Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Mine was quick and painless. I was awake for the whole thing- local anaesthetic and laughing gas. Didn't hurt at all, felt pretty funny seeing the guy yank them out of my head. No real pain at all afterwards- didn't need a single painkiller at any point after freezing wore off.

vCash
    I had all four of mine out at the same time, it was very easy, no pain.

The only pain was from the very small prick from the IV they put in my arm to knock me out, I woke up groggy, and then just went home and slept. They give you pills to help with any residual pain too.

Its really easy, the people are good at their jobs.
    Lester to the Cubs??

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I don't get why you'd ever split it up. Your orthodontist recommended that?
    Yeah it sounds like he is trying to get more money out of him. He would get more of the insurance money (I assume he has insurance) getting two surgeries out of him instead of just one.

I would also have to wonder if the insurance company would have something to say about that as well. If he does decide to split it up he should talk to his insurance. They might refuse to cover the surgery twice.

vCash
    True it seems to me he just wants the cash...hes a good dentist but i dont see the reason to go in twice..all he said that i can at least eat on the side that wasnt operated on. But again i rather go through it just once.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    Thanks to everyone for yoyr responses. Im alot less nervous about the whole thing.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    I got all 4 of mine taken out during winter break in highschool, didn't take any meds after, sleeping was my pain medication. I laid on a couch ate pudding and **** for about 3 days. Didn't leave the couch except to go to the bathroom which was like 5 feet away. Really isn't that bad.

vCash
    It's not really a big deal. My cheeks were swollen a couple days, but that's about it. And you probably won't be able to eat solid foods for the first day or two.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Your orthodontist probably said split them up, because im assuming he'll get some more money doing two surgeries.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    i got mine and the dentist was good. the shot knocked me out but when i wokeup, no one was in the room so i opened the door and walked out. i was stumbling around and the guy saw me outside and made me sleep in a stretcher for 2 hours before i could leave lol

on day 2 i was hungry as **** so i said screw it went to macdonalds and got my usual meal 20 nuggets, mcchicken, and a mcdouble

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Ive heard of people with complications and a lot of pain after and stuff...

I just got mine out on Friday, all 4, and Im probably in the minority but I had no pain at all at any point in time. The stiches get annoying, keep playing with them and my teeth )other teeth) are a little sore but its totally easy and fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    I had braces while I got my wisdom teeth removed. They had to cut through my gums to take all four out, I was obviously put to sleep before they took them out. The last thing I remember was the "Rick-rolled" song playing in the background before going to sleep. My mouth was sore for about a week after the removal. Was during Christmas time too from what I remember.

vCash
    Mine is in 4.5 hours

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Are you opting for the drill or will it be by chisel and hammer?
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QueensG_718 View Post
    Im sceduled to have all 4 of them removed soon and im kind of terrified of the whole process? How was your experience?im going in two separate times so 2 and 2. Not all 4 at once.
    You have nothing to fear.

I had all 4 of my wisdoms removed at once. I opted for general anesthesia. One minute you're counting down from 10 and the next minute you wake up with your mouth stuffed with swabs and trying to stand up straight. You'll need a family member/friend (or a trustworthy taxi driver) to get you home following the procedure. There was a little discomfort after the anesthesia completely wore off, but all I needed was an over the counter aspirin to get through it. I only missed a total of 2 days of work and school (including the day of the operation).
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QueensG_718 View Post
    True it seems to me he just wants the cash...hes a good dentist but i dont see the reason to go in twice..all he said that i can at least eat on the side that wasnt operated on. But again i rather go through it just once.
    It may also be that your insurance carrier has a cap on the $$$ amount or number of procedures that can be done at one time. True, this costs them more in the long run, but it also safeguards the insurer from doctors who overbill for "needless" add-on procedures.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast