Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QueensG_718 View Post
    They are under my gums so they will have to cut my gums to get em out.
    Cutting if the gums is nothing. If they're impacted, they'll have to break them out or even remove parts of the bone. Hopefully you don't have this issue.

I have a unique situation with mine.

Had all four done at once while I was unconscious (absolutely recommend it) and as Bucky said, it's amazing that once they get the IV in, you can't count to four before you're out. I too woke up confused. I thought they hadn't started and I was trying to ask them when they were going to be done but had a mouth full of gauze.

That day was pretty friggin miserable. Not much pain but looked like a chipmunk and was drooling blood all afternoon.

Next few days were alright. I took 800mg ibuprofen and percs and it was fine. But I had such crazy dry mouth that sleeping was nearly impossible. Could barely swallow. So drink LOTS of water and flush those beasts with warm salt water often.

It's pretty damn uncomfortable but there's not much pain. I just had to eat instant mashed potatoes for a damn week.

The next week I had a pretty bad anxiety attack once I stopped taking the percs and it took me years to get over the anxiety. I was terrified of the dentist before I went in and was tore up for about a week before the surgery. Couldn't eat or anything. All the panic came from using a straw and worrying about a dry socket.

If not for the anxiety, it would have been ok.
    Last edited by Ian.; 12-19-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    I'm In.

vCash
    i never grew any wisdom teeth

vCash
    I had 4 impacted as well, and was put out for my surgery. Mine actually developed late so they were bigger and more painful at the time as well.

As for the pain afterwards? It's really not that bad. It's more annoying than anything having to adjust your eating habits temporarily. You'll be fine in a couple days.

vCash
    I was awake during mine and it wasn't bad at all.

vCash
    its not bad at all, i had all 4 out at once, was eating normally the next day but had to be careful

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    I remember layin down, they gave me a shot, and the Dr. said, "Hey, what does your tattoo say?" Last thing I remember was waking up. It's a pain in the *** two weeks after the surgery, you'll lose about 10 pounds, u can eat much, all I ate was apple sauce, and yogurt. you can't brush your teeth properly. You have nasty taste in your mouth, salt water, blood, the gross chapstick they give you.
    Last edited by AIMelo=KillaDUO; 12-19-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    The dentist suggested 2 separate times so at least i can chew on one side. At first i told him i rather all at once and he said better to do it in two sessions.
    Well that is your choice obviously, but it does sound like he is trying to get more money out of it. I don't think it will help your eating much by only doing one side. It would be a pain to try and chew on just one side and the other side is going to bother you. It's not an enjoyable experience and definitely not something you want to have done twice if you can help it.

Yeah it sucks eating for a week or so when you get all four out, but I think it would be a pain to eat on one side anyway. You can find enough stuff to eat that you don't have to chew. I drank protein shakes and had alot of soup and pudding.

vCash
    Even chewing on one side is stupid. You won't be able to eat solid food still because it'll just go into your holes and be a ***** to flush out.

Sounds like your dentist is an idiot/greedy
    I'm In.

vCash
    Man mine weren't near as easy as a lot of your guys. Had 4 done at once 3 impacted. Screw that it was painful I couldn't talk for 2-3 days or eat solid foods for 5 days. It was pure misery and the pain meds only help so much.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Got all 4 of mine out at the same time, like bucky and ian said counted to 4 and was out like a light. I woke up and could barely walk/stand and had to be pushed in a wheel chair to the truck. The vicodin knocked me out for about 16 hours the 1st day, but once it wore off I was hurting, was back to eating normally after about 4-5 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash

wisdom tooth removal

That **** knocked me out at 7 hahah. I had the luck of a stitch coming undone and blood gushing into my mouth in the middle of the night. I had some ****** luck. Easily took a week to recover for me because of that. Oh yeah, I had all 4 taken out. I had a miserable experience. 3/10, would never do again.

vCash
    Did you feel any pain during the procedure though? Did they give you local or general anastheatic?
    I was not knocked out and I had 5 removed at once, including two that were fully compacted. I didn't feel a thing. They recommend bringing music to listen to, again because I was awake. I had noise canceling ones, but I could faintly hear some of the tools. I was probably half asleep for half the time too. I opened my eyes a few times to see what was up...a bit odd seeing them remove tiny pieces of tooth.

I had no pain ever. There was no reason to take the pain killers after the procedure. Swollen cheeks for a few days, a minor annoyance. That's it.

But it definitely has to depend on person to person. Because I have heard horror stories.

A drank a lot of smoothies, ate tons of yogurt, and lots of soup. Not eating solid food for a while isn't the end of the world.

Also pasta too. You can just swallow noodles.
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-19-2012 at 02:54 PM.

vCash
    So all 4 at once sounds like a plan.the not eating solid food i can deal with.i just dont want to go through that **** twice.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    So all 4 at once sounds like a plan.the not eating solid food i can deal with.i just dont want to go through that **** twice.
    Play it safe dont use a straw and you wont get a dry socket.

vCash
    I don't get why you'd ever split it up. Your orthodontist recommended that?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast