn someone into something they're not.

Also, I think it's fair to contest your saying 'Lewis' impact was felt' with point him out as one of the most ineffective players on the field yesterday. I think he's getting too much credit.
    Im saying that just him presence on the field impacts that team for the best. Even if he's not playing at a high level, when a team knows that their general is out their fighting with them, it does wonders for the confidence of the defense. The Ravens secondary(especially in the 2nd half) was just as bad as the 49ers but i'm just saying that Lewis can get that team to fight at a critical part of the game when he wants to.

vCash
    niners showed great heart in coming back and almost winning last night...it stings,but not as much as i thought it would,why??...because we will be top 5 contenders for the superbowl for years to come...great season niners,2012-13 NFC CHAMPIONS

vCash
    This one hurts. Hell of a season but these niners have devastated me two years in a row. Have no doubt we will be perennial playoff contenders under Kap for many years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScab View Post
    As expected, the loss stings, but I thought it would be appropriate to show some respect and appreciation for a warrior that has been doing it for so long, Ray Lewis. It was clear that Ray Lewis' impact was felt on that last redzone stand and he willed his team to a win and his 2nd super bowl ring. Patrick Willis has the potential to be a great middle linebacker, but he totally disappeared last night. Willis should model himself after Lewis how he rallies his team around him and wills them to a win.

The 49ers are most likely a better overall team talentwise than the Ravens, but pure heart and soul can't be replaced. The Ravens won last night because of Lewis and his impact on the rest of his teammates. Even Lewis said no weapon formed against them shall prosper, and if anything could destroy the Ravens momemtum it would have been when the lights cut out. But a true warrior picked up his team and got the job done even through obstacles. I would like to see Willis become more of a vocal leader for this team like Lewis because it clearly pays off.
    I don't buy any of this. Ray Lewis sucked at football last game, he couldn't cover anybody and was dominated by our O-Line against the run. He's old, slow and not that good at football, and if he were on the 49ers roster I'm not sure he would play a single down. Maybe special teams?

Moreover, this whole "playing with emotion" and "rallying behind your teammate" crap is the single most exaggerated facet of professional sports. The media needs to dumb down the game and make it appeal to women/families/marginal fans so they end up championing narratives about "emotion" that have nothing to do with the game - "So and so's grandmother died last week so his teammates are rallying around him and playing with emotion, which is the reason why the Heartthumpers will beat the Tearjerkers in Sunday's contest" Give me a f&cking break. All of these guys are professional athletes, all of them play really really hard every single game. To think otherwise is just stupid.

So sick of hearing about Ray Lewis, and I guarantee you his teammates are too. I guarantee you they are tired of his crying and his sermons. BAL played hard because they are a bunch of bad*ss mofos, Ray Lewis included, and the same can be said of SF. Teams like NE that don't have tough players... that's a different story. You can actually see those types of teams/players get shook as the game goes on and they get tuned up a couple times.

vCash
    There are a lot of players on the Ravens I like (Ray Rice is one of my fav running backs.... behind any 49ers one of course), Lewis doesn't even make my top 53.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Ray Lewis is a piece of ****. This thread is laughable. Willis outplayed Lewis last night and had more of an impact than Lewis.

The one thing that makes me sad is how many lives will be lost now that Ray Lewis doesn't have football.

#TANK

vCash
    yeah,not too impressed by ray rays showing last night...ill miss his play,but not his mouth
    Last edited by krazylegz; 02-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    Nothing can stop Ray...not even the judicial system

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Ray Lewis is a piece of ****. This thread is laughable. Willis outplayed Lewis last night and had more of an impact than Lewis.

The one thing that makes me sad is how many lives will be lost now that Ray Lewis doesn't have football.
    This.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    A thread dedicated to Ray Lewis in the 49er forum? I have seen it all now.

The loss hurts, but I am thankful for two memorable seasons in which I witnessed my team come back to relevance, and contention, and it looks like we are here to stay, hopefully we can develop another dynasty and hold it for many years. I am excited about our teams future, and though I didn't want the undefeated in the SB record to be broken, I will force myself to be satisfied with the last two seasons, other fans didn't even enjoy a .500 season, much less a playoff appearance. Next season, though, it's all business, and you either get better or you get worse. We all know what better is...
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Why is this thread still open? Is Nutty the only mod that is left? JBeezy is barely around anymore. I nominate RedandGold for mod.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Why is this thread still open? Is Nutty the only mod that is left? JBeezy is barely around anymore. I nominate RedandGold for mod.
    Why are you starting the thread up again? lol