Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Rex be canned?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 61.36%
  • No

17 38.64%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I agree 100% with Magoo. Rex should be demoted!! And Rex should accept such a demotion.
    You agree with Magoo, and you think Rex should be demoted?? Have you been dipping into the Green Lantern juice early in the morning again??

vCash
    I like Rex. When he was hired I was all for it. I think he's a great defensive coach but I think it's time for a change. I thinking he's losing some of the players. From the guarantees backfiring, to the exaggeration and hype of certain players and the team. His handling of the QB situation. How he lost the lockerroom last season. His terrible in-game clock/timeout management. It's blatant neglect of everything offense. It's just time to go.

I guess I wouldn't be totally against him coming back for one more year but I think he should be fired. Tanny, Sparano and the entire coaching staff need to go. The only coaches I would keep are Pettine and Dunbar. And perhaps Westhoff.

If he stays he definitely needs to get rid of Sparano and get an OC that can develop a QB.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    And if you were Rex Ryan the H.C. you would accept such a demotion? Or would you simply tell Woody to kick rocks? Pretty sure Rex's contract is guaranteed. Would also make sense that a HC's contract has protection against such acts as demotion etc. If they did not what would stop owners from hiring the best DC's as a HC then "demoting" them within a day to DC?

and at the very least Rex ryan would prob be offered big money to coach defense for a team closer to a SB than the Jets.
    Don't get me wrong, in normal circumstances It is a huge slap in the face and he should absolutely tell management to **** off. But the Jets are a perfect match for him in terms of media and players (his love of great corners). I think he would consider the demotion and get back to purely focusing on defense. Again, maybe we just have 1 coach on each side of the ball. Maybe he is still the "Head Coach" to the media but he needs someone else to just completely take the reigns of the offense because its incredibly obvious that he cannot handle that aspect of the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post
    You agree with Magoo, and you think Rex should be demoted?? Have you been dipping into the Green Lantern juice early in the morning again??
    Its called green drank my friend!!

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaxor5 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, in normal circumstances It is a huge slap in the face and he should absolutely tell management to **** off. But the Jets are a perfect match for him in terms of media and players (his love of great corners). I think he would consider the demotion and get back to purely focusing on defense. Again, maybe we just have 1 coach on each side of the ball. Maybe he is still the "Head Coach" to the media but he needs someone else to just completely take the reigns of the offense because its incredibly obvious that he cannot handle that aspect of the job.
    Thats called getting a good OC, and the jets seem to not know how to find one...

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    How the hell does a coach get demoted? And to what? Does anyone have a suggestion or are they simply shooting **** out of their ***? Are these really the best solutions out there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaxor5 View Post
    I dont think Rex Ryans ego would allow that. Rex is a HC and would prob take an ESPN GIG making crazy money rather than agree to a demotion. Rex would surpass John Madden and John Gruden as the face of national TV. Could you imagine Rex's thanksgiving tur****en ducken? Would be instant classic!!

If Rex sees himself as a good HC then a HC is all he will be.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Despite looking like an idiot with this quarterback scenario, I say a resounding no. This team isn't bad and Rex gets the true best out of a pretty suspect defense. Rex deserves a year without Mark for sure.
    Agreed with the glaring holes that we have on this team, and the horrible way that Sanchez has performed, we could easily have the same record as the Arizona Cardinals. But were were in playoff contention until Monday. Say what you will about Rex but he is a big part of that

vCash
    The only reason people want Rex ryan fired is because the team didn't reach it's expectations. Expectations that Rex made possible. Super Bowl aspirations never felt in over 40 years. I can honestly say, that before 2010 I never once went into a season thinking there was even a remote chance of the Jets winning a title. Have any of you? E

vCash
    Honestly, as much as I rate his tactical skills, yes.

Starting Mark against Jax and Titans is a sackable offence. He has proved that insomuch as yes, he is a defensive mastermind, he doesnt have what it takes to lead the team, and he is unable to get an absolutely key decision right.

The loss to Titans is 100% the result of Rex - either his stubbornness, his misplaces loyalty, or his inability to pick the starting team.

vCash
    thank you, Patty Drips, for talking some sense to these people.

could you guys possibly imagine what this team would have been without Rex? Half of these players come to the Jets JUST TO PLAY FOR REX!... Without him, we would have a horrible O and a below average Defense

If Rex were to find the right OC and not have Tanny ****** up every draft, this team could be amazing. We just need a new QB and more Offensive talent.

The defense THAT REX RYAN BUILT has kept us in every game. He needs to get the right OC and focus a little more on OFFENSE but he should certainly stay for at least 1 more year, if not 2

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYozzy View Post
    thank you, Patty Drips, for talking some sense to these people.

could you guys possibly imagine what this team would have been without Rex? Half of these players come to the Jets JUST TO PLAY FOR REX!... Without him, we would have a horrible O and a below average Defense

If Rex were to find the right OC and not have Tanny ****** up every draft, this team could be amazing. We just need a new QB and more Offensive talent.

The defense THAT REX RYAN BUILT has kept us in every game. He needs to get the right OC and focus a little more on OFFENSE but he should certainly stay for at least 1 more year, if not 2
    People come to the NY Jets because of the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, NOT REX RYAN!!!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYozzy View Post
    They would come to play regardless of who is coaching. They are getting paid millions of dollars, and every play on the field is significant to their football future
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    They would come to play regardless of who is coaching. They are getting paid millions of dollars, and every play on the field is significant to their football future
    Aside from Bart Scott and Jim Leonard, I don't know who else came here because of Rex. They were both major contributors to the defense and culture of this team in 2009-2010, so there might not have been 2 AFC title games.

But really, who knows? The offense might have been more of a priority.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    the whole Organization is screwed up. I would prefer to see a fresh start
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast