Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Rex be canned?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 61.36%
  • No

17 38.64%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    I love Rex and what he has done defensively. However, this team just does not look as fired up and nasty as when he first came in, he just looks like he lost a lot of his edge and swagger. I would like to see an offense minded head coach come in, some one like Chip Kelly or David Shaw, while we still have some talent on the defensive side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I agree 100% with Magoo. Rex should be demoted!! And Rex should accept such a demotion.
    LOL! You're a strange little man.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Rex needs to go. This year has been an all around coaching disaster.

Tanny also needs to go. Reupping Sanchez after last year is a fireable offense.

vCash
    I think Rex Ryan should be fired. He seems to only care about one side of the ball, and you can't ignore a huge part of the game just because of your background. All head coaches prefer one side of the ball to the other, but they still focus on both sides of the ball. I'm also starting to think that Rex Ryan isn't as great of a defensive mind as everyone wants you to believe. If you take out the last 3 games (which are against 3 of the worst offenses in the league) and the Colts, the Jets have allowed at least 23 points in each game. The Jets have also given up at least 28 points SIX times. That is ridiculous for a team built around defense.

Also, Rex can't be demoted to DC because of a couple of reasons. The first is that it has never happened before to my knowledge. Why would a HC ever accept such a demotion on the same team? The second reason is that it would divide the locker room. I'm sure many of the players would still feel loyal to Rex, so what happens when the team hits a rough patch? The players might start wondering if their former HC could be doing a better job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    I think Rex Ryan should be fired. He seems to only care about one side of the ball, and you can't ignore a huge part of the game just because of your background. All head coaches prefer one side of the ball to the other, but they still focus on both sides of the ball. I'm also starting to think that Rex Ryan isn't as great of a defensive mind as everyone wants you to believe. If you take out the last 3 games (which are against 3 of the worst offenses in the league) and the Colts, the Jets have allowed at least 23 points in each game. The Jets have also given up at least 28 points SIX times. That is ridiculous for a team built around defense.

Also, Rex can't be demoted to DC because of a couple of reasons. The first is that it has never happened before to my knowledge. Why would a HC ever accept such a demotion on the same team? The second reason is that it would divide the locker room. I'm sure many of the players would still feel loyal to Rex, so what happens when the team hits a rough patch? The players might start wondering if their former HC could be doing a better job.
    The funny thing about this is, no matter how hard we try we can't take them off the books. Just like we can't take the three worst performances off. If we didn't count all the bad games, heck we'd have the best defence that has ever played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    The funny thing about this is, no matter how hard we try we can't take them off the books. Just like we can't take the three worst performances off. If we didn't count all the bad games, heck we'd have the best defence that has ever played.
    That's true. I shouldn't have included that point because anyone could ignore certain stats to make their point. I was just surprised at how many times the Jets have given up 28 points or more this year. That is inexcusable to me since this team is built around a defense that is supposed to be elite.

vCash
    That's true. I shouldn't have included that point because anyone could ignore certain stats to make their point. I was just surprised at how many times the Jets have given up 28 points or more this year. That is inexcusable to me since this team is built around a defense that is supposed to be elite.
    It is still hard to place blame solely on the defence for points against when the other team is getting pick sixes and fumbles recovered for tds. yes the defence had some sketchy moments, but they did enough to keep the team in most games and even win some.

If you look at the defence as a whole, you'd see that they are peaking at the right moment. This team, if in the playoffs would be scary. This is Rex' plan, build a cold weather team and just get in the playoffs, because after that anything is possible, but that never happened and he has to live with that. He will be back next year and get this team back in the playoffs with McElroy if he has to.

vCash
    It is still hard to place blame solely on the defence for points against when the other team is getting pick sixes and fumbles recovered for tds. yes the defence had some sketchy moments, but they did enough to keep the team in most games and even win some.

If you look at the defence as a whole, you'd see that they are peaking at the right moment. This team, if in the playoffs would be scary. This is Rex' plan, build a cold weather team and just get in the playoffs, because after that anything is possible, but that never happened and he has to live with that. He will be back next year and get this team back in the playoffs with McElroy if he has to.
    The offense does give the other team short fields at times. My biggest problems with this defense is that they give up way to many 3rd down conversions and if the team is winning late, the Jets defense always seems to blow the game.

I don't agree with the bolded part at all. Even if Sanchez stopped turning the ball over, other teams wouldn't fear this team. The Jets offense is too easy to stop even without the turnovers. This offense struggles to sustain long drives because of the lack of playmakers.

vCash
    The offense does give the other team short fields at times. My biggest problems with this defense is that they give up way to many 3rd down conversions and if the team is winning late, the Jets defense always seems to blow the game.

I don't agree with the bolded part at all. Even if Sanchez stopped turning the ball over, other teams wouldn't fear this team. The Jets offense is too easy to stop even without the turnovers. This offense struggles to sustain long drives because of the lack of playmakers.
    You're right, anyway hypotheticals are shyte and I should refrain from using them, as they prove absolutely nothing. My bad.

vCash
    You're right, anyway hypotheticals are shyte and I should refrain from using them, as they prove absolutely nothing. My bad.
    It's cool. If Rex comes back, there needs to at least be a change at GM and OC. If he stays, the new GM needs to be better at evaluating talent and run the draft war room. Right now, the combination of Tanny and Rex drafting hasn't worked out well. The new OC needs to realize that the best offensive teams in this league are built around the passing game and not the running game.

vCash

I agree but I'm not sure Rex had a plan. The defense just happens to be peaking at the right time. This is what I would do as Owner.

I would keep Rex; His record is pretty good as a Jets coach. Can't blame him too much for this year with what he's had to work with.
    demote M.R T to some other position where he can keep crunching numbers and not picking talent;
    Get rid of Mark Cavanaugh
    Get rid of Sparano

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash

I agree 100% with that statement. I mean come on, Clyde Gates? Chaz Schellins? Mardy Gilyard? Konrad Reuland? Jeff Cumberland? Bilal Powell? Like I have said before, when I can look at other teams "Reserves" and know they would INSTANTLY be a starter for the Jets, something is seriously wrong. What does it say about our WR when Braylon Edwards is starting after 3 practices?
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    firing rex would set the team back 15 years

vCash
    We just need to move into a new direction. Get a player that isn't such a player's coach. A coach that is more of a disciplinarian, one who demands execution and accountability. Rex's magic has wore off. He seems like a confused idiot most of the time who doesn't have a pulse of the team. More than anything, get an offensive minded coach. When was the last time we had an offensive minded head coach?
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    LOL! You're a strange little man.
    My mom calls me unique!!!!

"The Butt of all jokes"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast